Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Snowy Escape Speculation about features

Comments

• KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    What about avalanches??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    What about avalanches??

Yessss!! An avalanche death would be great to have in TS4 maybe also a mountain climbing death where the rope is maybe broken and your Sim falls to their death. I feel like I sound like a psychopath or something but deaths are prolly one of my fave things in the whole TS series especially the weird ones. I would really like a lot of new deaths.

OMG yes ! I want more risks ! I want my sim to die when I don't expect it !
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Chaton wrote: »
    Don't you think the three big houses in the snow could be hotels ? I don't recognize the lot type icon.

1603122414-capture-d-ecran-2020-10-19-a-17-46-09.png

That's because the icon isn't in the game.

that icon is so werid, i could mean anything. I hope its hotels, but what a "box/square/house symbol" mean?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Yeti costume was a hint for Asian snowy mountains

@LeGardePourpre i knew it was coming when they added that costume. I wonder what is coming that made the madd that latin amercian themed update. Maybe that was the most voted world theme we voted this year?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    That big lot to the right looks like a hot springs type area...
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2020
    @Karon wrote: »
    I wonder what is coming that made the madd that latin amercian themed update.

It's a national event #HispanicHeritageMonth
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Hispanic_Heritage_Month

• bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Oh, good! We're getting a new bar! o:);)

I'm excited that we're getting more winter activities, but I agree with others who say it should've been included with Seasons. Since it is a Japanese themed world, we better get a freaking tea set that is functional. I see the bar icon on the map, but it would make more sense for them to add a tea house. This isn't really what I was expecting when there was a winter pack rumor. Like others, I was expecting something like the Alps. This is a pack I will buy eventually, but I have low expectations because it's Sims 4.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Don't you think the three big houses in the snow could be hotels ? I don't recognize the lot type icon.

I think it looks like a winter resort icon, maybe inside you can sleep, prepare for sledging , get a trainer, etc.

Oh dear, this gave me the Batuu lodging vibe where the needs filling area is a rabbit hole :/ I'm hoping for an overhaul to residential/rental lots and having either in any world.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2020
    CelSims wrote: »

I think it looks like a winter resort icon, maybe inside you can sleep, prepare for sledging , get a trainer, etc.

Oh dear, this gave me the Batuu lodging vibe where the needs filling area is a rabbit hole :/ I'm hoping for an overhaul to residential/rental lots and having either in any world.

I hope this isn't it. Hotels as rabbit holes would be terrible :'(:'(

They should be able to use the same technology they used to create dorms, roommates and apartments in order to make hotels.

If hotels or some sort of resort system aren't in this pack, then I probably will wait for a sale to buy it.
    Karon wrote: »

that icon is so werid, i could mean anything. I hope its hotels, but what a "box/square/house symbol" mean?

It might be an icon for a temple?

I wish it was for hotels/ resorts, I guess we'll see!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kittydpotterkittydpotter Posts: 5 New Member
    idk if this is me being nitpicky (it’s not) but kind of annoying tht the game changers that are chosen to help build this japanese inspired world are white ... there def needs to be more representation not just w the gameplay aspects but with game changers as well!!! it’s frustrating that the ones always pushed and are popular are white game changers... (obv no hate to the game changers but still annoying)
    idk if this is me being nitpicky (it’s not) but kind of annoying tht the game changers that are chosen to help build this japanese inspired world are white ... there def needs to be more representation not just w the gameplay aspects but with game changers as well!!! it’s frustrating that the ones always pushed and are popular are white game changers... (obv no hate to the game changers but still annoying)

I think they just pick the Game Changers who are the most popular, who all happen to be white. I would prefer a little more diversity with the Game Changers too....
  • kittydpotterkittydpotter Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="bixters;c-17693343"][quote="kittydpotter;c-17693339"]idk if this is me being nitpicky (it’s not) but kind of annoying tht the game changers that are chosen to help build this japanese inspired world are white ... there def needs to be more representation not just w the gameplay aspects but with game changers as well!!! it’s frustrating that the ones always pushed and are popular are white game changers... (obv no hate to the game changers but still annoying)[/quote]

I think they just pick the Game Changers who are the most popular, who all happen to be white. I would prefer a little more diversity with the Game Changers too....[/quote]

i agree !!! but thts another topic of discussion why all the top game changers r white 👀👀
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    bixters wrote: »

I think they just pick the Game Changers who are the most popular, who all happen to be white. I would prefer a little more diversity with the Game Changers too....

i agree !!! but thts another topic of discussion why all the top game changers r white 👀👀
    This isn’t to directly in response to you but it’s on the topic:
    No offense but If people want gamechangers to be more popular and among the top gamechangers they need to support the lesser known gamechangers. Donate to them, promote their videos or channels, don’t just say why aren’t they among the top. Do your part as well
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm really curious to see the Japanase furniture, hopefully they won't disappoint. Imagine having those tables where you sit on the floor (chabudai) and those beds that are also on the floor. I would Love it. I want to see lots of cherry blossoms and bamboo trees as well, the sushi station we had in The Sims 3 and hopefully a pond tool.

I just love this aestethic.

Oh man....

Please let there be a pond tool. Please let there be a pond tool. Please please please let there be a pond tool.

And low dining tables.
    And low platform beds.
    And hotels.
    And kimonos.
    And toe socks/sandals.
    And beautiful trees/bushes/flowers/pond add-ons.
    And sliding shoji doors/windows/screens.
    And hotels.
    And a japanese shrine.
    And zen gardens.
    And a sakura festival.
    And hotels.
    And Samurai sword sparring.
    And martial arts.
    And harvestable cherry trees.
    And hotels.

Oh oh.... and I want that Pagoda building to be an apartment building!

Okay, I need to stop. I'm getting carried away. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Hot springs! I forgot to add hot springs!

In-ground hot springs.... aahhhhh.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I'm really curious to see the Japanase furniture, hopefully they won't disappoint. Imagine having those tables where you sit on the floor (chabudai) and those beds that are also on the floor. I would Love it. I want to see lots of cherry blossoms and bamboo trees as well, the sushi station we had in The Sims 3 and hopefully a pond tool.

Oh man....

Please let there be a pond tool. Please let there be a pond tool. Please please please let there be a pond tool.

And low dining tables.
    And low platform beds.
    And hotels.
    And kimonos.
    And toe socks/sandals.
    And beautiful trees/bushes/flowers/pond add-ons.
    And sliding shoji doors/windows/screens.
    And hotels.
    And a japanese shrine.
    And zen gardens.
    And a sakura festival.
    And hotels.
    And martial arts.
    And hotels.

Okay, I need to stop. I'm getting carried away. :D

Yes yes yes. And you forgot to mention hotels.

Please EA don't let us down!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

All of this would be amazing!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    There are no samurai in modern Japan.
    Sakura trees are ornamental. No edible fruit.
    Pagoda are part of Buddhist temples. No.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited October 2020
    I really want them to add lots of traditional japanese gameplay such as instruments dances tea ceremony/tea making related things maybe even martial arts or making some old traditional art or embroidery... maybe they could even make diy doors or break the doors? just a thought

basically things like that

also as builder I am really looking forward to having some sort of paperwall situations with the doors and windows and I hope there is also some that are slightly thinner so you can see outside because i remember seeing in some historical palace series snow falling behind one as people were doing embroidery at low table and it was most beautiful scene

I also wish we get some beautiful arch ways and spandrels and wall decals and such to truly make the buildings look detailed

(and i would love if we could get one of those bridges and have our sims cross swimming pools and fountains and such walking on it cause gardens would instant level up)

and obviously tatami mats

not to forget all the cool furnitures such as low dining tables and the detailed dressers and floor/low beds and kotatsu

+ as for extra decoration I personally really wish they added old screen paintings so i have new type of divider to play with(apparently called Byōbu)

cas I want traditional japanese outfits like kimonos and wood sandals and I also really want lots of hairstyles to go with those

wouldn't be too mad if they also add some interesting new japanese fashion and furnitures but i want old styles first cause i often play historical or past themed saves

am i asking too much? most likely but its a big dream

winter honestly the cover already has most of it but I'm hoping there is lots of activities and that many of them can be done as group or couple and kids can participate

and mittens be cute but most likely not included
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I don‘t association Japan with winter activities so the whole pack seems off to be but I don‘t care if it comes with hotels, resorts and vacation homes (in all worlds!!!). It‘s an EP and recycles a some stuff from previous packs (snow, mountain climbing) so that‘s the very least they can do to justify the price.

I hope we get hot chocolate, sake, sake making, rice plants and an onsen,
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited October 2020
    I know it's going to be a disappointing pack. I'm sure most of these won't come in, and the few that do will be botched. But speculation is the second most fun thing about Sims 4, after complaining.

Features
    • Hotels: Should be a major feature. We should be able to make and run our own hotels/motels/hostels/whatever and take care of our guests, as well as being able to visit these hotels for ourselves.
    • New food: We got some good Japanese/Asian food in Dine Out and City Living, but more would be neat. Maybe less fancy stuff.
    • Ninjas: Time to recycle those teleporting animations.
    • Small pets: give us snow monkeys. Like seriously, you have the power to make a crazy world where real world problems don't apply, all for the sake of fun and excitement. Stop wasting your potential on poorly thought-out & dubious environmental messages, and give us our 🐸🐸🐸🐸 monkeys already.
    • Yeti: I know they don't really fit Japan, but when are we actually going to get another winter world? Plus it's not like Japan doesn't know about them. We could even year the yeti costume from the holiday pack to disguise ourselves in order to get close to them. Bonus points if we can breed with them and have yeti babies.
    • Traditional Japanese radio station: Gimme my Sea in Spring and other background vocals.

Activities/Skills
    • New instruments: Koto, Shamisen, Taiko drum.
    • Snowboarding: Attached to its own skill. You can race others down the mountain or perform stunts. I'd like my own official tournaments and competitions (where you can get paid and become a pro-boarder), but being able to make my own tournaments my racings sims would also be decent.
    • Sword Sparring: I know samurai don't usually walk the streets of modern Japan, but it'd still be fun to see. Especially if you can train in it. They could just recycle the Get Famous and the Shart Wars pack animations.
    • Martial Arts: Sure, why not?
    • Shogi or Mahjong: The latter was in Sims 2 so why not
    • Culture: Sulani was all about having a strong culture, but Selvadorada handled it better AND gave you a new skill to help you learn it. I want this skill here, at least so I can show that my sim is learning about the local culture.

CAS/BB
    • Just copy everything from Takemizu Village back in Sims 2, and I'll be happy.
    • But I want those low tea tables especially.
    • Hot springs.
    • Cherry blossom trees. Bonus points if we can raise them and sell their flowers/petals. In my city, we have an event where we go to the park during the season to watch them bloom. I'd LOVE to have my sims go to their local park in spring to picnic under them.

tl;dr: Just give us Takemizu Village + sports
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017