Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who Wants Auto Roofing Back?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I think auto-roofing should be an option for sure, but I personally always had it turned off because it always placed the same style of roof, and they weren't nice looking.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    edited October 2020
    No thanks. I love the way I can finally build with Sims 4 to Sims 3.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Not me as I always hated how auto roofing worked. I love creating interesting roofing that would be impossible with auto
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I would build more with auto-roofing. I do miss that feature. I appreciate the roofing tips in this thread, but yes, I find it stressful.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Depends on house form whether I suse it, but a definite yes. As usual, TS2 does it right with the option to either auto roof with several types available or to go DIY with roof types. Also much prefer their provision of a specific angle. Way too much guesswork in TS4, especially where there are intersecting roofs.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I want it back! <3
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Lotus26Lotus26 Posts: 23 Member
    I do. Roofs are my least favorite part of building. Glad I'm not alone.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Auto-roofing never came out well for me. TS4 roofs are very flexible and, with patience and practice, I can generally get the effect I am looking for.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I don't think I'd use it, although when I first switched to TS4 it took some getting used to not having it.

I do think they should include it though, a lot of people would find this useful, just let us toggle it on/off.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes please
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Roofs are very annoying to build, I agree, BUT I think that taking some time to figure out how to build one is better than allowing CPU to do it for player. The results may get even messier. I agree that to have the OPTION is good, but I am not sure it is good idea overall.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.