Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is This Sims 1 ??

This is on disk:

Is this TS1 ?

The Sims: Complete Collection - PC

Platform : Windows XP|Rated: Teen

The phenomenon that started it all! Completely build and customize your Sims' homes, decide their career paths and romances, and choose from hundreds of items to keep them happy. Their lives are in your hands.
Livin' Large gives your Sims the wild life! A wider range of objects and styles allows even the most timid Sim to cut loose and live it up.
House Party lets you throw the ultimate theme party. Engage in new group activities, and rock the house with different music and dance styles.
Vacation you'll choose whether your Sims will spend the weekend at a beach resort, rough it in the woods, or chill out in a winter wonderland.
Hot Date takes you from candlelit romance to cuddling on the couch. Let your Sims enjoy downtown delights as their relationships heat up.

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Seems like it, you'll have to check it out to find out for sure, but yeah that's Sims 1.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    If you could post a pic of the cover, that would be great. But yeah, I believe the complete pack was called "Complete Collection". I had it. I believe it was like a maroonish red cover, if I recall correctly.

And those EP names are right.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Those are definitely the names of the Sims 1 expansion packs, yeah. Comes on multiple red disks, I think. If you've never played, be ye warned: compared to the games after it, the difficulty with keeping motives and grinding skills is brutal.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes, that is Sims 1. It was awesome for it's time and I loved it. You will find it is very different from Sims 4, while still being mostly the same. Keeping the social need up in Sims 1 and 2 was always hard for me. Also, if you like to build, Sims 4 is much easier to work with. And Sims 4 is prettier, imo.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    After doing a little more research - yes what I found is TS1, but I also discovered it may not run on Windows 10. I hope I kept one of my old laptops that has never been upgraded.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    okay but why is there no mention of makin' magic - the most important pack :cry:

how dare they cut there
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    Yes, this is The Sims 1 with all packs included. If you have Windows 10 most probably you will have problems with the game. Search on YouTube for tutorials to make it run on Windows 10, in case you will have difficulties.

You will have a lot of fun with it, I guarantee. Keeping the needs up might be frustrating, but the gameplay is generally fun. I can play this game for hours without getting bored.

Happy Simming! 😇💙
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @catmando830

Yes I have this complete version of S1 on an old laptop that no longer has any viability to connect to the interest and uses vista lol It plays fine and every now and again I drag that laptop out just to have some fun with this series. :)

Like other players have already indicated if you give it a try i am sure you will have so much fun :)

Honestly so little time so many sims games I love to play :)
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    When you install it, I would run it as Administrator in compatibility mode and choose Windows XP, that might help with any issues. That's how I run my TS2 game
    Hi @Chicklet453681

The complete collection is series 1 :)
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I know it is, but what I was referring to was that's how I installed TS2, so it may work for him to install his TS1 in the same way. I don't have TS1 any more so I have never tried to install it on a Windows 10 machine. Maybe it doesn't work.
    edited October 2020
    Apologies @Chicklet453681

I din't read the whole thing properly (clearly) :s
    Simmingal wrote: »
    okay but why is there no mention of makin' magic - the most important pack :cry:

how dare they cut there

Yaaaaassss, Makin' Magic is the shizz! My second fav after Superstar.
    832XG3D.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes it is the Sims 1 and all its expansion packs together, enjoy.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Hi @DeKay

I own and play the complete collection of the sims which I believe is the same pack we are discussing here and after just looking at the box "makin magic" is included and while i already knew it was because I have played it i thought I better check the box to be sure :)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi DeKay

I own and play the complete collection of the sims which I believe is the same pack we are discussing here and after just looking at the box "makin magic" is included and while i already knew it was because I have played it i thought I better check the box to be sure :)

Yeah, I know. :sweat_smile: The reason why I played Makin' Magic was cuz of the Complete Collection. :)
    832XG3D.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited October 2020
    Those are definitely the names of the Sims 1 expansion packs, yeah. Comes on multiple red disks, I think. If you've never played, be ye warned: compared to the games after it, the difficulty with keeping motives and grinding skills is brutal.

I agree. So here's my advice. For your first family, start with only one sim. If you can manage keeping them up, you may add the second sim and so on.
    Bookcase is a must as your sim can learn cooking from it. For some reason, sims cannot learn culinary skill by cooking. They can only learn it from books. Sims with no cooking skill constantly set their house on fire.
    And remember, there are no weekdays in The Sims 1, meaning sims go to work and school every single day. If your sim misses two work days straight, they'll get fired (for some reason, bad performance won't). Children can improve their school grade by studying from books or computer or using a telescope.

And if you ever have a bad time and want a pick-up, go to Old Town and find Miss Lucille (a lot you can find her on is Gothic Quarter). Ask for her palm reading and she may get your sims' needs filled up to the max. I use it often as it is easy to get off the routine. And if you get off the routine, it will be hard to make sims happy.

And if you manage to make a family successful and happy by normal play, you've truly earned respect as it is really difficult to do it.
    Hi @DeKay

apologies I thought you were thinking that makin magic did not come with this pack..

@EgonVM

I went from 3 to 2 then1and when I loaded 1 and started playing it felt so hard so I will obviously not win your respect when i confess to adding a couple of mods almost immediately where needs were concerned.. The other thing I remember clearly was too many stray dogs arriving on the home lot so i found a sign that I stuck in the garden that stopped them and a dog walked up to the sign as if reading it then turned to look directly into the camera and shook it's head before wandering of haha I will never forget that it was so funny at the time :)

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited October 2020
    You can get it to work on Windows 10 but there's some trickery you need to do in order to get it to work. If I remember correctly ,compatibility setting isn't enough. Google how to get it to work on Windows 10.

As someone already pointed out , S1 motives are much harder to keep up with... so just a heads up.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    You can get it to work on Windows 10 but there's some trickery you need to do in order to get it to work. If I remember correctly ,compatibility setting isn't enough. Google how to get it to work on Windows 10.

As someone already pointed out , S1 motives are much harder to keep up with... so just a heads up.
    This is true and important, I have it working on windows 10, but it took a few steps. I believe there is a YouTube video that shows how, it wasn’t hard to do. The only minor issue I was left with was that it doesn’t fit my larger screen, so I had to mess with the resolution a bit too.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @DeKay

apologies I thought you were thinking that makin magic did not come with this pack..

@EgonVM

I went from 3 to 2 then1and when I loaded 1 and started playing it felt so hard so I will obviously not win your respect when i confess to adding a couple of mods almost immediately where needs were concerned.. The other thing I remember clearly was too many stray dogs arriving on the home lot so i found a sign that I stuck in the garden that stopped them and a dog walked up to the sign as if reading it then turned to look directly into the camera and shook it's head before wandering of haha I will never forget that it was so funny at the time :)

Don't worry about winning my respects. It's not a shame to admit using mods to make gameplay easier. What matters after all is that you are having fun. So enjoy the game and have fun!
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    If you could post a pic of the cover, that would be great. But yeah, I believe the complete pack was called "Complete Collection". I had it. I believe it was like a maroonish red cover, if I recall correctly.

My Complete Collection is yellow, I think it depends on region?
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
    DeKay wrote: »

My Complete Collection is yellow, I think it depends on region?

I think it does.

After all, there's The Sims: Complete Collection where the player has to install the base game with all of the expansion packs, and there's The Complete Collection of The Sims (that's yellow) where the package has all different disks for each expansion pack (Livin' Large and base game still come together), allowing players to choose what expansions they want to have.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yes that is Sims 1 I have the indivdual discs and the collection on an span of discs, my cover was in red.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited October 2020
    @EgonVM

Oh I do enjoy it despite it's age it's so funny but as I play series 1-4 it's difficult finding the time for every series so I play whichever one I feel like on the day :)

my complete collection box is yellow and I bought it in the UK..