Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pack sale again

SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
There’s apparently another sale going on in Origin
Eco lifestyle is 25% off, while the other EPs are 50%
GPS are 25%, but vampires is 50% off
And SPs 25% off
https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/deals/simssale
Edit: the SW pack is not included in the sale
Ends in 11days and 20hours from now according to the main menu screen in game

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, I've been warming up a bit to the vamp pack. I don't want vamps in my game, but the pack has many nice BB items that would suit well in my oldest nobility homes. Such a pity the sale will probably end before the upcoming pack is announced...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Hm, I've been warming up a bit to the vamp pack. I don't want vamps in my game, but the pack has many nice BB items that would suit well in my oldest nobility homes. Such a pity the sale will probably end before the upcoming pack is announced...

I love vampires, but if you aren't opposed to mods, there are some on modthesims that can help keep vampires out. I'm not quite sure how they work but I know there are some there. MCCC I believe may have an option to help under Occult options too, its another mod. I love playing them myself, but I understand that some don't, hope this helps, and I agree there's really a lot if great CAS and BB items.
    smurfy77 wrote: »

I love vampires, but if you aren't opposed to mods, there are some on modthesims that can help keep vampires out. I'm not quite sure how they work but I know there are some there. MCCC I believe may have an option to help under Occult options too, its another mod. I love playing them myself, but I understand that some don't, hope this helps, and I agree there's really a lot if great CAS and BB items.

Thanks, I'll check that out. Not using MCCC and try to limit mods that need updating at every patch.

I'd like playing vamps as a separate session, but not as a part of my existing 6 years old save. I'd definitely give it a try sometime.
  • amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member

I adore the vampires pack! They’re fun to play with and the BB is great. The good news is the vampire premades and townies do not effect my other saves and I don’t use mods. Sometimes a vampire will knock on your door but they don’t come in of their own will or attack, and if you answer the door they just stay and chat for a bit then leave. They’re harmless.

0IzRxZE.jpg
    Does anyone think there will be another sale soon with 50% off SP? Those sales are rare but it hurts my soul to pay full price or even just 25% off and then see a 50% off sale months later.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    amp107 wrote: »
    Does anyone think there will be another sale soon with 50% off SP? Those sales are rare but it hurts my soul to pay full price or even just 25% off and then see a 50% off sale months later.
    I get you, I’m waiting for a 50% sale on SPs as well😭 it’s a possibility around Black Friday or Christmas maybe. But even then it might be a 25% discount. I’m waiting though until then
    amp107 wrote: »

I adore the vampires pack! They’re fun to play with and the BB is great. The good news is the vampire premades and townies do not effect my other saves and I don’t use mods. Sometimes a vampire will knock on your door but they don’t come in of their own will or attack, and if you answer the door they just stay and chat for a bit then leave. They’re harmless.

Also, I forgot to mention, with the new no trespassing setting on the mailbox there’s an option to disallow vampires specifically from visiting if you don’t even want them to come knocking :)

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member

I got the pack solely for the bb/cas and use the stuff constantly, being a Victorian fan. Vamps aren't nearly the nuisance they were when the pack came out. Still, I have a garlic farm out front at first opportunity, taking advantage of the free ones in the Hollow. 20 or so plants will make any vamp sick and the extra cash from harvests comes in handy.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I've bought Moschino yesterday for the photography and BB items.
    I'm going to buy Strangerville in this sale too...!!
  • BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    I need some help with what packs to get, currently i have:

Cats & Dogs (thought it'd be like previous versions, not a fan of this one)
    City Living
    Eco
    Dine Out (LOVE this one)
    Bowling Stuff

I was thinking, Get Famous, Get Together, Movie Night, Pet Stuff (maybe) - I'd also like University, Seasons. The other stuff packs I'm not sure about, i like realism with sims but i also don't want packs that will break the game (heard Island Living is dodgy) or ruin it (sharing is caring, wish i knew about that one before i bought it). What ones are worth it for game play? I get a lot of mods/fan made items as some of them are stunning so not all that bothered about clothing etc..
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't particularly care for the sale as its the typical prices and I have all the packs I want but I'm happy for everyone whos getting packs in it. :)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @BB0990 I would recommend Pet Stuff at 50% off but maybe not 25%. I have not found the small pets to be enough fun to be worth more than 1/2 price.
    I think Seasons is awesome and has completely altered the way I play so that I have not really taken more than a few weeks off since I started playing with it, as opposed to taking months at a time away from the game prior. Get Together was much better than I expected also, and I use the clubs more than I thought I would. Get Famous can get annoying but if you're really into fame can be worth it and the acting career is one of my favorite part of the game.
    Movie night is currently bugged so maybe don't buy that one until the neverending movies bug is fixed.
    I don't have Discover University so no opinion on that yet.

FYI I play a multi-generational rotational save and am not strictly into realism so my opinions are based off of that type of game play.
    BB0990 wrote: »
    I need some help with what packs to get, currently i have:

Cats & Dogs (thought it'd be like previous versions, not a fan of this one)
    City Living
    Eco
    Dine Out (LOVE this one)
    Bowling Stuff

I was thinking, Get Famous, Get Together, Movie Night, Pet Stuff (maybe) - I'd also like University, Seasons. The other stuff packs I'm not sure about, i like realism with sims but i also don't want packs that will break the game (heard Island Living is dodgy) or ruin it (sharing is caring, wish i knew about that one before i bought it). What ones are worth it for game play? I get a lot of mods/fan made items as some of them are stunning so not all that bothered about clothing etc..

I HIGHLY recommend Seasons before anything else! The changing of seasons and holiday calendar greatly improve gameplay across the board and it has some really nice BB items as well. With Seasons the passing of time in your sims lives actually feels meaningful; everyday is no longer exactly the same.

Get Together is worth it for Windenburg alone- it's a huge world with a ton of usable lots, many new venue types that add a lot of fun, and the club system is really neat. It also has my favorite BB items of any pack (gothic revival and Tudor style).

If you're buying something for the gameplay, definitely go with Season then Get Together.

Discover University has my favorite CAS items which I know you said isn't a deal-maker for you so take that with a grain of salt. It is fun to play if you have your sim live on campus. Off campus is meh. It's nice to be able to give your sims degree traits for instant career growth and big money.

Island Living has not been buggy for me at all. It's a beautiful world that's a lot of fun to live in and take family beach trips to, but otherwise doesn't change the greater across-the-board gameplay much.

I like the fame system in Get Famous because you could have a celebrity from any career/skill, so if you want a celebrity sim it's good. The fame growth can be turned off for sims you don't want to get famous. The active acting career is also enjoyable. Del Sol Valley is a major let down though, I rarely have my sims go there.

Movie Night doesn't really change gameplay and it's currently buggy. I would only get that one for the bohemian BB/CAS items.

I don't have Pet Stuff so can't really comment on that.

Hope this helps :)

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    It's so painful that the packs are on sale but I can't buy them because the server is down!
  • BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    > @amp107 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I HIGHLY recommend Seasons before anything else! The changing of seasons and holiday calendar greatly improve gameplay across the board and it has some really nice BB items as well. With Seasons the passing of time in your sims lives actually feels meaningful; everyday is no longer exactly the same.
    >
    > Get Together is worth it for Windenburg alone- it's a huge world with a ton of usable lots, many new venue types that add a lot of fun, and the club system is really neat. It also has my favorite BB items of any pack (gothic revival and Tudor style).
    >
    > If you're buying something for the gameplay, definitely go with Season then Get Together.
    >
    > Discover University has my favorite CAS items which I know you said isn't a deal-maker for you so take that with a grain of salt. It is fun to play if you have your sim live on campus. Off campus is meh. It's nice to be able to give your sims degree traits for instant career growth and big money.
    >
    > Island Living has not been buggy for me at all. It's a beautiful world that's a lot of fun to live in and take family beach trips to, but otherwise doesn't change the greater across-the-board gameplay much.
    >
    > I like the fame system in Get Famous because you could have a celebrity from any career/skill, so if you want a celebrity sim it's good. The fame growth can be turned off for sims you don't want to get famous. The active acting career is also enjoyable. Del Sol Valley is a major let down though, I rarely have my sims go there.
    >
    > Movie Night doesn't really change gameplay and it's currently buggy. I would only get that one for the bohemian BB/CAS items.
    >
    > I don't have Pet Stuff so can't really comment on that.
    >
    > Hope this helps :)

> @Daephene said:
    > @BB0990 I would recommend Pet Stuff at 50% off but maybe not 25%. I have not found the small pets to be enough fun to be worth more than 1/2 price.
    > I think Seasons is awesome and has completely altered the way I play so that I have not really taken more than a few weeks off since I started playing with it, as opposed to taking months at a time away from the game prior. Get Together was much better than I expected also, and I use the clubs more than I thought I would. Get Famous can get annoying but if you're really into fame can be worth it and the acting career is one of my favorite part of the game.
    > Movie night is currently bugged so maybe don't buy that one until the neverending movies bug is fixed.
    > I don't have Discover University so no opinion on that yet.
    >
    > FYI I play a multi-generational rotational save and am not strictly into realism so my opinions are based off of that type of game play.

Ok, the the consensus is Seasons and Get Together, think that's what i'll go for!!! Thank you!!!
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Do you guys think there is going to be another one this year for sps but with half the price off? I am not in a hurry but i want to know if there is a pattern for sales.
    Mareah wrote: »
    Do you guys think there is going to be another one this year for sps but with half the price off? I am not in a hurry but i want to know if there is a pattern for sales.

Don't know of a pattern, but in the past I think (some) stuff packs were 50% only during one sale. I don't see why that should be before Christmas, I think it last happened in late Winter or Spring. Not sure though :) I'm more focused on sales for EPs and GPs - the discount is bigger money wise. SPs are not very expensive - so 25% or 50% isn't that much of a difference anyway.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    that's great for people who don't have all the packs.
    The sims 4 packs and base games have so many sales.
    grab em when you can.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Mareah wrote: »

Don't know of a pattern, but in the past I think (some) stuff packs were 50% only during one sale. I don't see why that should be before Christmas, I think it last happened in late Winter or Spring. Not sure though :) I'm more focused on sales for EPs and GPs - the discount is bigger money wise. SPs are not very expensive - so 25% or 50% isn't that much of a difference anyway.

Thanks for your input but i have another thing i want to ask about too, bundles are currently 40% off, is this the lowest they go for or is there a stronger sale for them? I have been thinking of making one since i am interested in a pack in each category.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    If you buy one of each pack type at the lowest it ever goes on sale for, the total will be $39.97. Someone posted the other day that the bundle sale price was $41.97. My guess is the bundles don't go cheaper than that. So if you really don't want to wait for newer packs or stuff packs to go on 50% off, the bundle isn't a bad deal as you're only losing $2 over the lowest price.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited October 2020
    I've been taking full advantage of this sale. So far, I've bought Realm of Magic, Laundry Day, Nifty Knitting and Tiny Living. I wanna get Vampires as well, but I'm still on the fence about it with one leg on each side of the fence.

Update: I got Vampires maybe an hour after typing this. Enjoying it so far!
    Post edited by AriaMad2 on
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I just bundled and got Get Famous, Jungle Adventure and Bowling Night. GF for the CAS, JA for the BB, and BN so I can put a couple of bowling lanes in the basement I will build for the Cantina in Journey to Batuu. :D Still considering ROM, but will probably wait since I am not interested in any of the remaining EPs. I'm figuring I'll get it on a 50% sale.
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    It's like the sofa discount store DFS,they always have a sale on no matter what time of year it is. :#