Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month! New Free Content!

Comments

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2020
    Better hold off on buying EP 10. Wait two years and you might get a few items for free in a patch.

Better yet, why not just stop buying the Sims 4 packs altogether? Maybe then they would actually be inspired to fix the game since no one would be buying it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Better hold off on buying EP 10. Wait two years and you might get a few items for free in a patch.

Better yet, why not just stop buying the Sims 4 packs altogether?
    Maybe then they would actually be inspired to fix the game since no one would be buying it.
    See, I can be backhanded too... ;)

Actually that's something I've been wondering for the last six years. 😄
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    I'm currently converting the Rattlesnake Juice bar from Oasis Springs into a Latin restaurant; I'll use the new food recipes from the update, the foods from Selvadorada, and the Latin foods (taquitos, burritos, etc.) from CL. My waitstaff will be dressed in the outfits from the Day of the Dead update a few years back. B) Not sure if I'm going to keep it in Oasis Springs or if I'll move it to Willow Creek or Newcrest.

I love this! Will you be posting it on the gallery when it's complete? Is the version you already have up there?
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Love the idea for the conversion too @stilljustme2. I like to keep the builds they give us but that makes sense there. I'll steal the idea to use in my game or see if you upload later :).

I'll likely upload it if it comes out okay. I had to take out the back curved patio to make room for the kitchen, and expanded it a bit to make room for a bar area. There's also a small front patio with the JA fireplace and some chairs for relaxation, so I'll probably keep it in Oasis Springs where there's no risk of snow. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    bixters wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Oof. A couple pop songs, some recycled and recolored tops (from Get Famous, I think?), and another arm sleeve tattoo. Nothing particular Hispanic-y.

Aside from the recolored tables and chairs tho, the items seem pretty cool. And we're getting new recipes, that's swag and would be great for my Selvadoradian restaurants.

Yeah, with the exception of the tattoo, CAS was definitely oof. Not a lot of resources put in there, but hey, it's free so I'm not going to complain too much. The rest of the items seemed fine. The wall looked really nice and the new food too.

ugaWMgA.png

Also please Maxis, check your audio before you go live.

So they're taking get famous assets and putting them in the base game?... Dear lord. Do they ever learn? Next thing the murphy bed will be arriving in the base game in some ugly colors

Also does anyone have an overview of all the stuff they're adding? I didn't make the livestream

So what you're saying is that you don't want free stuff?

I think Onverser has a fair point. While I think everyone loves free stuff, some of us did spend $40 for Get Famous (I thankfully bought it on sale), and it seems a little fishy to make items from that pack free....
    They could have just used some base game items, or even just made new items?.. It seems to be a thorny issue for this iteration of the Sims.

The key features (fame system, reputation system, perks and quirks, etc.) are still only in GF. I'm not sure anyone bought the pack solely for a shirt. :| I'm okay with the occasional shirt or table re-skinned to offer as free content as long as the main features of a pack remain exclusive. Creating a completely new asset would likely cost enough that they couldn't afford to give it for free. And maybe there weren't any base game items that were suitable; I try to use base game only CAS when I'm creating Sims I plan to upload to the Gallery and it's so hard with how limited the base game is.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Really nice BB stuff! Now maybe I'll finally get around to re-do Selvadorada with some more colourful stuff! Also, I can totally see these things used in more eclectic/Boho builds, would match (or not match) with CL BB <3 I'm very much into the Boho style :)

Would really be nice if the newest stuff could be sorted, because unless you know the names of the new things, they are difficult to find. Even when choosing Basegame only. There is a lot of stuff in basegame!

Thanks (also for the rest of the patch)!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2020
    The build buy looks good although I have a minor annoyance, CAS's recolored assets however are once again a major disappointment. I don't really get Maxis recoloring assets from previous packs and putting them in the BG for free, but even worse doing that whilst trying to sell inclusivity of other cultures. These recolored items aren't a reflection of their culture's traditional clothing style, they are modern jackets and t-shirts with "hispanic" patterns, it might just be me, I'm not hispanic, but it feels a bit inauthentic. If they did that with my country's culture I'd probably give them a bit of a side eye for pulling that. I mean with the jamaican stuff and the muslim stuff they did new assets, so I honestly can't comprehend.

Anyways, I just realized today how gigantic grills in TS4 are...they are really out of proportion when compared to sims and it really bothers me...- that's my minor annoyance.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'd also like to point out, yet again, how low effort in gameplay this team is. TS4 has plantains, however, for some mysterious reason, it didn't cross anyone's mind while coding the recipes to have plantain as a required ingredient to make Grilled Plantain. Just...wow.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'd also like to point out, yet again, how low effort in gameplay this team is. TS4 has plantains, however, for some mysterious reason, it didn't cross anyone's mind while coding the recipes to have plantain as a required ingredient to make Grilled Plantain. Just...wow.

Most of the effort went into the description rather than just pointing to the optionals required. it would also help if the grilled items showed cooking level required in the same tooltip as well.

You can grab some bananas from the correct tree at the right point of year and right place, or you could buy them from a vendor in San Myshuno for considerably more simoleons or buy a seed packet and get them as seeds, in this case the whole fruit and easy to get a hold of. Hopefully in the next patch there will be some optional requirements on these foods.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2020
    Honestly I like the colors and textures better in the patch than the Get Famous ones anyways. I really wish they could hire that tattoo artist to be a game artist. I really like his artwork and style and would be wonderful to see him design more assets for the game especially for his speciality. I grew up with those vibrant colors and had adobe dirt in my backyard. Not the easiest dirt to garden with but makes amazing homes.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Anyone found Filetado-inspired sign, Panama Hat, Huipil or Guayabera that were listed here?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Morkovka wrote: »
    Anyone found Filetado-inspired sign, Panama Hat, Huipil or Guayabera that were listed here?

I think the Filetado sign is the large mural on the wall. I found it in my game, think it was under decorations. I didn't look at the clothes yet, didn't notice that there was also a Panama hat included and they didn't show it in the live stream. All BB items were a pain to locate.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited October 2020
    Not really seeing much, if any use for the content. But that is possibly because a majority of my families are of Scandinavian, Norwegian, German, or Sioux heritage. The lack of bug fixes gain more of my attention.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    I like the BB objects but I don’t understand why they collaborated with a tattoo artist & only gave us one tattoo & cholo style reskins of jerseys. Not my cup of tea. I was expecting beautiful Latin dresses or at least a sombrero hat.

Random fun fact, sombrero is the Spanish word for "hat." So if you were speaking Spanish, all hats are sombreros!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

EA_Joz
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    Here's a bad screenshot of a lot I updated using the new stuff! I used the murals, the pergola, the new grill and the chairs. Love the vibe of all these items. :)
    kYeDEDL.png
    zx95x2y.png

I know this is kind of a silly little thing aswell, but I found that the murals don't clip when you overlap them! That makes me really happy as it adds so much more customisation without my screen going crazy constantly

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I like the build/buy. The CAS are recolors but it's still nice to have new stuff. Although personally I wish they didn't add the freezer bunny on the jackets.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Here's a bad screenshot of a lot I updated using the new stuff! I used the murals, the pergola, the new grill and the chairs. Love the vibe of all these items. :)
    kYeDEDL.png
    zx95x2y.png

I know this is kind of a silly little thing aswell, but I found that the murals don't clip when you overlap them! That makes me really happy as it adds so much more customisation without my screen going crazy constantly
    What is this lot and is it on the Gallery?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @Onverser Nice job! Your lot looks great!

@Dianesims I haven't played with them myself yet, but on the livestream they showed that some of the jackets don't have the bunny.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Finally my sims sit to eat without me telling them to! I love ALL the stuff. Haute Hacienda was a favorite of mine from Sims 3 and this reminds me of that and my foodie sims are always looking for new recipes.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    Gordy wrote: »
    kYeDEDL.png
    zx95x2y.png

What is this lot and is it on the Gallery?

@Gordy I just shared it to my gallery! (same username as here) :)

I finished my conversion of the Rattlesnake Juice bar to La Cucina Restaurante, serving the finest in Latin cuisine.

iMKAL7g.png

Only uses base game, DO (for restaurant functionality), JA (for recipes/decor) and CL (for recipes).

Available on the Gallery under Origin handle justme22 B)