Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape is the next EP!

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I'm sorry that my posts aren't all sunshine and roses at the moment but I'm unhappy with the neglect that this game is currently receiving and I'm not going away so you can either choose to ignore my replies or deal with them. It's perfectly up to you.

As I said, I was only asking.
    Did I ever said posts have to be shunshine and rainbowa? NO , I did not.

But lesson learned, thank you. Never ask anything.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited October 2020
    I have a whole week to prepare myself for the disappointment. :D

I wonder how angry all of you are going to be once it's announced. Is it something attempting to be Occult? Is it a score for team farm? Is it something finally for our aliens? Is it a resort/hotel pack that many in the community actually want?

Maybe all the planets will be in perfect alignment and Mercury will be in Retrograde to actually give us something we actually want.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    For those afraid of a new avalanche of bugs just don't buy on day one. Give it a couple of weeks, or more, and then decide.

I don’t see what the point of waiting is when they don’t fix the bugs. I mean it’s been months since Eco Lifestyle released and most of the bugs it brought are still unfixed. Mean while they did manage to release two new packs that added to the bugs and also remain unfixed.

Yeah I guess that's the majority opinion here seeing as the game continues to sell. 🤷‍♀️
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I’ll be sure to have a cardiologist on standby just in case the excitement overwhelms me.
  • krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    plzs be happy haunts or im gonna go crazy
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    At least we know it won't be cars, babies, farms or bunk beds: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/a-letter-from-the-sims-team
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited October 2020
    drakharis wrote: »
    Is it something attempting to be Occult?
    Nah, we've been exiled to Game Packs or afterthoughts in EPs. :/
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    It’s possible it will include an occult. SimgurFrost on twitter name has “still redacted” guru frost. It’s was redacted guru frost but iirc last month he changed it to still redacted. It definitely a place holder for a occult, like “spell caster gurufrost”. My bets on it will include an occult
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I hope it's Happy Haunts with Werewolves.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    giphy.gif
    I gave up :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I have a whole week to prepare myself for the disappointment. :D

Most fitting reply ever! :D

But this brings up a philosophical question: If disappointment is a feeling of sadness because certain expectations were not met, but someone expects to be disappointed... Can it still be called a disappointment if things end up being bad? :confused: In fact, that's a question I ask myself whenever a new patch is on the horizon.

As for me personally, I have no idea what it could possibly be, so I'm approaching the announcement of this pack with the cautious, semi-positive attitude that at least it can't be worse than the last one. (And yes, that leaves room for actual disappointment because I know that it can be, but they say what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, and since the Star Wars pack didn't kill me, that must mean I'm stronger now.)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited October 2020
    Lyndsay told us to have low expectations so I am not going to expect much. I might buy it because I would like to have another EP to play over Christmas and the new year but I hope that it is not full of bugs so I could maybe buy it before their patch in December (unless they release this EP together with that patch).

I don't think I will patch my game in December, as much as I want to see this new update with the new skin tones, I would like to see if my default skin will be updated, and that could take a while, I might not be able to patch the game until next year depending on how difficult it will be to update cc skins and other mods, so I have to buy the EP before that patch if I am going to be able to play it.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'd rather see ALL the bugs fixed first.

That's never gonna happen. You might as well just prepare for The Sims 5 if you want them to fix all the TS4 bugs before making another pack. 😂

I have never understood why people think sims5 would be bugles :D

I don't know what 'bugles' is supposed to mean here, but I'm just saying that the bugs in TS4 are never gonna be fixed and if we go by them fixing all of the bugs before they release a new pack, there most definitely won't be any new pack. :joy:

But personally, I also wanna hope for the better for something that I've not seen before than see what we have now cuz TS4 is just beyond repair now. Ugh. 😅
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I honestly can't even speculate on a possible theme. I'm in a neutral position, as this year of content has been much like the rest of 2020 - awful. So definitely not excited, but I am curious to see what they've come up with. Like most of said, I think it would be nice to see some bug fixes. This game has always had bugs....but this is the first time I've seen bugs come with a pack like Eco Living and you can't really enjoy what you paid for as the gameplay doesn't work as intended (NAPS, Eco Footprint, etc.). You add in gardening and freelance career is broken, children can't gain adult skills & numerous others I'm missing....it does make me weary about adding a new pack to a very buggy game.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Maybe it's the winter vacation pack. When was it again that they asked us about it? Is it still too soon to expect...? Now would be a good release time anyway because winter is coming.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It's cool to know the exact date, specially now that i can only be in the internet for a few minutes a day :) looking forward!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    It’s possible it will include an occult. SimgurFrost on twitter name has “still redacted” guru frost. It’s was redacted guru frost but iirc last month he changed it to still redacted. It definitely a place holder for a occult, like “spell caster gurufrost”. My bets on it will include an occult

I hope you're right!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

I mean the news about it being confirmed, the other threads are just speculating on the theme (suppose second one sort of mentions the announcement but it doesn't focus on it)
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Im optimistic. Not excited, just optimistic. Maybe curious since Lindsey said it's not going to be anything anyone asked for, so...curious...🤷‍♀️
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'd rather see ALL the bugs fixed first.

That's never gonna happen. You might as well just prepare for The Sims 5 if you want them to fix all the TS4 bugs before making another pack. 😂

I have never understood why people think sims5 would be bugless :D

True lol I don't understand why everyone thinks S5 will be this magical perfect game that'll be completely different to S4 and satisfy everyones wishes. Like it'll still be the same team and it'll still be under the same money grabbing company that loves nothing more than cutting corners.

Plus bugs arent even just a S4 thing. S3 is full of massive gamebreaking bugs that they never bothered to fix, if anything 4 is better at bug fixes. I remember going on 3 a while ago and seeing that the ambitions detective career gave a task that didn't work at all pretty regularly. Ambitions was the second EP, the game went on for 3+ years after and they never bothered to fix it even though it'd be an easy fix. Island Paradise has been renowned for how buggy it is, like buggy gameplay really isn't a S4 exclusive
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Looking forward to the announcement. I'm actually pleased it's been done this way: at least it eliminates the possibility of another 'Country Livin' fiasco with fake leaks and the like. We KNOW it's an official announcement and we KNOW next week's one will be too. This was a much better idea, in my opinion! <3

As for the theme, I'm intrigued. Aside from the possibility of hotels/resorts or a generations-style, I'm a little stumped. Looking forward to the announcement though! <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    For those afraid of a new avalanche of bugs just don't buy on day one. Give it a couple of weeks, or more, and then decide.

That won't work. The avalanche of bugs will come with the pregame patch, and then get worse with the actual expansion. :D
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    I'm looking forward to it!

I don't have a clue what the next EP could be though, there's so little to go on. This is going to be interesting. :lol:
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.