Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape is the next EP!

Comments

• graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    The above tweet from GuruGeorge about lake houses make me think maybe it's a hint for a winter vacation EP but I think it's too small theme for an EP so I'm not sure..
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    The above tweet from GuruGeorge about lake houses make me think maybe it's a hint for a winter vacation EP but I think it's too small theme for an EP so I'm not sure..

Maybe it's not just winter, but a whole lot of new activities around the lake. Ice fishing in winter, boat fishing in summer, wakesurfing, etc. A world built around a big lake would be lovely.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    They look like Minnie Mouse shoes to me. Maybe Disney has their fingers in this new EP too....?

Oh god no
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Drbigt wrote: »
    Yeah, let us filter by installed packs like in Sims 3. That sort of categorization and theming is really useful when creating certain content.

I’m confused. We already have a pack filter in CAS.

Indeed. You can filter by pack, theme, fashion choice (male/female) and you can remove the category tag to give your Sim a bathing suit for cold weather wear if you wish to do so. TS4 has the best filters of any Sims game yet.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    If it is a vacation EP, I'm either expecting a winter vacation + hotels or a winter vacation + one more travelling destination (maybe mountains/greek islands/traditional asia).

Just one destination with no hotels gives me GP vibes and I'm not here for it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited October 2020
    I desperately want something more cheerful than an eco type pack this time around. I want roundabouts, rollercoasters, holidays hot or cold, carnivals, horses, motorboats, circuses, fantasy, medieval, or whatever it might be. I want to be transported out of this rubbish situation at the moment and disappear for an hour or two into my own imagined world.

I don't care what they've made as long as it cheers me up a bit!

Please EA/Maxis?

PS: I don't even mind a Happy Haunts - as long as it is HAPPY!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    God, if it's Disney or any other licensed bubblegum, I'm done.
    Same here.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    its almost time for the pack to be announced. one more day. i dont know if im more nervous or excited about it. i really hope it turns out to be a great pack. i need some cool content for my game. more stuff for sims to do. mainly for families. come on sims team. when you gonna focus on the other life stages besides adults.

still if it turns out to be a winter vacation it could be fun. it depends on the activities. i hope some of the activities kids and teens can do. i really want more things for families.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member

If it's another vacation EP, they can keep it. I want something fresh and new
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member

Im hoping its got ALOT of stuff hotel system and management otherwise i dont get how its an expansion. We shall see tomorrow :smile:
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »

Im hoping its got ALOT of stuff hotel system and management otherwise i dont get how its an expansion. We shall see tomorrow :smile:

Hotels would make it worth it for me, and I feel like that's something that should've been included in the GTW EP. Why not? You can already build a restaurant, so it's not a big stretch
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i srsly hope this is livable world cuz holyheck there was a leak and the world quite stunning
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Yessss, really hoping for more romantic interactions, snowy escape, how is a snowy escape never romantic
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited October 2020
    Loool so the rocking chair thing was a hint!
    edited October 2020
    Updated the thread following the announcement! :)

Personally I'm really excited for this pack, a winter vacation and an Asian world have been my biggest wants in the game for literally years so to have the two rolled into one is a dream. This looks like a really fun EP so I'm excited (although I'm kinda confused on the decision to make a vacation pack an ep since they're usually gps)
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited October 2020
    Did the title of this thread get changed??

That's why we got the knitting Sp.
    Did the title of this thread get changed??

That's why we got the knitting Sp.

it was the "EP10 is being announced next week" thread
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Updated the thread following the announcement! :)

Personally I'm really excited for this pack, a winter vacation and an Asian world have been my biggest wants in the game for literally years so to have the two rolled into one is a dream. This looks like a really fun EP so I'm excited (although I'm kinda confused on the decision to make a vacation pack an ep since they're usually gps)

I'm excited too. It's not something that I was longing to have in the game but I think it will be nice. I look forward to seeing more information.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited October 2020
    Oooh! Is that a Japan-inspired garden and temple I see in one of the pictures? 😃

I'm intrigued, especially as this is an EP sized pack.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I just heard about this today via Facebook. I think this will be cool! I love the winter! I am already shivering for this expansion pack!!!
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I had a sneaky suspicion that if it was a winter pack that it would be located in a Japanese type world since that wasn't included in the survey worlds and a Swiss mountain village was. I'm so glad I was right! This looks awesome and I'm excited to learn more! I hope we get hot springs and hotels with this.
    If we get the option of creating hotels or other new build mode items, I'm in....otherwise, I'll pass
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    I just heard about this today via Facebook. I think this will be cool! I love the winter! I am already shivering for this expansion pack!!!

@rjssim - What is the link to or how do I find the FB page. I did a search and found many pages, but none seemed like the official one since there was nothing about the new EP on it.
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member

What is the link to or how do I find the FB page. I did a search and found many pages, but none seemed like the official one since there was nothing about the new EP on it.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSims

^ that is where I found out about it