Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sulani was wasted.

2...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2020
    The gameplay might be lacking for some people who just like to play the skills and careers but those who like to potter about, taking things easy in the game and like building and decorating it's the best of the bunch. o:)

That's real sandbox and a real stress reliever for those of us in self-isolation for months.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I'm glad that it wasnt vacation world, but I also dissapointed of the idea that Resort System was absent in the pack.

Island Living made me realize that The Sims team should rethink what an Expansion Pack means, no feature of Island Living was usable in the base game, no water area in the base game is swimmable, all "unique culture" and "festival" is Sulani exclusive, Boat and Diving is Sulani exclusive again, a rabbit hole fisherman and lifeguard career, the only thing that can be used in other world is Mermaid, Outdoor Shower and that sulani cooking pit.

I think boats can be used in the University world as well. Otherwise I agree with you. IL is the most disappointing EP of the franchise.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Even though IP was bugged out, it still had more potential than IL, as said IL for me was mostly fluff and little substance as graphics I cannot play with it as it is for watching and I want more than an art show.

I have seen this since the release of IL and I just can't relate. I have absolute no idea what you and others talk about.
    You never played IP?

No. I quit Sims 3 after Supernatural. I was just tired with it and it's limitations.

Oh ok, I really did not care for Supernatural myself as I do not play with mystical elements in the Sims. I hated the full moon which brought out the characters from Plants vs Zombies and I had to block out the full moon. However I had an good time with Sims 3 and enjoyed the features it had.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Personally, I love the beautiful Island.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Setting up a second home in Sulani can be done just by adding a cash register and labeling the lot as a retail lot. Then hide the cash register in a small 1x1 room no Sims can get to. Build a nice vacation home and your Sims can visit the island for as long as they want once they purchase the 'business'. Or build a generic lot with tents and your Sims can spend some time there without spending a lot of money. There are ways to get around some of the lot restrictions the teams decided to add to IL, and some from past packs as well. That's one of the best features in Sims4. It can be tweaked and manipulated with workarounds or mods. It isn't an ideal way to go about it, but the payoff is having a game better suited to how you want to play.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sulani is too bright for my eyes.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I love Sulani. Quirks and all.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I am still not sure what makes Island Living an EP. Like everyone else, I was disappointed that there were no hotels included as I usually associate sand and sea with vacations, but I love the world and the opportunity for living the quiet life it offers. I have a sim there who writes novels and grows coconuts and pineapples. In my opinion Island Living should have been a game pack and priced accordingly.

What?

A full sized world, a several new careers, a HECK of a lot of CAS and build items and tons of new animations and interactions.
    There is absolutely to say this should be a game pack is just wrong.
    Expansions should expand the base game with its features Island Living did not do that all of its main features like ocean swimming were locked to its world it truly does feel like a game pack with a slightly larger world because the new game play was a total joke.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Its main advertised feature felt like one of the most shallow of the packs (water/underwater activities), but I loved the world. Pretty well the exact reverse of Island Paradise to me, where I liked the features better than the world.

Anyway, I really enjoy Sulani. Had it been a vacation world it would have felt like a waste to me and had the expansion been vacation focused it would have been a whole other pack to judge.

This was the first major flag for me. I mean in an Expansion Pack, isn't water activities or activities in general are supposed to be only a side feature? I mean even parenthood, A gamepack, has a new character values system, and the side activities are just there are not always the main focus. But this one...

Get To Work has Active Careers
    Get Together has Clubs
    Cats and Dogs have Animals
    Seasons have Weather
    Get Famous has Fame

Island Living has........none. This is why I dislike the "Living" Packs. Packs that focus on location/world not on gameplay. Both City and Island Living has so many features, but none are fleshout. Atleast Eco Living lifestyle has Eco Footprint and N.A.P.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sulani is a beautiful place but could have been more. It would have made a excellent vacation place and maybe buy a second home on the beach.

I agree with the second home opportunity. It was there, it should have come with that pack... anyway i like Sulani. I like all worlds that feel different from the average.
    edited October 2020
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Its main advertised feature felt like one of the most shallow of the packs (water/underwater activities), but I loved the world. Pretty well the exact reverse of Island Paradise to me, where I liked the features better than the world.

Anyway, I really enjoy Sulani. Had it been a vacation world it would have felt like a waste to me and had the expansion been vacation focused it would have been a whole other pack to judge.

This was the first major flag for me. I mean in an Expansion Pack, isn't water activities or activities in general are supposed to be only a side feature? I mean even parenthood, A gamepack, has a new character values system, and the side activities are just there are not always the main focus. But this one...

Get To Work has Active Careers
    Get Together has Clubs
    Cats and Dogs have Animals
    Seasons have Weather
    Get Famous has Fame

Island Living has........none. This is why I dislike the "Living" Packs. Packs that focus on location/world not on gameplay. Both City and Island Living has so many features, but none are fleshout. Atleast Eco Living lifestyle has Eco Footprint and N.A.P.

Island Living careers

Odd Jobs and added to other worlds jobs list
    Fisherman, Lifeguard, And Diving Part-Time Jobs
    Fisherman Part-Time Job
    Lifeguard Part-Time Job
    Diving Part-Time Job

Conservationist Career
    Environmental Manager And Marine Biologist Branches
    Environmental Manager Branch
    Marine Biologist Branch
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I personally like Sulani and have incorporated it into my game. I've finally built my own hotel there after getting impatient for an update.

I actually like that it's a livable world but yes, I'd like to vacation more easily and have second homes.

I'd actually like more lots in Sulani. If I have complaints they are that I'd like some more lots, more water activities and I'm not that interested in mermaids. I think it's a fun pack though and you can kind of do what you want with it.

The world is great aside from those points and yes, I'd like vacationing & hotels. Maybe it won't be the only beach pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    Sulani is a beautiful place but could have been more. It would have made a excellent vacation place and maybe buy a second home on the beach.

I agree with the second home opportunity. It was there, it should have come with that pack... anyway i like Sulani. I like all worlds that feel different from the average.

I think there was the option for rental not second home that came with Sulani. It was patched out before I could test it, just more proof that Sulani was meant to be part of a vacation game pack. For now, we can sort of have second homes with the club feature, make a family club and set a second property as their exclusive meeting place.
    I just wish they had made the earthquakes and volcanoes more violent and destroying lots, making them an archaeology type lot where you could dig up and explore later. Another type of death too. It could be a way of deleting all lots and Sims to start again like Newcrest plus a useful addition to Eco Lifestyle! Trash everywhere. :o

• MoonSimmer1MoonSimmer1 Posts: 24 Member
    Try adding some graphics mods to your game for making it look more good. But yeah I agree with that, it could be even more good than it is. The Sims 3: Island Paradise is my favorite pack for The Sims 3 and I was very excited when The Sims 4: Island Living was released. However, it is still a very good pack and I had a lot of fun playing it! 😇❤