Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mayor Whiskers not eating the whole bowl?

So I wanted to try out a cat and I brought into the world from the unplayed sims section, Mayor Whiskers. His traits are friendly, talkative and aloof. The only issue so far is that he doesn't seem to eat everything in his bowl. Idk if this has something to do with his traits or is this a current bug from a patch? Cause I remember when I had a dog, they always ate everything!

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Hmm, I don't think cats eat everything. Not sure if all dogs do either. I haven't paid much attention.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    My Sims use the large feeder bowl for their cats, and they don't eat it all at once, unless they have the glutton trait. I'm not sure about the smaller bowls.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Even my glutton kitty doesn't eat the whole bowl, he just goes back more.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    In RL cats are known to graze. By that I mean, they don't always clean the bowl in one sitting. It is said one should leave a bowl of (dry) food down at all times for a cat. Dogs, on the other hand, tend to scarf down their food as if they haven't eaten in a year. I know this to be true of Beagles, anyway.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I found lately that when you use the feeder the food goes bad in it. I have not had this happen before, so it must be another one of the 1000's of bugs introduced into the game with a patch.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited October 2020
    Cat's don't generally eat their food in one setting unless they have the glutton and lazy traits or also the frisky trait because they tend to burn up their energy. IRL my cat doesn't eat all of his dry food from his gravity feeder or his canned food.
    I found lately that when you use the feeder the food goes bad in it. I have not had this happen before, so it must be another one of the 1000's of bugs introduced into the game with a patch.

That's weird I've never seen the food go bad in the automatic feeder's container have seen it go bad in the bowls only.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    Cat's don't generally eat their food in one setting unless they have the glutton and lazy traits or also the frisky trait because they tend to burn up their energy. IRL my cat doesn't eat all of his dry food from his gravity feeder or his canned food.

That's weird I've never seen the food go bad in the automatic feeder's container have seen it go bad in the bowls only.

That's what I meant - the bowl attached to the feeder - never happen until the latest patches.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    BMSO wrote: »

That's what I meant - the bowl attached to the feeder - never happen until the latest patches.

Gotcha. Now that you mention it, I've only seen that happen a few times but it only happens with the eco traits on the lot for me like off the grid and up cycle.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios