Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Snowy Escape EP?

Comments

• mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    edited October 2020
    Definitely not buying
    The idea is good, but as usually happens with TS4 I'm sure the execution will be awful.

First this should have come included in Seasons. I'm really tired of EA dividing small aspects of the same idea into different packs. We used to get much more for less in the TS3.

Second. I have to wait to see the features of the pack, but I'm pretty sure that most of the activities of this pack are just playable in this world. Again, I'm tired of these world-dependent activities. I don't want to be tied to a specific world to do things. If worlds have weather, these activities should be played in all of them... but we'll see.

Third. The world seems small. I'm also tired of small worlds where you just go, do the actions of the world and leave. I couldn't live in a world with just 5 lots (for residential and commercial lots) (it seems the part at the bottom of the image is the residential area). We'll see.

Fourth. The previous expansion pack ruined my game and it worked again thanks to mods that applied some workarounds (not a fix) for all the mess of the eco-footprint. The main bugs of the previous EP HAVEN'T BEEN FIXED yet. So, I will not spend more money until the fix the game that I already paid for.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Of the potential EP topics, Winter pack was my #2 (after Farming pack).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It looks pretty good
    mcorral wrote: »
    The idea is good, but as usually happens with TS4 I'm sure the execution will be awful.

First this should have come included in Seasons. I'm really tired of EA dividing small aspects of the same idea into different packs. We used to get much more for less in the TS3.

Second. I have to wait to see the features of the pack, but I'm pretty sure that most of the activities of this pack are just playable in this world. Again, I'm tired of these world-dependent activities. I don't want to be tied to a specific world to do things. If worlds have weather, these activities should be played in all of them... but we'll see.

Third. The world seems small. I'm also tired of small worlds where you just go, do the actions of the world and leave. I couldn't live in a world with just 5 lots (for residential and commercial lots) (it seems the part at the bottom of the image is the residential area). We'll see.

Fourth. The previous expansion pack ruined my game and it worked again thanks to mods that applied some workarounds (not a fix) for all the mess of the eco-footprint. The main bugs of the previous EP HAVEN'T BEEN FIXED yet. So, I will not spend more money until the fix the game that I already paid for.

Seasons was divided into four sections for the four seasons. There is absolutely no way that this entire pack could fit in that quarter of one EP. There were many things players wanted in the Winter part of Seasons and now we can have it in Snowy Escape.

This world is as big as any EP world we've gotten. Three neighborhoods and 14 lots with a mountain top to play on with levels of skiing and snowboarding runs, not just one each, but two and you have to skill up in order to get to the harder runs. Not to mention the walking trails that change with every visit. And do we now have injuries that can affect our sims according to one blog?

Should have come in the Seasons pack, please.
  • smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I really loking forwards to having this pack in my game going to bring so much more to have for my sims to do out side and lots to learn and meet other in the world thanks sims what made this for us to injoy
  • MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    It is gonna be amazing, I can feel it! ☃️💙
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    I'm definitely intrigued by what I've seen so far. But I need more info before I make a final decision. I especially want to see what it will break before I try it in my game. I'll wait until player reviews come out, then buy if it's on sale.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    musteni wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »
    On the Snowy Escape quiz on the EA website, one of the questions is “How long are you staying here for?” and the options include “Just long enough”, “I live here now” and “Forever and ever”. Does this mean that we’ll be able to both live and go on holiday in the new world??

It looks like it, because we can buy a holiday home there. Since it's a new lot type, maybe we can buy a second home anywhere.

Where did you read about the holiday home? I thought I read everything and I only know of residential and rental lots being in the same world.

You know, I might be wrong. I thought this was officially confirmed but now I don't remember where I saw it. But if it's truly a new lot type, then it has to be different than what we can already do, i.e. buying a home/renting a vacation lot.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @IceyJ

I am not certain of all the relevant info but it has apparently been confirmed that this world is a mix of vacation and home world lots so our sims can live in the world or just visit. What I am not certain about is if this functionality is going to extend to the other vacation worlds (which i would love-) I think we are still waiting for a definite answer on that unless anyone has any further info?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Besides all the Japanese stuff that I don't care about at all well koi are nice hopefully they're more detailed than the fish in the tanks the pack looks pretty good. I love that skiing snowboarding and sledding are not locked to a object and that mountain climbing is actually a thing I requested it so many times not expecting to ever see it the only real downfall of this pack and its a big one is no hotel/lodge but instead we get rentals which are ok but truly don't offer the sandbox playability hotels would. Now without knowing exactly how or if the personality system works its truly hard for me to rate this pack.

At this point I'm at "it looks pretty good" and "I’ll buy it in a sale if I buy it" but it all depends on the main thing that will get me playing Sims with personality.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Okay / I’m not really bothered
    I will be waiting for reviews before deciding anything about it, but honestly - my reaction was of extreme boredom. Not excited, but so far don't see any reasons to hate it. I am more concerned about how much everything gets broken.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Definitely not buying
    This one isn't for me. But it's for a lot of other players so that's cool

(badum tsss)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    I will be buying it in a sale, but that's because I'm broke, not because I'm not interested :D

I love skiing, I've always wanted to snowboard, I love traditional Japanese culture, and as an added bonus (for me, since I was already planning on getting the pack. Not for a lot of other people) there are personality improvements!!!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    It's about time. I'm so happy to get time game 😀
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    The hype trailer looked good but it takes much more than an hype trailer to get me to think highly of it. The only thing I did like was the Oriental CC but it is not enough to give me peps. Yes, I am skeptical for an reason about anything EA/Maxis promotes as past history or precedence speaks for me and what I go by and they want me to buy their product so if you want me to buy your product it must have what it takes to get it Imo.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    It looks pretty good
    It looks pretty good so far. I don't think its a must buy for me yet as I want to know more about it first, but it looks like a fun pack.

I might delay in getting it this time. AC Valhalla will be first on my playing list before I get back to The Sims. :blush:
    giphy.gif
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    I'm still waiting for more supernatural lifestate aspects, so if any of those (somehow) pop up, then I will definitely be buying it.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I have to admit that the gameplay looks good and it gets released on my birthday so while I'd like to buy it as a gift to myself, I am going to wait a bit. The biggest difference with this expansion is that they reached out to game-changers to help with the game, though we don't know the full extent of their input. I'm cautiously-optomistic that this expansion will be really good.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Goth583 wrote: »
    I have to admit that the gameplay looks good and it gets released on my birthday so while I'd like to buy it as a gift to myself, I am going to wait a bit. The biggest difference with this expansion is that they reached out to game-changers to help with the game, though we don't know the full extent of their input. I'm cautiously-optomistic that this expansion will be really good.

I plan on buying it as a FESTIVUS present to myself.

I don't know what or how much the GCer's contributed to this pack, but it was fun watching their reactions to the trailer as if they had no idea what the theme was. Lilsimsie was my favorite, pretending as if she had no clue that it was a winter pack with winter sports despite the fact that she leaked a screen shot of the new map.
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020
    I can’t wait!!
    The trailer got me hyped for the pack and I can't wait to incorporate winter sports into my gameplay. However I was disappointed to learn that there will be no hotels. The main features in the blog post also were a bit of a letdown for me because they didn't mention anything new aside from the promising Lifestyles & Sentiments system. I really hope there are some details in the pack that we don't know about yet that will expand the game and really make it EP-worthy!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I can’t wait!!
    looking forward to it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited October 2020
    It looks pretty good
    fullspiral wrote: »
    To be honest, it actually looks quite good. Of course, I am most interested in the personality feature. So I'll wait for more details on how that works. I truly hope it's something that will get me back in the game.

My feelings exactly. I haven't played in over a year and am hoping the personalities give the Sims more ....uniqueness. I am tired of every single sim wanting to research vampires or wanting a pool or that bee thing. It just gets old when there is no depth. So, I am in wait and see mode. I may wait for a sale or hope I win the giveaway.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    All I have is a paragraph saying there will be lifestyles and Sentiments.
    That's what matters most to me, so I can't say much until I know how the features work.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    I'll almost definitely be getting this - eventually. But I'd rather wait until its inevitable bugs and other problems have been sorted out, and we know more about how the Lifestyles/Sentiments affect personality. By the time all that's done, it'll probably be on a sale of some kind anyway.
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    It looks pretty good
    The world looks great! I hope they do a good job on personalities that remedies the flaws of the base game.
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    It's too niche for me. I thought expansions were supposed to change how you play the game, like the core, but this seems to be a very specific vacation expansion. Not all of my sims will need/ use this. I'll probably be bored and explored all there is within the hour of getting it.

Like really, I'm not interested in the slightest, if anything the lifestyle thing, which appear to be the only core element in the pack I could see impacting all sims (depending on how it's made), but I'm not getting an expansion pack for only that.

Haven't been interested in the expansions at all lately, which is surprising to me, but they just seem too niche, not much content or gameplay. I got Star Wars at 50% off and even though there are things I wish they changed the game pack is giving me more gameplay than most other additions to the game combined (with the exception of GTW).

Anyway, glad others love it, now the demand for a winter vacation pack can calm down at least XD
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack