Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk About The Snowy Escape Gameplay Trailer

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Yubell wrote: »
    It doesn't look likes there's enough in it to be considered an expansion pack. I reminds me of seasons and spa day too much and the more i think on it the more depressing it becomes.

well we don't really know the game play yet

@comicsforlife We kind of do know the main gameplay though...

we don't know how it works

I know it won't be in it but I'd love it if we got competitive skiing lol. But I think it'll just be normal skiing.

Tbh although I'm sure it'll be a little disappointing for me, I wonder if hiking is an actual group activity thing - like you actually can click on sims and "go hiking together". I'd really like that because it's something that for me is sorely missing from JA - and also C&D. I wish families could walk the family dog together.

me to that would be great @SimTrippy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Yubell wrote: »
    It doesn't look likes there's enough in it to be considered an expansion pack. I reminds me of seasons and spa day too much and the more i think on it the more depressing it becomes.

well we don't really know the game play yet

@comicsforlife We kind of do know the main gameplay though...

we don't know how it works

I know it won't be in it but I'd love it if we got competitive skiing lol. But I think it'll just be normal skiing.

Tbh although I'm sure it'll be a little disappointing for me, I wonder if hiking is an actual group activity thing - like you actually can click on sims and "go hiking together". I'd really like that because it's something that for me is sorely missing from JA - and also C&D. I wish families could walk the family dog together.

I REALLY hope group hiking becomes an activity. I would love to be able to do it in Granite Falls. My husband and I hiked 6.5 miles UP a mountain in Tennessee. It was getting towards sunset, and we almost gave up, but we endured and got some of the most beautiful pictures you could imagine!! Finding the 6.5 miles back down in the dark was a challenge though...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2020
    Still no word from thesims on Twitter when its coming. If it is Today we have 42 minutes.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited October 2020
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I feel I didn’t learn anything from the trailer from the last trailer
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020
    There seems to be a 'no phone user' lifestyle! That's so cool and really helpful for gameplay!

(At 1:05 in the trailer there's a greyed out symbol that's almost certainly a no-phone symbol)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited October 2020
    The trailer gave us a glimpse at the sentiment/memory/whatever system, but it didn't tell us anythig we didn't already know. But we did glean a few things.

1) Those monkey rocks. Did they replace the shrine, or is this from another part of he mountain? EDIT: Rewatched the reveal trailer. Definitely from another part of the mountain.
    2) Ice sculptures/festival?
    3) Hina is a lesbian and in a relationship. Third Sims 4 lesbian couple in a row, and 4th overall.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    It could be a little bigger? (The trailer) we need more info 😂😂😂
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited October 2020
    We'll have to wait for the livestream :) those gameplay trailers are mostly the blog notes with images 😅
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    My impressions from the Snowy Escape Trailer, it looks fine. I like that the voice did not felt cringy, it was calm and informative. Lifestyles seem less exciting now but they could still be interesting.

I could also not help but notice that it feels like the video itself slows down below 30 fps in the beginning. I wonder how well this pack will run on lower-end computers.
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Looks like for each lifestyle there's an opposing one
    Sedentary vs Energetic
    phone ones
    Close Knit vs People Person
    Indoorsy vs Outdoorsy
    Junk Food Friend vs Health Food Nut
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I wonder if these Lifestyles will be implemented in the same way like quirks from GF.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I wonder if these Lifestyles will be implemented in the same way like quirks from GF.

they also didnt say a thing about them surge emotions like girl whats gawn on
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    HopeyStarr wrote: »

Probably, I find it strange that they are hidden. I suppose they want you to discover them yourself with your sims and I wonder if you will get a prompt to choose one or if the game does it automatically.

ODORugC.png

I also hope that if you do something that is not according to your lifestyle, you will not end up with tense or angry buffs. It's pretty difficult to be outdoorsy all the time for example.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    Not gonna lie I'm disappointed with the world. The "Japanese" part looks identical to Willow Creek and Newcrest. I could already recreate this neighborhood just by putting a few Japanese houses into the base game worlds.
    world.png
    newcrestmap1fixed.jpg

Also just looking at this neighborhood it looks like its full of fake buildings which is extremely disappointing as I really hate set dressing in the game.
    I am, however interested in the ponds. Are they giving us a pond tool? Or is this just a static pond. Is this pond/park area a seperate lot or it it accessible without a loading screen?
  • Options
    mmb_abrmmb_abr Posts: 58 Member
    I definitely want more info on the lifestyles (can we have more than one?) but I was pumped to see a climber doing a heel hook (was just starting to learn them before the pandemic put my climbing on indefinite hold)! The world, CAS, and especially the build items look amazing! So cool we’re getting two styles of hot springs and *maybe* new makeup on the Sim with the green hair. Not sure if we already have that and it’s just a swatch and style I wouldn’t normally use.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Wow, what a useless trailer. What was that supposed to show me? We've already seen all of this before. They barely showed the Lifestyles feature at all.
    The Lifestyles feature looks pretty shallow too, they just look like pointless happy buffs to me. SMH
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I just watched the trailer. I probably need to re-watch it again but for now I feel like I still don't know much. The only part which really stood out for me is the screenshot above showing the lifestyles. It has me a little worried for how much impact they will have on our sims. Like is it just going to add another random trait to our sims or will it be something more? I guess we will find out eventually.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I just watched the trailer. I probably need to re-watch it again but for now I feel like I still don't know much. The only part which really stood out for me is the screenshot above showing the lifestyles. It has me a little worried for how much impact they will have on our sims. Like is it just going to add another random trait to our sims or will it be something more? I guess we will find out eventually.

And they're also all Happy, Positive traits, nothing negative. It will probably be pretty shallow.
  • Options

I am worried that they will work the same as the celebrity quirks in Get Famous. Happy buff if you do something according to your chosen lifestyle, negative buff if you do something not according to it. I thought the quirks in get famous were pretty annoying... it did not help that they also were bugged so sims got negative buffs even if they did not have the quirks...

I hope they can showcase that in the livestream.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    bixters wrote: »

And they're also all Happy, Positive traits, nothing negative. It will probably be pretty shallow.

To be honest I don't want to sound negative here but I'm actually not expecting much from this feature. I was super excited for it after the announcement trailer but now that I'm over the the hype and I've started to think more about it I just have this worried feeling that it isn't going to be what we want it to be and the screenshot has not really done anything to change this feeling for me. I hope I'm wrong of course.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Well, that trailer kinda fell flat. It was more an add-on to the previous reveal trailer rather than giving us more info. Maybe I missed what they were trying to tell us? All it did for me was give some insight into the other aspects in the pack that have nothing to do with snow activities. And the bit about rock climbing hinted at our Sims perhaps dying or hurting themselves. It showed a smaller version of the table and a different view of the festival. I am all over the finding your Zen part. Anything that expands on the wellness skill is fun for me. And after everything we have been through this year, we could all use a heavy dose of peace and tranquility. This style of pack is right up my alley. I am looking forward to seeing what it does during the Live Play stream. Buuuut...that doesn't mean I will buy it upon it's release. It has been four months since EL and I am still waiting for a gardening fix. :/
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Ah yeah, the trailer is 2:24 long.
    The Twitter version is 1:00 long, that’s why I think in a first moment it was too short
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Still excited for it! This time around, the build/buy is really driving the pack home for me. I cant wait to build some onsen. I think Im probably going to spend the whole day building once I get it.