Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Season Lengths

Is there a mod that would let us make each season more than 4 weeks? Like each would be 5 weeks or 6 weeks, etc? As I play rotationally, would be great to be able to set the season lengths be the number of households I play so each gets to experience each season in order. I play a lot of households with gardens and hate that some end up never getting to do some plants without having to have a greenhouse. Just curious if this exists and I just can't find it or if it's even possible to make a mod that does this?

Comments

• ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    As far as I know, a mod like this hasn't been created yet. It's a bit tricky, because unlike the Sims 2, TS4 Seasons doesn't have individual sliders to adjust the length of the seasons. Modding that is much easier than TS4, where everything is internal, and the main issue is the calendar, which might not cooperate very well and changing the length of the seasons even more will kind of mess up all the programmed holiday dates, I presume.

But, there are some super talented modders out there, and I have hope! If I ever find a mod like that I'll remember and let you know. :)
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • juliekayejuliekaye Posts: 108 Member
    Thanks for the reply - I do hope someone can figure out how to do it eventually!

Speaking of holidays...Hoping someone comes up with something that can get rid of those, too. I’ve manually deleted them but the random ones annoy me so much. Lol
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    It should be possible because LittleMsSam recently made a mod to add a 21 day option for seasons. I also wish seasons were longer than 4 weeks, so hopefully someone will make that mod.
  • juliekayejuliekaye Posts: 108 Member
    Oh sweet! That's promising to hear so here's hoping it happens! :)
  • LittleMsSamLittleMsSam Posts: 125 Member
    Unfortunaley this cannot be easily done or let's say random length added to the Drop Down. So in my Case i only found a way to edit the existing length. Maybe some Script God will one day figure out a way to actually add more or find a way to let us customize these length. If you want other length i recommend to open my 21 Days Mod with Sims 4 Studio and try to figure out what i changed in there?
    ~~~ FIND OVER 150+ MODS ON MY OWN SITE https://lms-mods.com/ ~~~
  • marinapjanicmarinapjanic Posts: 109 Member
    Unfortunaley this cannot be easily done or let's say random length added to the Drop Down. So in my Case i only found a way to edit the existing length. Maybe some Script God will one day figure out a way to actually add more or find a way to let us customize these length. If you want other length i recommend to open my 21 Days Mod with Sims 4 Studio and try to figure out what i changed in there?

Hi,
    I love your mods!!!!
    Is it possible to make seasons shorter (etc. 3-4 days per season)? I'm not sure how it would affect the calendar, or is it even possible...
  • Angels2009Angels2009 Posts: 15 Member
    i did change the length to 91 day that first it work and now it stop working