Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Positive Thoughts Thread 🏔️❄️⛷️🏂🎿

Comments

• ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Can’t wait until Tuesday when the new gameplay trailer will be out (hopefully!!) then only three days after that will be the livestream!

Didn't know we might get a gameplay trailer Tuesday.
    He/Him
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Thank you @simgirl1010

Anything not seen before not matter how small is a bonus :)
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited October 2020
    Looks like a nice outdoor fireplace! I wonder if elements of that zen garden introduce additional (zen inspired?) game play, or if these objects are sculptures only...
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Is it just me, or does it appear that we MIGHT be getting a pond tool?
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited October 2020
    looks like we're gong to have options to keep them doors open or close.

y'all got bread?
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited October 2020
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

it just looks like the ones people build with the fountain tool to me! and the rocks are definitely the base-game ones.
    y'all got bread?

it just looks like the ones people build with the fountain tool to me! and the rocks are definitely the base-game ones.

But the shape is rounded and if you can pause it properly, you see the far, right corner(?) of that pond starts as a round pond and grows into that shape with no corners.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member

Those circles in the sand make me wonder if we are getting a proper stone garden and will be able to rake the pebbles.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

But the shape is rounded and if you can pause it properly, you see the far, right corner(?) of that pond starts as a round pond and grows into that shape with no corners.

The corners are hidden under the rocks, you just place them to give the illusion of rounded. I hope you are right, but that looks like ponds people already make.
    CelSims wrote: »

The corners are hidden under the rocks, you just place them to give the illusion of rounded. I hope you are right, but that looks like ponds people already make.

There appears to be no corners, but I could be wrong.

50534022226_42648c3e71_b.jpg
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    A pond tool would be awesome!
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited October 2020

There appears to be no corners, but I could be wrong.

50534022226_42648c3e71_b.jpg

I don't think that's a buildable pond simply because the rock border pattern is not repetitive. Pool borders are like fences, each segment is a tile, so rock borders would need to have a repetitive look to them every one or two tiles. Also, it's possible to build round pools with the rounded corner pool segment.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    As much I want the pond tool back I’m sceptical about it and don’t think we will ever have it in the sims 4 :'(
    We'll see Friday.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    We have been "tricked" into thinking a pond tool was finally here in past trailers so I wouldn't hold my breath that we are getting a pond tool this time!
    edited October 2020
    I'd love if they were updated to put fish in though. Or sharks.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I'll definitely be pre-ordering this pack! :smiley:

My main concern was addressed and I'm relieved that you can pick and choose whether you want to live there or just go on a vacation. Phew!
    I wish they would update Sulani like that, so we can use it as formal vacations too.

Maybe we'll be able to change lots from residential to rental -- so not only vacation in the new world or in Sulani, but other worlds as well. You could have a house for rent in Brindleton Bay or Windenburg, or maybe a penthouse rental in San Myshuno.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

They did say we can add koi fish to the "ponds". Not sure if the "ponds" are actual ponds, fountains, or pool. Or maybe the fixed size pools from debug.
    crocobaura wrote: »

They did say we can add koi fish to the "ponds". Not sure if the "ponds" are actual ponds, fountains, or pool. Or maybe the fixed size pools from debug.

The quote says "Add koi to your decorative fountains........". It says nothing about ponds. Now, whether it's fountain objects or fountains that we can build is an altogether different question.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

Are you hoping for a bit of danger in a serene setting?

First there's @LiELF talking about sims being boiled alive in the hot springs, now they're getting bitten in half when fishing for koi 😆
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

I don't know about sharks but I thought I read somewhere you could add koi fish.
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

First there's @LiELF talking about sims being boiled alive in the hot springs, now they're getting bitten in half when fishing for koi 😆

My sims always have sharks in Luminarys water garden :smiley: That they autonomously risk death to go mess with it fills me with joy.
    Sharks in a pond? Lol.

Get Famous came with the Luminary's Exotic Water Garden, a pond object that you could place on your lot and stock with Koi, Sprites, Piranha or sharks. Your sim can watch them, play with them, feed them or jump in and swim with them. But, when standing on the side, there is a possibility that your sim could fall in and be eaten. I love that pond almost as much as I love my sims woohooing in the walk-in money vault.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @AncientMuse ... Yes, and it is awesome.

I like James' intro. I can't wait to hear what secrets he has to share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykkvrGc80kg

Yup, I can't wait to find out which game changers built which lots in the new pack. I love that EA is getting outside help with their builds so we no longer have to spend endless hours fixing all the ugly houses they give us in every pack. Thank you game changers for saving us from EA's horrible houses and nasty NPC's! :D

I just hope I won't have to spend hours undoing all of the game changers work because the houses are broken due to MOO. ;)

It's possible that the GCers that worked on the builds were instructed to not use MOO (maybe they were allowed to do so for landscaping since Sims don't interact with that). They also may have had a really early build with just the world and the new B/B items along with BG, which would explain why Deligracy said she hadn't explored gameplay at all; that may have still been in the design/programming process.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top