Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the new patch available yet?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Someone please post pictures of the updated skin tones from this patch and the BG hair fixes, the medium Afro was fixed

Here's one of the updated hairs:
    JjnChkK.png

And I think this is the other one? But I'm not 100% sure
    UaXOGhO.png

I'm surprised they didn't fix the giant Afro....?

Yeah, originally I assumed that one was fixed, but when it looked the same in game, I double checked the patch notes and it said medium afro. The December update is supposed to include 2 more updated hairstyles, so hopefully the larger afro will be one of them.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    Was hoping for a garden fix
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm not seeing any fixes on my end except those two hairstyles, the big afro is not fixed yet but I guess it will be.

I can still see the texture problems that GrimCookies pointed out in his video.

asGnMTx.png

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I'm not seeing any fixes on my end except those two hairstyles, the big afro is not fixed yet but I guess it will be.

I can still see the texture problems that GrimCookies pointed out in his video.
    asGnMTx.png

I think the skintones do look better as the patchiness seems less noticeable to me than it did before, but you're right - there are still some issues with it.

Above the nose, as you pointed out, and I see a tiny bit above the mouth and under the nose as well.

XGkxJL6.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Next question: does it break MCCC?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2020
    The first one is a major improvement...! Too bad they can't facelift the gameplay too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2020
    Finally, the bill system was fixed!
    My sims' new bills:
    bills.png
    My sims:
    giphy.gif
    Me:
    giphy.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Aleia1Aleia1 Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2020
    I am currently backing up my game so haven't downloaded the patch yet.

I hope the following indicates a more extensive fix to NAPs than they are actually saying:

'We spent some time tasting… I mean... monitoring yes, Sims’ behavior in regards to Cooking and Baking Cakes pretty much non stop. We managed to correct said behavior, but hopefully, we won’t lose access to the delicious goods.'

This post suggests they could be sorted: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-saved-on/td-p/9351944/page/5.

The 102/109 error with uni orgs also sounds like it has been fixed according to Bug Reports, though it isn't mentioned in the uni section.

I find the facetious tone of the patch notes grating, even if they have fixed more than they are saying.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    My sims' new bills:
    bills.png
    My sims:
    giphy.gif
    Me:
    giphy.gif

* does a happy dance *

Yay! My sims can go broke again. Whee :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    My sims' new bills:
    bills.png
    My sims:
    giphy.gif
    Me:
    giphy.gif

Is that language Simlish?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @catmando830 How did you know? :-P It's czech language.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yep, the blotchy artifacts are still there. It's very noticeable on the deeper skin tones.

Perhaps it's just me, but it doesn't feel like there's any improvement? I'll have to try and find some screenshots before the patch and compare them.
    fAVTN4o.png
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I think they are better than they were, but there are some tones where I can see some blotches as well (the top three darkest, mostly).

And I do have "uncompressed Sim textures" checked off.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2020
    Yep, the blotchy artifacts are still there. It's very noticeable on the deeper skin tones.

Perhaps it's just me, but it doesn't feel like there's any improvement? I'll have to try and find some screenshots before the patch and compare them.
    fAVTN4o.png

It looks ok in my end...but perhaps they are still there somehow, just less noticeable....? I don't know why this would only be fixed for computers in higher settings though...

7e04j0m.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
    The latest patch is bugged, for me anyway! Since the update the mods always remain disabled even after ticking and re-starting. I am sick of updates and patches upsetting game settings, even with other games, sims and apps. If I cant get my mods back, some are my own, then I am finished with Sims 4!
    Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.