Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play with your own builds?

As the title says, do you play with your own houses or with ones made by others?

Do you play with your own builds? 161 votes

I play with my own builds
44%
crocobauraauroraael14CK213alexspoom13lisamwittCamkatTheSpotted_CmcruddBloosmooasimbsimMeteoraStormhaneulszajkaJestTrudrake_mccartyCinebaralanmichael1MindofyAncientMuseMissyHissy 72 votes
I play with other peoples builds
8%
Goth583Isb917simgirl1010freindlylolbluelightingBatmanFanGirlEnkiSchmidtHolidayEdithVSharoniarottmeisterDuvelinaehud8651 13 votes
50/50 (I take other peoples builds and make them my own)
27%
bshag4lvGoldmoldarKita5399shokoroseSusanaLeotebabajaynecchant86AquariusMomtaydevRamblineRosePlumbobCrossingstephanie132392BabykittyjadeblueyblueskyKniga_SitaraBlueSeaWavesHarukotyanbixterskristenleighwhiteSelinaKyles 45 votes
Other..
19%
GalacticGalCabelle1863SikoahGraceKorglyelanorbretonPipersfun2Wyrrensmurf45blueFlexono1fallenangel66ChampandGirlieMissmagoo2AnnLee87CAPTAIN_NXR7texxx78BMSOKathykinsj1z1OEII1001HopeyStarr 31 votes

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other..
    I mostly play with premade homes and tweak them according to the household needs as the game evolves. I used to play with a lot of other people's creations but i'm playing offline now (no access to internet).
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I usually take other peoples builds and make them my own, other people are waaay more creative with exteriors and floorplans than me and then I can just decorate the inside however I want
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Other..
    90% - my own.
    10% - gallery.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited October 2020
    Oops. Should have read all the options before voting. It's 50/50 for me. I've never built anything in Sims 4. I love downloading all my lots then tweaking them. Sometimes I'll just make a few changes but sometimes I'll delete the interior and do it completely over. I just draw a blank when faced with an empty lot but starting with a shell isn't too bad.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Most of the time anyway. It's rare that I do not find what I need or at least something that I can convert to my needs.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I play with my own builds for my sims' houses, but will use others' for community lots or houses I don't play in.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    If I'm going to actually play instead of just build, I usually use one of my own builds. My Sims that aren't in one of my builds are in one of the game's default houses.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Sometimes I'll play with my own builds but mostly I'll edit others
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Other..
    I build my own things ( they are basic and functional, lol) gathering inspiration from various sources like old Sears and Roebuck home catalogs and the like.

But then I also play with others builds, either using it completely or tweaking it for my purposes.

So, I am 50/50 but with a twist.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I don't build. I download them from the gallery and edit them to my liking.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited October 2020
    i tend to build a lot and i either pick something i built before or i already have idea for house or then i have my sims living in tents and ea builds and whatever until i have ideas

just idk I don't use gallery much cause there is so much builds and i get lost scrolling on and on for the perfect match so id rather use that time to build the perfect match
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Other..
    95% is my crazy builds.
    5% I will upgrade Mavis builds.
  • Options
    ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    I was hesitant for a while to do any modifications, but my Sims started filling up and outgrowing their houses without being able to afford to move into better neighborhoods. Any changes to buildings are still driven by the needs and wishes of the Sims who live there, and I haven't touched community or commercial buildings or lots. Yet.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I tend to build about half the houses I play in, but the rest of the time I download and completely edit gallery builds. About the only time I don't edit a gallery build is for community lots.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Other..
    I'm one of the rare people that actually like the maxis house layouts, but I renovate them to my liking. It's hard to find builds on the gallery because of the MOO situation. I am horrible at building homes even with layouts.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Other..
    I'm other for this one. I tend to play with the lots that come with the game though I renovate whenever I want. I've done some building and some downloading. For downloading, I usually edit the lots and I tend to decide if a lot is going to stay in the game. I've taken some out that weren't good fits for my playstyle or that had routing issues.

I've done some building and more recently, I have moved more toward that. When I download, it is usually for complex lots with elaborate architectural features but my own builds are generally great and I tend to like lots better when I custom-build. It just depends.

I've downloaded a few amazing builds that are staying in my game but now, that's really only if I don't want to build myself. I'm trying to encourage myself to build more again.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I build my own lots with the purpose of playing in them, and I don’t upload them, they are meant only for my world. Some of the Maxis premade lots can be remodeled and used, and some I have downloaded from the gallery.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Other..
    Sometimes my own, sometimes from the gallery (but always tweaked, if so).
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I play with my own builds. I build with no moo or cc. I found live edit objects for plants and trees you can build really well without the moo and make it look real well without gaps almost like moo but without moo. I also have started adding cute scenery of some of the live edit shells of buildings. And most live edit items are free so my builds are low costing and I can usually start the game with more money for my new sims when I play and they have an appealing home and yard.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Other..
    I alternate between my own builds and pre-existing ones that shipped with the game. I never use gallery for anything
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    My 'builds' are highly functional and desperately ugly boxes. I used to try, but that was when I was in middle/high school and had time. Now I have to make priorities, and that for me is creating pixelated draaaaaaaama. I usually just use a Maxis house unfurnished...I don't like a lot of clutter and I have specific toilets and such I prefer.

(Is it weird to have a toilet preference? :D )
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Nope, the gallery is my best friend. I started off with a save file, but have gradually modified it with lots from the gallery that fit the narrative of what I’m looking for. There are some really talented people out there and I’m grateful because I cannot build to save myself.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Other..
    I mostly use my own builds/edits to EA builds, but if I need one quickly, or it's somewhere that's a pain to see/work in (like the Magic Realm) then I'll be thankful for the builders who've already made things and grab one of those.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited October 2020
    Other..
    I had to select "Other" because it's not exactly 50/50 for me. I generally build houses for my Sims and of course, I play them. Every now and again, (mostly when I'm in a hurry) I'll scan through the Gallery for a suitable house. Or a venue I need.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I mostly just download other people’s builds if it’s a style I’m not interested in trying to replicate like Oasis Springs, or if I’m lazy and replacing a really annoying maxis build like the giant empty Strangerville houses that I’m not actually going to ever use myself.

I’m extremely bad at floor planning, so I just copy ones from houseplan sites.