Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could these be the new Lifestyles? (Snowy Escape Speculation)

Hey guys,

So there is a lot of debate about the Lifestyles and what they are going to be like, if they are going to change fundamental things about the game or if they are stongly tied to just they expansion pack and I think I might have a guess.

I just took this quiz from the official EA site called "What's Your Snowy Escape?", bear in mind that those quizzes usually have something to do with actual features from the pack. The quiz is about what your visit to this new world would be like. It's based on the choices you make. As soon as I got my result I though: "Wow, this totally sounds like something a Lifestyle type would be".

Here are some examples from the results I have gotten so far:

HcLcCUw.png

4Dvt61R.png

lN4ZO0e.png (sorry the image didn't show up with this one)

OOcYHWn.png

I know these feel like a strech but I think they don't have to be exactly as mentioned here but I'm guessing the new Lifestyles will be similar to these. Like for example there could be an Extreme Lifestyle (which is all about skiing and dangerous sports), a Trendy Lifestyle (that's about the modern life, and appearence), a Culture/Traditional Lifestyle (which would be about learning and practicing new cultures and staying traditional) etc.

What do you guys think of this?
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I think the five lifestyles that are in the quiz are some of the ones we're getting :) :

j9FmqL3.png

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I think the five lifestyles that are in the quiz are some of the ones we're getting :) :

j9FmqL3.png

To me they sound like just different names for traits. Active, lazy/squeamish, outgoing, ambitious, etc.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

j9FmqL3.png

To me they sound like just different names for traits. Active, lazy/squeamish, outgoing, ambitious, etc.

I thought that too. The same, but renamed. It doesn't sound very promising if that is the case.
    if these are the ones then it sounds like this will work the same way as parenthood's system
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I've been thinking the same about the quiz results, we'll see.
    But in the end it is not so much what they are called, but how they will actually effect gameplay in terms of autonomy and such.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I was hoping it would be more specific than “inspirational” for example - because we have a lot of things that benefit from inspiration: cooking, painting, playing an instrument, flower arranging, mixing drinks, mixing music, writing. I want character-defining lifestyles that aren’t so intermingled. I play rotationally and it’s so easy to forget which sims do which hobbies, and skill points are not always a good indicator of that (I’ve started favoriting items in personal inventories to remind myself). I might have 10 “inspirational” sims that have their own take on that, and I hope the system doesn’t have them autonomously do all those things because that muddies it more for me. I hope it’s broken down into more specific themes, or specific skills/activities that my sims have been using.

Lots of speculation, and surely it can’t be this thoughtless, but then again... wouldn’t be the first thoughtless thing they’ve done.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2020
    It's supposed to be 16 lifestyles. https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Bundle-Up-For-The-Ultimate-Winter-Getaway-In-The-Sims-4-Snowy-Escape-Available-November-13/default.aspx

LiELF had a pretty good theory that it might be based on the Myers and Briggs Sixteen Personalities psychology which is what KawaiiStacie's mod Slice of Life is based on.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I don't think the quiz would have any hints about what the lifestyles are. I don't remember them ever putting any new information or reveals within the quizzes in the past. And, as @logion said, there's supposed to be 16 total lifestyles. The quiz only seems to have 5 or so results.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It's supposed to be 16 lifestyles. https://ir.ea.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2020/Bundle-Up-For-The-Ultimate-Winter-Getaway-In-The-Sims-4-Snowy-Escape-Available-November-13/default.aspx

LiELF had a pretty good theory that it might be based on the Myers and Briggs Sixteen Personalities psychology which is what KawaiiStacie's mod Slice of Life is based on.

@logion This sounds like an awesome idea but is absolutely not pack-related...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2020
    Hmmmmm I agree more with @logion
    I think it's going to be more like slice of life. Maybe they even took the idea. I think they get ideas from mods all the time and people are always praising it. That would be pretty awesome if true.

I definitely think some people are getting way too excited thinking it's going to bring MAJOR change like ts2 kinda stuff. But who know? Just my opinion. Just hate to see people get overhyped then upset it wasn't what they thought.

Oh but the quiz did seem pretty random. Like what was it for? Could be a hint to that you may be right.
    Those 5 lifestyles mentioned sound exactly like traits. Which is weird. Maybe it's just like a trait enhancer?

What I'm most excited about is the possibility of sims being able to have real enemies that don't wash your dishes lol and more memories maybe
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020

I haven’t had any interest in the Slice of Life mod, but I think the Myers-Briggs theory would be a really fun way to implement personalities in game! I hope you’re right! Although there are other 16-factor personality theories that seem equally likely, like Cattell’s. Cattell’s include:

Abstractedness: Imaginative versus practical
    Apprehension: Worried versus confident
    Dominance: Forceful versus submissive
    Emotional stability: Calm versus high-strung
    Liveliness: Spontaneous versus restrained
    Openness to change: Flexible versus attached to the familiar
    Perfectionism: Controlled versus undisciplined
    Privateness: Discreet versus open
    Reasoning: Abstract versus concrete
    Rule-consciousness: Conforming versus non-conforming
    Self-reliance: Self-sufficient versus dependent
    Sensitivity: Tender-hearted versus tough-minded
    Social boldness: Uninhibited versus shy
    Tension: Inpatient versus relaxed
    Vigilance: Suspicious versus trusting
    Warmth: Outgoing versus reserved

Myers-Briggs include:
    ISTJ - The Inspector
    ISTP - The Crafter
    ISFJ - The Protector
    ISFP - The Artist
    INFJ - The Advocate
    INFP - The Mediator
    INTJ - The Architect
    INTP - The Thinker
    ESTP - The Persuader
    ESTJ - The Director
    ESFP - The Performer
    ESFJ - The Caregiver
    ENFP - The Champion
    ENFJ - The Giver
    ENTP - The Debater
    ENTJ - The Commander

I’m guessing it will be Cattell’s, because it’s a bit more straightforward to implement, in my opinion. But I like MB better.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So what are the lifestyles supposed to do exactly? How will they enhance our gameplay?
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member

It was a thread started in 2017 that discussed this. Maybe someone at Maxis might have read it. I've never heard of it before it was mentioned above!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/912144/mbti-myers-briggs-jungian-personality-types-for-your-sims-d
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Ooh I haven’t actually thought of it like that. If it is that then I don’t know. This is the one aspect of the pack I have the least interest in and don’t really know what it fully means as I never paid attention to these aspects of the game in the past versions
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

It was a thread started in 2017 that discussed this. Maybe someone at Maxis might have read it. I've never heard of it before it was mentioned above!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/912144/mbti-myers-briggs-jungian-personality-types-for-your-sims-d

Interesting thread thanks for sharing
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    Ahhh, now that I know that the Myers-Briggs system has been discussed previously, I'm changing my prediction to MB. :)
    I'm curious about the Intuitive-Sensing factor though. That's very internal. How is that implemented in Slice of Life? Does it just become outdoorsy vs. indoorsy or something? Clumsy vs. Active? Bookworm vs. Brave?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So what are the lifestyles supposed to do exactly? How will they enhance our gameplay?

They're going to dictate which annoying anonymous interaction your sim is going to keep cancelling their queue to do over and over again until you dunk them in the shark pond.

Anything better than that I'm considering a pleasant surprise.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

They're going to dictate which annoying anonymous interaction your sim is going to keep cancelling their queue to do over and over again until you dunk them in the shark pond.

Anything better than that I'm considering a pleasant surprise.

😂
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    @SimmerGeorge it looks like you were right.

ODORugC.png
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Ok, so basically four hidden traits are something like no media/media addicted and family/open relation type. And four more can't be seen. But since in quiz there were "Workaholic" and "Frequent Traveler" I can assume the last two pairs are around these two. Not that much, I was expected something more interesting. But I still wonder how they'll influence my sim. If this will just result in series of tense/whatever positive emotion moodlets then I guess they'll never learn. At least not in the span of Sims4.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    This is like the get famous quirk system which is a bit dissappointing but sentiments weren't explained yet. So I have hope for that I guess.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

ODORugC.png

Where do you take this from? 😲
    telmarina wrote: »

ODORugC.png

Where do you take this from? 😲

gameplay trailer on youtube sis
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Also on a second note I wonder how many of them can a sim have? (hope not only one) And can it be gradually changed to the opposite. Like a sim who's a People Person when he's young and gradually changing to Close-knit with age... Or from bad food habits to healthy eating. That could bee interesting.