Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your thoughts on the complaining?

Comments

• Options
    KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Krueger wrote: »
    Guys, I'm about to drop a bomb on you. The Sims series has always had a problem of being really expensive when you add up all of the DLC. It has always had a problem of being incredibly glitchy and increasing broken with each pack.

This especially. When Sims 4 came out and people were talking about how much faster than Sims 3 it was, they seemed to forget that there was a whole lot of Sims 3 to load for most people, not just a base game. But there are a lot of people new to the Sims franchise and they don't know that. Before I got my new computer, Sims 4 was taking minutes to load between screens whenever my Sims wanted to go somewhere. Every single time. I had downloaded a mod for Sims 3 that fixed some of the bloating issues and it took minutes to load once, at the beginning of the game. Then I was left with potato-face Sims with one body type whose clothing is restricted by gender, but details.

There are always going to be issues. I understand that. And we're still allowed to complain.

#complainingisfun #constructivecriticismisbest
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    @Krueger the AI on sims 4 is terrible. i'm not blaming, i'm aware ts4 had its engine limited due to the scrapped online idea and bla bla. no game is perfect but with time & technology games are meant to upgrade & improve their features.

Just in case my original post was a little too ranty and came off, admittedly, a little angry; I'm fine with complaints, and yes, games should improve with time. My issue is more people suggesting or even outright saying that problems that have been with the franchise since at least 2 only popped up when 4 was released. By all means, let your opinion be known, just don't rewrite the history of the franchise and it's issues.

Also, because I want to be clear, you guys seem cool, and I don't want passions ignited, absolutely not saying you guys do that. Just something I see a lot of on here.
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    I cant believe this thread hasn't been closed yet when it's only designed to instigate fighting

I had no intent of instigating fighting, or making a massive thread of it. I was just voicing my opinion on all the gosh darn negativity on this forum. I kind of want to shut this thread down as well...

this kind of threads always ends up on an endless conversation of agree to disagree

I had no idea. Welp, can't turn back now.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Why do complaints bother you? It’s not like you made the game so are personally insulted by the (quite often) fair critique. Don’t take it personal. Like what you like. Let’s others like or dislike what they like. As long as people are respectful they shouldn’t be silenced because some people don’t like anything that isn’t positive.

Some people tend to forget that this post belongs to EA/Maxis and all they want to hear is good posts even if some players have negative feedback. Myself I do not go into an positive thread and post negative posts and threads like this are open game as it presents positive and negative posts.

I don’t go near positive threads. I do see some persistently go into critical threads and argue.

Threads like this are fine, I just don’t understand the “Someone complained about the game, I must rush to defend the devs honour/it’s really ruined my gameplay” mindset.

Yes indeed
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm ok with complaints. I am not ok with rioting and personal threats. My respect towards posts go right out the window whenever says to fire Maxis employees and that the Sims should remain a game only for them and that everyone should be just like them. That is the basic difference between being negative and just pure toxic. I get tired that people try to mix the two because it drags down people who actually have good constructive criticism down and makes Gurus not want to listen to those threads because of a few trolls even ruin the negative threads with toxicity of personal threats towards the Gurus and Simmers. Just wastes time for packs actually improving which maybe might be the intent for some to do. People should feel free to have an adult discussion. Anyway this video that a streamer plays when pure toxic people enter her channel sums it up. It has been interesting some do treat and play better with their Sims than they do people, so Sims is more real to them than reality I guess *shrugs*.:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R40Os2-W9pM
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I don't have a problem with negative threads because I don't even open them if I disagree with the topic. The only problem I have is when sometimes a person is so upset about something that they open several negative threads about the same exact thing on general discussion. I wish that we could ignore threads as well as people.
    I'm an avid user of ignore button and if there wasn't an option to do so I would never even come to this forum, I don't want to spend my free time dwelling in misery. One of the reasons I joined this forum after just lurking in here now and then was being able to use the ignore button.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Lol, what really bothers me is when people complain about complaining about complaining.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with negative threads because I don't even open them if I disagree with the topic. The only problem I have is when sometimes a person is so upset about something that they open several negative threads about the same exact thing on general discussion. I wish that we could ignore threads as well as people.
    I'm an avid user of ignore button and if there wasn't an option to do so I would never even come to this forum, I don't want to spend my free time dwelling in misery. One of the reasons I joined this forum after just lurking in here now and then was being able to use the ignore button.

I agree! An ignore feature for entire threads would be nice. Then everyone could declutter the forums to suit their own whims.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I'm not against complaining threads, I'm more annoyed from the amount of it, when every user believes that they deserves their own threads with the same topic, instead of using one of the already existing threads. When I look into a forum and see 15 - 20 complaining threads in a row, I will leave this part immediately without ever read one of these threads. On the other side, if there are just a handful of it, I will read them all.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

I also feel like there's a certain section of the community who think other players don't matter and everything should be for their play style - how dare somebody else get a pack they like instead of you! It's like to some people it doesn't matter what anyone else wants because they want farming and their opinion is more important for some reason. I don't mean this as a personal attack to those who want farming as it really isn't everyone and this is only a small portion of players who are like this but I've seen that kind of thing going round a lot and I really don't like that section of the community. It's kind of an attitude of "Why are they wasting time working on stuff for this side of the community when I want ----" yknow. Idk. I like that they add variety of content and not everything is gonna be for everyone and that's a good thing in my eyes.

Ive noticed that this attitude tends to pop up particularly when occult play gets focused or even has a slight existence. Ive noticed some realism players treat it as though war was declared on them! At times like that, I wonder if an occult went and set fire to their house if they're taking it so personally.

Exactly. It especially annoys me how many realism players I see insisting on buying vampires and then making tons of threads whining about how there's vampires in their game. Even worse how they toned down spellcasters and made them nonexistant in the main worlds to keep the realism players who insist on buying the packs and then complaining happy. I get frustrated seeing certain realism youtubers who feel the need to trash on occults all the time for absolutely no reason, like they make packs for different play styles you aren't gonna like everything. You can play happy families with parenthood while other people can enjoy the occults, simple, everyones happy.

This is why I didn't buy packs like Parenthood, Kids Room Stuff, Toddler Stuff, and Laundry Day. I'm not into super realism/family gameplay. If I would have purchased those it would have been a huge waste of money for me. I think a lot of this base has fear of missing out so they feel they have to buy every single pack.

Also, I couldn't imagine actually buying every single pack, especially the ones I don't care for. It needs to have more than just a few things in cas/bb items for me to purchase it, or make use of the world it comes with, ect. I've seen a few things I'd use from Moschino but I can't see myself spending $10 USD on it for a light, wallpaper, and those windows. (50% off tho maybe).

Not to mention cas/bb for me is starting to get harder to navigate and I don't even have that many packs compared to a lot of people. I wish we had the ability to hide certain items instead of the full packs content.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Plus this thread is also spreading negativity so whats the point?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    YO dawg I heard that you like to complain about Sims 4, so we are gonna complain about people complaining about Sims 4.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited October 2020
    Many people suggest that there should be a category just for complainers so they don't appear in general discussions but I personally see that as a bit dangerous because it isolates opinions.
    The reason why some people post criticism, especially in the forums is to have a discussion with others who have a similar or a completely different point of view. Filtering those threads out would be completely counterproductive and unfair. It's like telling people their opinion should only be voiced around people who believe the same and voicing it anywhere else is against the rules. Imagine that in real life.

Also one big issue we have with the internet nowadays is the fact that everything we see is filtered automatically to be to our liking with cookies etc.
    Imagine if people who like the pack only get to see threads from people who have the same opinion. It would be as if another opinion doesn't exist and would create a completely false image.
    Same goes the other way around, imagine if people who dislike the pack only got to see threads from people who also dislike it. People would just think everyone or the majority dislikes the pack.
    Filtering out opinions we don't like is like closing or eyes and ears to anything we don't like and acting like it doesn't exist. And that's a very dangerous practice. Not just on the forums but in life in general.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    We already have a category for criticism. It's called Feedback. But people stop posting there and head straight for general discussion because they think they'll get more views and responses.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    We already have a category for criticism. It's called Feedback. But people stop posting there and head straight for general discussion because they think they'll get more views and responses.

@simgirl1010 That thread is meant for feedback directly to the team and many complain-threads aren't so much about that as they are about discussing with other people so people post them in general and pack discussion.

Afterall general can mean anything and as long as the mods are fine with people posting there I see no issue.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Well if you see a complaint thread moved to Feedback you can thank me because I'll flag it and let the moderators decide.
  • Options
    Well if you see a complaint thread moved to Feedback you can thank me because I'll flag it and let the moderators decide.

@simgirl1010 If it's meant to be feedback to the team I'm sure that's the right thing to do. Many complain threads don't get moved because they simply aren't meant to be that.
  • Options
    LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    Personally I am fine with criticism. Nothing is perfect. I have my complaints about the game too. It's just some people are smart and have valid points. But no everyone.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    As long as these threads are allowed to exist and yes general discussion can mean a lot of things I see no problem with it. Some folks rather have the complaints posts not seen and more positive posts seen but sorry this an public forum and just like there are folks that are okay with Sims 4, there are some that are not and those threads need to be seen as well but complaints or negative posts should not be vulgar, or designed to berate other people for both sides of the coin are doing it and those posts should not be allowed to exist Imo
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited October 2020
    What's the point of complaining on a forum and not giving constructive criticism in the meantime (if it doesn't belong in feedback)? Your intention is apparently not to help the team be better, so what are you trying to do? That is spreading negativity by definition, isn't it?
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think some complainings fair and good, but some people in the community seem to genuinely dislike the game and go on and on about how much better the older editions are and it's just like why are you still here? Just play your favorite edition instead.

I also feel like there's a certain section of the community who think other players don't matter and everything should be for their play style - how dare somebody else get a pack they like instead of you! It's like to some people it doesn't matter what anyone else wants because they want farming and their opinion is more important for some reason. I don't mean this as a personal attack to those who want farming as it really isn't everyone and this is only a small portion of players who are like this but I've seen that kind of thing going round a lot and I really don't like that section of the community. It's kind of an attitude of "Why are they wasting time working on stuff for this side of the community when I want ----" yknow. Idk. I like that they add variety of content and not everything is gonna be for everyone and that's a good thing in my eyes.

This is what I think as well. Also, while I agree with some of the complaints and respect the right to complain, I also think it's completely fair to comment and to give different opinions. That's also feedback. I get that some people are very disaffected with the game, but that doesn't mean that people who enjoy it or disagree are irrelevant or that the community is unified under some monolithic complaining opinion. Taking issue with a separate thread that disagrees or analyzes with the complaining doesn't make sense to me unless the goal is to prevent differing opinions and give the impression that everyone agrees with all of the complaints.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member

The sims team isn't the problem ea higher ups are
  • Options
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Your intention is apparently not to help the team be better, so what are you trying to do? That is spreading negativity by definition, isn't it?

@Duvelina Some people want to discuss their opinion with others so they can understand where they come from. It's not always about providing feedback to the team, sometimes it's also about asking other people what they think of things and why they do so while sharing ones own opinion.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited October 2020
    Your intention is apparently not to help the team be better, so what are you trying to do? That is spreading negativity by definition, isn't it?

@Duvelina Some people want to discuss their opinion with others so they can understand where they come from. It's not always about providing feedback to the team, sometimes it's also about asking other people what they think of things and why they do so while sharing ones own opinion.

I feel like this is rarely the case though. Most threads seem to be started from a venting perspective without any questions asked at all and other people have to jump on the complain train themselves hooking into what OP said. When someone with a differing opinion jumps in, it's completely disregarded because opinion 1 must be right! That doesn't sound like a discussion to me. That sounds like OP needs confirmation of his existing opinion. This would be fine if it was one or two threads, but why do some people feel the need to open their very own thread to put their opinion on blast instead of joining the general complaining thread? I don't mean to be rude here, but I don't think most opinions are so riveting and overwhelmingly clever it'd warrant an entire thread.

This isn't meant towards you though and it's referencing something I said earlier, it also counts for both negative and positive threads. I don't click on any of them. It does seem to happen more often with negative opinions, in my experience, which is probably why some people find the complain threads annoying.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I feel like this is rarely the case though. Most threads seem to be started from a venting perspective without any questions asked at all and other people have to jump on the complain train themselves hooking into what OP said. When someone with a differing opinion jumps in, it's completely disregarded because opinion 1 must be right! That doesn't sound like a discussion to me. That sounds like OP needs confirmation of his existing opinion. This would be fine if it was one or two threads, but why do some people feel the need to open their very own thread to put their opinion on blast instead of joining the general complaining thread? I don't mean to be rude here, but I don't think most opinions are so riveting and overwhelmingly clever it'd warrant an entire thread.

@Duvelina Personally I don't think there is a need to add a question in the thread because to me that's self-explanatory. If I post a thread online about something I don't like then I expect people to respond with their own opinion on that topic no matter what opinion that is. I understand where you are coming from and maybe adding a question would be a good idea but so far I thought I didn't need to explain that you are allowed to comment and have a discussion with me about said thing, no matter what your opinion on the topic is.

Also the thing about the complaining thread is just like the unpopular opinions thread. It's too general so people go in, post their compaint and then the next one moves on and posts their own. There is no discussion because people simply go in there to vent and get out.
    Making a new thread means that you can voice exactly the part that you don't like and talk specifically about it with other people no matter if they agree or not (because usually in complaining threads people who disagree don't go in to respond so there is a lack of different points of view)

If a person who has a different opinion jumps in and people disregard that person's opinion then that's unfair and is a problem with some people who aren't up for a discussion. As long as people disagree with valid points and arguement and in a civil way that's fine. But the fact that there are people who are being 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is something we can try to fight by flagging but ultimately there is no solution, not in the sims community or any community.