Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Snowy Escape Speculation about features

Comments

• adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i wonder how seasons will affect this world actually if it will rain and stuff like that but what im most exited for is the inclusion of japenese culture which is something ive wanted for like years now so that srsly make me so happy to see this. i also hope the world is residential although from the looks of it it does look residential
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I hope that this world is fake, because it is small a little. If I add some hotels, restaurants and spas, there will be no space to live :(
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    krist556 wrote: »
    nooooooooooo i wanted happy haunts
    I mean same ... but happy haunts would probably be a game pack if they make it

Maybe if we’re lucky we’ll get a yeti in this pack or since it’s Japan some yokai like a kappa or kitsune
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    edited October 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »
    One of the lots in the leaked map has the rental lot icon.

BYPG1AW.jpg

But at the same there are many lots that don’t have an icon (currently only unoccupied residential lots don’t have icons). It seems like it’s a residential world, but we’ll be able to place rental lots in residential worlds?

Isn't that what everyone was hoping for with Hotels/Resorts? I mean you can't make your own functional apartment int the game right now. so that would be my only reason to want this expansion. that and there is still no hint of an occult or useful items yet tell the trailer
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    i just want a pack with a ghostbusting job is it too much to ask :'(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    but i do hope this pack have a new Life state
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited October 2020
    Here are some features I hope are in the pack:
    -Hotels
    -Martial arts
    -Pandas

Patch:
    -Being able to purchase vacation homes
    -Pond tool
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    I see a ski lift. I can't say I would associate winter sports with Japan, but at least we'll get new roof types and build items and maybe more Japanese things like tea and samurai swords. And lots of cherry blossoms. I like the meaning of the name Komorebi.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    One of the lots in the leaked map has the rental lot icon.

BYPG1AW.jpg

But at the same there are many lots that don’t have an icon (currently only unoccupied residential lots don’t have icons). It seems like it’s a residential world, but we’ll be able to place rental lots in residential worlds?

Now that would be awesome!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Happy haunts was a theme introduced this year afaik which I think your referring to, they have been working on this pack longer than that. So dont expect Happy haunts anytime soon.
    It was introduced along side the knitting pack for the community to vote, iirc last year. However happy haunts lost.
    But gurus did say they saw ppl are interested in happy haunts and keep that in mind
  • KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member

I just didn't want to accept it as winter.. winter is the most depressing time of the year for me. I don't care for snowboarding or mountain climbing in rl.. hot chocolate is already in the game. the only thing this pack could excite me about is if it has stuff that I ca utilize outside the cold world.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I see a ski lift. I can't say I would associate winter sports with Japan, but at least we'll get new roof types and build items and maybe more Japanese things like tea and samurai swords. And lots of cherry blossoms. I like the meaning of the name Komorebi.

Ohh yes, the meaning is beautiful.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Chaton wrote: »
    Don't you think the three big houses in the snow could be hotels ? I don't recognize the lot type icon.

1603122414-capture-d-ecran-2020-10-19-a-17-46-09.png

That's because the icon isn't in the game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Don't you think the three big houses in the snow could be hotels ? I don't recognize the lot type icon.

What I meant is that it could be a new hotel lot type.
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    This sounds awesome!
    Z5yqGx5.png
    I guess I'll have to wait 'till next year but i wonder if you can become a Japanese snow ninja
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    nooooooooooo i wanted happy haunts

To be fair I think we will still get happy haunts possibly in 2021 because of how long it takes them to make a pack. And they said it came super close to knitting so I definitely think it's in the works 🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't want to speculate too much on features myself because we tend to have big imaginations😅😅😅 I'm going to come back after the trailer
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2020

What I meant is that it could be a new hotel lot type.

Well I hope so. It is an EP after all. Although I'm pretty sure Maxis seems to have forgotten what that means. If it's just a world and some activities without any meaningful features other than "meet new sims" and "new culture" I'll pass and wait for a 50% sale.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member

I think it looks like a winter resort icon, maybe inside you can sleep, prepare for sledging , get a trainer, etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited October 2020
    Very disappointing. I'm not liking the Japan world or whatever it's supposed to be. Probably won't get any use out of the build or cas items. Looks like I'll be skipping this one as well.
    He/Him
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I had to google translate this word so hopefuly it didn't get lost.

I would love to have hardening. Cold baths or something like that. Basically Wim Hof's method.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    They have ski resorts in Japan. And we needed some Asian content.

But yes, I’m from France so to me ski resorts are mostly associated with the Alps.
    crocobaura wrote: »