March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape is the next EP!

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    The Sims 4: Low Expectations

Yay more bugs, yay more broken mods.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The Sims 5 will just be a base game with no content. So the people asking for the next iteration will then complain about all the things that are missing compared to now. On the upside, there would be less bugs with less gameplay. And the vicious cycle continues...

Yeah with Sims 5 they will again remove what little features Sims 4 have and you are right the same ole cycle. I learned my lesson with Sims 4 do not purchase and just wait and see how it rolls first.
    Omen by HP Intelยฎ๏ธ Coreโ„ข๏ธ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intelยฎ Coreโ„ข i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    DeKay wrote: ยป
    I'd rather see ALL the bugs fixed first.

That's never gonna happen. You might as well just prepare for The Sims 5 if you want them to fix all the TS4 bugs before making another pack. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I have never understood why people think sims5 would be bugles :D

Me either, but I have often wondered if they are the same ones who wanted Sims3 gone so the wonderful Sims4 could be here and then now abandoning 4 for 5 and on to 6 if that isn't good enough. I will never get my hopes up for 5. This extra long wait times for content when we had loads in the Sims3 along with packs I don't like/can't use has plummeted my expectations and joy. Whose to say they won't put multiplayer and other stuff we don't care for in and not be worried if we like it or not as they have with putting quest driven stuff in a game that's supposed to put the player in full control? We sure didn't expect the toddler/ infant/pool/lack of content that we got with the Sims4 base game. I've always tried to find something I liked about packs, but this year has really tested my patience. There's been magic stuff and loads of different, how about some stuff we need, want, and can use?

Heck they may skip Sims 5 and do Sims 6. :D
    Omen by HP Intelยฎ๏ธ Coreโ„ข๏ธ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intelยฎ Coreโ„ข i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    Anyone notices how they're announcing expansions packs too close to release date so people dont have enough information on the pack and buy it anyway, very smart move EA..

We used to get a month gap between announcements and release when expansions were good and 3 months before release in Sims 3 when expansions were TOO GOOD

I expect this EP to be horrible that's why EA announcing it so late and close to release which I'm expecting mid November..

What do you mean? They haven't even announced the release date yet only the announcement date. Plus the expansions last year were pretty good and they only had a few weeks between announcement and release
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @onverser and the reactions ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm dying you totally nailed it
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Anyone notices how they're announcing expansions packs too close to release date so people dont have enough information on the pack and buy it anyway, very smart move EA..

We used to get a month gap between announcements and release when expansions were good and 3 months before release in Sims 3 when expansions were TOO GOOD

I expect this EP to be horrible that's why EA announcing it so late and close to release which I'm expecting mid November..

I don't know if it's just me and my horrible sense of time but it doesn't seem like two minutes since the Star Wars pack released and now they're announcing another new pack already. I love getting new packs but it really feels like they're coming so fast now. I think I preferred it in the Sims 2 days when we got a new pack about every six months and the packs were much better quality.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I don't know if it's just me and my horrible sense of time but it doesn't seem like two minutes since the Star Wars pack released and now they're announcing another new pack already. I love getting new packs but it really feels like they're coming so fast now. I think I preferred it in the Sims 2 days when we got a new pack about every six months and the packs were much better quality.

I think this is roughly the same timeframe that they used last year. Realm of Magic released in September 2019 and Discover University was released in November 2019.
    Star Wars came out September 2020, so the next EP to have a release date in November would be about right :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I'm actually disappointed. I had planned on buying all the expansions (and trying to ignore the other packs, because I'm on a budget), but never got around to buying Eco. I'm going to be behind! And yet... still doesn't make me want to buy Eco.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm actually disappointed. I had planned on buying all the expansions (and trying to ignore the other packs, because I'm on a budget), but never got around to buying Eco. I'm going to be behind! And yet... still doesn't make me want to buy Eco.

honestly being behind few packs is good for wallet anyway and if you still want them later its more likely you'll get 50% off or even bigger sale on it :smile: there is no reason to buy everything immediately after release

(+ you get to miss some of the release bugs)

also obviously if you dont like pack its better to skip it and buy something you actually want instead :wink:
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The joy.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I'm more interested in upcoming threads and youtube comments talking about this particular pack that we're going to see
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    A lot of you who are complaining about EVERYTHING here were complaining about the last expansion. So they are probably trying to appease you by coming out with another one that will bring less of a nasty response and your complaining again. Not to sound like your respective mothers, but go outside and play and be back before the street lights come on. I don't want to see you in the house before then!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    A lot of you who are complaining about EVERYTHING here were complaining about the last expansion. So they are probably trying to appease you by coming out with another one that will bring less of a nasty response and your complaining again

Lmao if only it worked like that. The last EP was months ago. EPS take more than a couple of months to make. They didnโ€™t just come up with to appease those who were angry last time. It could flop like all the packs this year did
  • ObiwanxKannoliObiwanxKannoli Posts: 19 Member
    I'm hopeful! It seems like they are starting to listen to what the community is saying. Hopefully we get more quality updates. I really just hope they are seeing everything that went wrong with the Sims 4 and will make a better Sims 5
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm hopeful! It seems like they are starting to listen to what the community is saying. Hopefully we get more quality updates. I really just hope they are seeing everything that went wrong with the Sims 4 and will make a better Sims 5

That's what was said about TS3 - but it did not happen when TS4 came out, it will be no different if there is a TS5.
    Post edited by catmando830 on
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I'm more interested in upcoming threads and youtube comments talking about this particular pack that we're going to see

Same. You know you've lost faith in a game when your more excited for the reaction to a certain pack than the actual pack itself. :D
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    A lot of you who are complaining about EVERYTHING here were complaining about the last expansion. So they are probably trying to appease you by coming out with another one that will bring less of a nasty response and your complaining again. Not to sound like your respective mothers, but go outside and play and be back before the street lights come on. I don't want to see you in the house before then!

but what if i only want to be outside when streetlights come on and its dark and nice?
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I hope this is the last EP because the game is getting too bloated and my computer can only take so much
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Not to sound like your respective mothers, but go outside and play and be back before the street lights come on. I don't want to see you in the house before then!

But...can I stay in now? Or still not allowed? ๐Ÿ˜‡
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I will keep my mind open, yet hopeful. I didn't like the concept of EL, so for the very first time in Sims4, I didn't purchase an EP. I also am not a huge Star Wars fan, and didn't see anything in the GP that got me excited. I do very much enjoy Nifty Knitting, however, as I was on on that band wagon asking for it and took part in the polling of it.

At least next week isn't so far off. I do hope they offer something that intrigues me, even in a small way, and not repulse me instead.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2020
    I hope this is the last EP because the game is getting too bloated and my computer can only take so much

This. Bring on The Sims 5 already. The Sims 4 is a joke that can't even handle its own mediocre, low quality packs. This past year has been the most disappointing of any Sims game to me.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    With all the packs I am feeling a bit like Old Mother Hubbard with too much to do. I'm going to have to stop buying sometime as I haven't got time to do everything.

I just hope it'll be an expansion that I can use the contents of in all the worlds. I'm using all the StrangerVille stuff in Oasis Springs and Sulani for example as I don't like the StrangerVille world much and the Get Famous stuff too as I'm not fond of that actual world either but love the objects and building stuff.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I don't think I will be so troubled this time if it's not something that interests me. The Star Wars pack cured me of my completion issues and if it's not something that I want then I will have no troubles skipping it now. I'm playing the Sims 3 mostly at the moment and it's keeping me entertained so I'm not exactly longing for anything new in the Sims 4 at the moment anyway. I do still love the Sims 4 though and I will still continue to play it when the mood takes me, I can't abandon my sims, I get to attached to them. :D
  • MalalupisMalalupis Posts: 25 Member
    The Sims 4: Chores and Errands

Discover the excitement of adulting with the newest expansion pack! Pay each bill separately, sit in traffic for hours, and sign up for health insurance with The Sims 4 Chores and Errands!

KEY FEATURES
    Bill Paying
    Have you always wanted to pay each bill separately? Now you can! Create logins for every bill, each with a different set of password requirements that you'll immediately forget and have to reset. Remember to pay each one on time, and watch out - they all have different due dates!

New Health Insurance Feature
    Now your Sim will need health insurance and it's up to you to sort through the many different types of insurance offered, all with different premiums, co-pays, and deductibles. For even more fun, visit an out of network provider and experience the excitement of surprise billing! Did your visit cost you $40 or $40,000? Who knows! Select the "Argue With Insurance Company" action to spend hours on the phone pleading with them to cover your treatment.

Cars -- and Traffic!
    By popular demand, this expansion pack will feature cars at last! Every time your Sim uses their car, they'll get to sit for hours in traffic. Use the "Honk" or "Yell At Driver" actions for a realistic experience! Make sure you take care of your bladder needs before getting in the car!
  • Robyn536Robyn536 Posts: 590 Member
    The Sims 5 will just be a base game with no content. So the people asking for the next iteration will then complain about all the things that are missing compared to now. On the upside, there would be less bugs with less gameplay. And the vicious cycle continues...

Yeah with Sims 5 they will again remove what little features Sims 4 have and you are right the same ole cycle. I learned my lesson with Sims 4 do not purchase and just wait and see how it rolls first.

This is exactly what I did. I bought The Sims 4 the day it came out, checked it out for about a day, viciously missed Sims 3, and then deliberately set it aside for about 18 months. When I came back to 4, it had a lot more content. So less painful that way.