Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think Snowy Escape will introduce resorts/hotels? - Confirmed no lol. -_-

13...Next

Comments

• adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Yes
    sam123 wrote: »
    adamzaid wrote: »
    Yeah confirmed no hotels lol. Another useless EP.

how is it immediately useless if one feature we expected wasn't in the pack?

Where's the new gameplay? Okay we can do snow activities and live a Japanese life? That's literally all there is to it.

Atleast running a hotel would have added some more gameplay.

theres also a new personality overhaul from the looks of things but my guess is that its a basegame update but we will see
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Yes
    wow oof, im not paying 40 bucks for this.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I couldn't care less about hotels. Batuu brought a form of hotels and not one person said a single positive thing about it. Im just happy you can both live and vacation in this world
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about hotels. Batuu brought a form of hotels and not one person said a single positive thing about it. Im just happy you can both live and vacation in this world

What was the form of hotel? I am curious, as I didn't read about one in the list of features.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    No
    Yeah confirmed no hotels lol. Another useless EP.

how is it immediately useless if one feature we expected wasn't in the pack?

Where's the new gameplay? Okay we can do snow activities and live a Japanese life? That's literally all there is to it.

Atleast running a hotel would have added some more gameplay.

theres also a new personality overhaul from the looks of things but my guess is that its a basegame update but we will see

That's the only thing that intrigues me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    No
    well after seeing the trailer which just made my jaw drop btw look ok wow im exited. there doesnt seem to be any hotels
    Knew it. Didn't see any.

im fine with that tbh cuz everything else does seem to look pretty fun

The snow activities look interesting, but I think it'll get boring after seeing it a few times.

i was most exited for the Japanese style they were going for more than the snow activities tbh :D and im not disappointed it looks incredible especially the new furniture theyre giving us. this pack also seems to have some good gameplay in it too although its probably mostly going to take place in the new world which we expect cuz most gameplay in these packs are locked to worlds. i cant wait to learn more especially abt whats that thing in the trailer at 0:56. i also love the idea its half a vacation pack half a culture pack i think its a good idea

It's great that there are people who are excited for a Japanese world, but I am disappointed. I won't get any use out of the cas and build items. Most of the stuff in this EP will look out of place in the other worlds like Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Brindleton Bay, etc. I will most likely pick it up when it's on sale because there are a few things that are interesting in the pack.
    He/Him
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    From the blog post it says you can rent or "build your own home" so I guess you can do both.

2UuyZ3C.png
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Not clear if you can live there or is it just a vacation place.

Which I hope means we can add rentable lots to all the worlds once this is released.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    From the blog post it says you can rent or "build your own home" so I guess you can do both.

2UuyZ3C.png
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Not clear if you can live there or is it just a vacation place.

Which I hope means we can add rentable lots to all the worlds once this is released.

This is indeed the biggest question of all.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No
    I figured EA would find a way to totally mess this pack up... lol It was only a matter of time. Thankfully, I kept my expectations low, so I'm not entirely disappointed or surprised with the lack of hotels. However, I'm just baffled by how oblivious EA actually is when it comes to features fans have clearly wanted and been asking for. I mean, why even create a vacation themed expansion pack with no hotels? lol It makes absolutely no sense.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    I'm actually okay with it as it is. The rental lots work fine for vacationing and I love that sims can also live there if we choose.
  • theonlytara42theonlytara42 Posts: 22 Member
    No
    EA is classic for NOT giving us EXACTLY what we're hoping for...but it would be a lot more fun if there were resorts! Being able to run them like in TS3 or similar to a retail/restaurant would be so much more fun!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes because it seems like it could happen, but I don't really care. Sorry for everyone who wanted hotels, but I'm more into the personality stuff that got in.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes
    The new personality system I think (for me anyways) will make up for me being disappointed that there's no hotels. I'd rather have the personalities and if I can vacation anywhere, and live anywhere, I'm ok with that as long as this personality system is good.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    No
    I wish they would be included but I know in my heart it won't happen. If it's to good to be true it usually is.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    No
    Since the cat is out of the bag and you cannot have hotels or resorts and this pack besides IL would have been perfect I had to vote no and now the wait for what else it contains and not contains is next, I am not going to grade it as I still do not know much about the pack The only thing I can say about it is the Oriental content which I do like.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen