Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies Update Possible Hint!

TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
back in January 2017, they surprised us with the toddler's update along with the vampires game pack. so what if they're going to make a similar announcement next year by updating and freeing the babies along with a stuff or game pack announcement?

i put up this discussion for i recently found out that snowy escape was hinted at the nifty knitting trailer since this old lady is thinking about sledding (first pic). now, one of the official screens (second pic) for nifty knitting also shows that the same old lady is thinking about a big dog with a baby! i don't know about anyone else but I feel like they've been working on babies and preparing a possible surprise announcement early next year just like how they did back in jan 2017. them babies also received new clothes or onesies in the latest stuff pack and there were also a reference to updating babies in the most recent surveys omg. im so excited and what are your thoughts?

videoplayback-1705.jpg

screen3.jpg

EDIT: they added a clean a toddler on a sink interaction in the new update.

y'all got bread?
Post edited by TheIntrovertSimmer on

Comments

• Options
    K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    That would be awesome! The babies now are pointless except to level up parenting.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really hope that also ends up being it hint otherwise pretty rude of them showing how great babies could be sitting up and petting the dog one activity that can be done if they create the babies to play as new born - first year who gradually learn going from rolling sitting to full on crawling and with that the life stage gap would almost be complete besides not having preteens.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    That would be awesome! The babies now are pointless except to level up parenting.

for real pls i hope they can transition out of the crib already
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I really hope that also ends up being it hint otherwise pretty rude of them showing how great babies could be sitting up and petting the dog one activity that can be done if they create the babies to play as new born - first year who gradually learn going from rolling sitting to full on crawling and with that the life stage gap would almost be complete besides not having preteens.

totally agree. i really hope 2021's gon be a great year for the game. 2020 can choke

y'all got bread?
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    They also showed the old lady thinking of a little toddler on one of those little tricycles! I think we definitely can expect a Generations EP of some sort next year or at least these features. I desperately hope we get an EP similar to Generations that solely fleshes out every life stage besides the young adults/adults!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited October 2020
    They can do what they want. The babies are going to be staying in their darn cribs in my game, just as I try to do in 2/3.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited October 2020
    I would love a baby update...... I have a baby in my game that has been there about 4 years waiting for that update.... lol. The sooner the better.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    Funny how I never cared much for family gameplay or babies but now that I’m getting older it’s grown on me lol. I would love for babies to not be considered objects anymore. I would also like strollers to make a return.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If they free the babies, I hope they give us plenty of places to put them. Like bouncy chairs, a blanket for them to play on (not just the bare floor), laps, changing tables, strollers and whatever else makes sense. It drove me crazy to see my sims put their babies on the floor in Sims 2 and 3.
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Cats and Dogs part 2 only if you own my pet stuff and off course Batuu.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Soooo could I feed the baby to the dog?
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    Soooo could I feed the baby to the dog?

that's dark HAHAHAHAH LOL
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I think the babies will be playable sometime in 2021.
  • Options
    boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    OMG, this is amazing, I think that this will be the year for the sims.
  • Options
    PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    I hope this will be the next big update! I already love the toddlers in the game and baby's have the potential to be just as cute.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I was just playing a family last night who like to be next to their babies, and it got kind of old constantly going into build mode to move the cribs. It would be wonderful if the Sims could carry their babies from room to room.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Rouensims Try Bienchen’s live draggable bassinet mod. https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Nah, it's just art. To me it looks more like a small toddler than baby.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I really think a Generations pack might be coming next year. I think we're at a turning point for TS4 starting with the sentiments update.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @Rouensims Try Bienchen’s live draggable bassinet mod. https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/

Thank you! :)

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Nah, it's just art. To me it looks more like a small toddler than baby.
    No way Sims 4 toddlers play pretty old its way to small and its bald in a onesie which is pretty much exclusive for babies in the Sims.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Im thinking we will see a generations expansion in the spring and a baby update will be part of that. It may be wishful thinking but I definitely think that is a hint.
  • Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    I don't think they will ever bring a generation pack, at least not with the right to hold that name and not what is the community expects from a generation pack. It seems to me that they do not want to make family play a big part of this life simulation (anymore). Other then that, it is possible that they will create something that comes 'close' to it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    If they free the babies, I hope they give us plenty of places to put them. Like bouncy chairs, a blanket for them to play on (not just the bare floor), laps, changing tables, strollers and whatever else makes sense. It drove me crazy to see my sims put their babies on the floor in Sims 2 and 3.

I used to scoot different colored tiles underneath the baby to make it look like they were laying on a blanket. Even on carpet in RL a blanket should come between baby and the icky, not as clean as it may look, carpeting. :open_mouth: Sadly, I think all of that complaining got us the do-nothing with babies in Sims3 and now the tethered babies in Sims4. One GIANT step backwards!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    It didn’t bother me that much, unless I couldn’t find them...,lol. I used to put a rug that looked like a blanket under them, or move them. But, I would love to see a variety of places they could be put as well, a sofa, a bouncy chair, stroller, blanket, a blanket with a toy attached on top, a play pen, a crib, and I hope we do get changing tables that actually work to change diapers snd clothes. I think we should be able to rock them in a rocking chair, hold them while sitting and standing. I would also like to be able to put them in a snuggly against the body. And I hope we can nurse, or feed them a bottle while sitting with them on our laps. Being able to turn over, begin to crawl, play with toys on their own would be the whipped cream and cherry on top!!