Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's analyse The Snowy Escape Trailer

Skiing and Snowboarding - Perfect! What else can you tell just by watching The Trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwOpX9pWsdU

Z5yqGx5.png

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Here is what I posted elsewhere:
    What I'm most excited about:
    The world is gorgeous! I love all the cherry blossom trees and Japanese maple trees!
    The ability to meditate on mindful walks.
    Scenic hikes.
    130 new CAS items!
    Shoji doors, windows, and screens (non-CC)!
    Tatami mats, koi, rock gardens, maple trees.
    Hot springs and bamboo forests.
    Sushi options.
    Kid's hat with bunny ears.
    Japanese-style bridges (at least in the world, probably not to build with).
    Cute pre-mades.
    Light rail/train. Can our Sims get on it as rabbit hole transportation?
    Looks like some cute clothes, including that black and white jacket.
    Kids can do snow activities!
    I like that one of the snowboards lights up. :)
    Camping out on the mountain!
    Onsen to share with other Sims!
    Centipedes, lol!
    Looks like maybe a rabbit-hole temple?
    New prayerful pose?
    New fridge and bonsai tree.
    New fireplace and low table.

There are lots of new details I didn't mention that I like, but just aren't my favorites. I can't wait for this pack!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I had to watch the trailer three times and still didn't catch everything. But... I am SUPER excited about this expansion pack. JTB was a big let down for me, but this one seems super awesome :blush:

Using Roue's method, these are some of the things that really caught my eye and made me excited.

- SNOWBOARDING
    - Sledding
    - Skiing
    - An absolutely GOREGOUS (and different) world
    -HOT SPRINGS
    - The scenery and landscaping (especially the gardeny area at 0:13 and the bridge
    - That ADORABLE glowy blue thingy. (I have no idea what's it called but I love it!)
    - Fondue Pot????
    - The Market
    - The Premades actually look GOOD???
    - New counters
    - THAT KITTY PICTURE AT 1:06
  • Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    I’m curious about how the lift system is going to work - getting on (or off...) the ski lift is not always as easy as it looks... ^^’
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I wonder if there’s a new culture skill like there is in Selvadorada because you can see sims bowing in greeting outside the train station.
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2020
    I’m curious about how the lift system is going to work - getting on (or off...) the ski lift is not always as easy as it looks... ^^’

Looks more like gondola lift in the trailer, so it shouldn't be much of a problem (hopefully... x)
    Post edited by SupersonicAvalanche on
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited October 2020
    I liked to see group activities. Hiking, eating, and I think there were some more. Good that there is something to enjoy by the kids.

My guess is that they are more like setting props, but links for traveling to activities higher up in the mountain. Like the boat we click to go to Deadgrass Island of Bruindleton Bay.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimerallaSimeralla Posts: 962 Member
    It seems like, while on vacation there, you get a tour guide. I also like cute snowy outfits and Hairstyles. Did any one notice the train? I am thinking thats how you get there. Also thinking tour guide may be a new Job. Highly liking Snowboarding and Skiing, will be new skills. Wonder if there will be any competitions you can enter for that. Very promising, Can't wait to play :)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’m thinking the train is part of the decor but it would be great if we could interact with it. Also it looks like a rather old train, but when I think of Japan I picture the Shinkansen !
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    People can't complain about re-used animations. They probably had to make a crap-ton for skiing and snowboarding.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    To me it looked like the train was useable. The sims were greeted at the train station by their friends when they arrived and there were two school girls waiting for the train there too.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think the train may be similar to the Falcon that comes to take you to Batuu. You don't really see it or watch your sim board. And the ski gondola is probably similar to the boat in Brindleton Bay where you click it and "travel" to the island. It's purpose is to get your sim to the top or bottom of the mountain. Personally, I'm fine with both if that's how they work. I don't need to see my sim in a train or gondola to enjoy a winter vacation on the slopes.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited October 2020
    This may sound perfectly awful, but I liked how our Sims and totally 'crash and burn' doing the ski type activities. Looking forward to this pack. The scenery was gorgeous. I really liked the rock-lined pool (or very large hot tub). I've only seen it once so I will have to check it out again. I like what I see!

ETA: Ooh and the real rock climbing ability is exciting, too!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    This may sound perfectly awful, but I liked how our Sims and totally 'crash and burn' doing the ski type activities. Looking forward to this pack. The scenery was gorgeous. I really liked the rock-lined pool (or very large hot tub). I've only seen it once so I will have to check it out again. I like what I see!

The epic fails are always my favorite part. I hope my sim doesn't learn too quickly so I can continue to get a laugh at their expense.
  • Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member

Looks more like gondola lift in the trailer, so it shouldn't be much of a problem (hopefully... x)

^^’ Oh, dear - you’re right! ^^’ But remember it’s The Sims - so you never know... 🙃😅
    This may sound perfectly awful, but I liked how our Sims and totally 'crash and burn' doing the ski type activities.

Me too! 😄😅 I mean - it’s quite easy to relate (at least for me as a beginner skier not too long ago...)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The trailer is an hype trailer and it does its job well but I look beyond the hype for all that is depicted in the trailer may not be possible. I know it is not worth $40 for me as every pack does not have the features I do like.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2020
    Looks very well made, lots of good CAS and Build items, lots of new animations.

Unfortunately it does not translate into anything I am interested in, because I hate winter and winter activities, really don't find Japan interesting so I will never use the CAS or build items.

But i am forced to buy it because of the personality fix.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    It's possible that the personality update could come in the pre-patch. At ;east it should come in a pre-patch for everyone.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    - Fondue Pot????
    Nabemono, aka hotpot. Probably has several recipes.
    • split-level flooring <3
    • yokai (the little spirit)
    • snow festival! (at 1:11)
    • cute mascots

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    My only question without opening up the game myself and checking have not played for a good while is if the animation of the two Sims sitting on the bench holding each other hands new or not.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'm still confused by one of the scenes that looked like they were in a restaurant since thats a dine out feature
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I'm still confused by one of the scenes that looked like they were in a restaurant since thats a dine out feature

I think it's an izakaya (Japanese pub.) So, a bar.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »

I thought it was a bar. In the lilsimsie map leak, there is a bar icon on one of the lots in the middle neighborhood and a karaoke bar icon in the lower neighborhood. I did not see a restaurant icon but she could have bulldozed it.

I will be adding a Japanese restaurant to my World after al, shredders gotta eat.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I really hope the the hair the sim at around 13 seconds in has a version without the roots.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Skiing and Snowboarding - Perfect! What else can you tell just by watching The Trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwOpX9pWsdU

The cable cars move and they move in and out of the buildings on the ground just like in real life.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

That's not a hottub it's hotsprings but I hope we can place them in any world.