Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've given up on hotels

Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
We've had 5 packs so far that cater to vacation themes and not once have we gotten a hotel.

I've officially given up hope. Who knows though, maybe the 6th vacation themed pack will include them. :#
e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
Post edited by EA_Joz on

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    This suuuuuuuucks...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    Disappointed not really sure how it qualifies for an expansion
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Cannot say anything changed for me since I had a feeling hotels were not going to be included. I feel it would have to be a completely vacation focused pack without splitting the focus.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i didnt think there would be hotels. i figure if it comes into the game it will be a gp not ep.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Just wait, a Game Pack will come out with hotels in the next 6 months for $20. They just love splitting up content so we can pay more and more money! It's EA, it's all about the $$$
    I'm so sick of paying extra money for features that should already be included in the game. I'm just so over it.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Just wait, a Game Pack will come out with hotels in the next 6 months for $20. They just love splitting up content so we can pay more and more money! It's EA, it's all about the $$$
    I'm so sick of paying extra money for features that should already be included in the game. I'm just so over it.

I hear you but I learned to be patient and wait for an good sale and pay what I feel it is worth. There are two or three features missing that I would pay full price 1)Lot Editors-Customize lot dimensions 2) Neighborhood creators- Make and edit neighborhoods 3)Create Apts from scratch. other than that each pack is similar in development with the exception of location and environment and theme. It is all about items and not features.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited October 2020
    This is from a link given in another thread, emphasis mine. "The first world in The Sims 4 to introduce both residential homes and rental lots for vacationers, Mt. Komorebi offers three new primary neighborhoods for Sims to take their dream vacation or make the winter locale their home."

There is a trend happening lately where it's totally cool to rent another person's house/apartment/ etc. to vacation in. While I'm not all that keen on using my own home that way, movies have even been made based on this premise. Hotels may be what's on the decline. But the point is, you can have your Sims rent a place. In many ways it's not that different from booking a hotel room, except you may be able to do your own cooking, depending on what the lot includes. Right now, the only way I can use Sulani as a honeymoon location is to 'move' my Sims there on a very temporary basis. I use the freerealestate cheat so they don't go broke.
    bixters wrote: »

While I feel your frustration, I'm not entirely certain who it is who gets to decide what goes into a pack and what doesn't. Us, or the people developing the game? Besides, if they don't make money at it, why should they continue to produce it? I'm just pleased that finally there is an EP I'm interested in. I bypassed the EL and then the Game pack FTB. Nothing says you have to buy it, just sayin'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited October 2020
    There was a possible leak on the gallery saying that a new lot type or whatever it's called (I'm tired) was titled Hotels. Pixelade made a recent video.

It looks real, to me. Hotels was also mentioned in the same survey that asked a lot about this current EP we're getting.

AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »
    There was a possible leak on the gallery saying that a new lot type or whatever it's called (I'm tired) was titled Hotels. Pixelade made a recent video.

It looks real, to me. Hotels was also mentioned in the same survey that asked a lot about this current EP we're getting.

@Khrisstyne I think this is fake since nobody else seems to have that option.
    Also the game hasn't been patched for the pack yet so it would be nearly impossible for this to exist (since we're still playing the journey to Batuu patch)
    And also the user who posted this was deleted along with their post.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    edited October 2020
    This is from a link given in another thread, emphasis mine. "The first world in The Sims 4 to introduce both residential homes and rental lots for vacationers, Mt. Komorebi offers three new primary neighborhoods for Sims to take their dream vacation or make the winter locale their home."

Perhaps you don't really use hotels as much but even if Airbnbs are becoming more popular, many hotels are still booming businesses and many of us still prefer this type of accommodation when we travel. For an example: 68% of business travellers prefer hotels over Airbnb. Additionally only 23% of Millennials prefer Airbnb.

Since we will still have loading screens whether send your Sim to stay in a rental home in Sulani or make them just go home to sleep after a day at the beach, being able to add rental lots to non-vacation worlds doesn't make a difference to me. But I appreciate that people have different playing styles.

Hotels differ from rental lots because you will have hotel staff, room service, other guests, can own it as a business, etc.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Khrisstyne wrote: »

I'd love for it to be real, But That's so easy to fake. Besides, a feature as big as hotels would probably be in the trailer or a blog post.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2020
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    Yeah. I've become so hopeful of the near impossible things. :D
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I just wrote this in a different thread:

"I don't think hotels will come with this pack, but I do think they will do hotels as a game pack sometime soon. I think it's such an asked for feature, that they could easily flesh out a bit and make more money from if they brought it out in a separate pack, to be honest. I think they're setting the stage for it in this pack, with the (I think) new options to have a vacation lot or a home lot in a world (I'm really hoping so, anyway). So, once there is this capability, it would be more possible to introduce hotel lots in the future that you could then place in any world...

Just a thought, but I reckon there'll be a hotel gamepack soon."
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I feel your pain but I just want the garden to be fixed. Why no love for fresh food and juices. It's time for the garden and kitchen to get some respect.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Probably will not see them as they do not want to tamper with the performance of Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Andyzhang2896Andyzhang2896 Posts: 58 Member
    I was hoping SE to include a hotel! I guess they will add it in a Game Pack instead, let's hope the gameplay won't be too shallow because of 'game pack'.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Noop... no more Packs lol i haven't bought any cos they just sell off every little thing in them to try and make you buy them i ain't doing it lol i stand absolutely firm on that. Best you can do is use a Generic Lot to make Vacation Homes for your Sims.