Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 has been officially saved.

Comments

• Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    My mind is just BLOWN!
    You're Breathtaking!
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    It's just One Lot and the Rest outside are interactable similar to what JtB had, except this time there are more objects in the public areas.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Are there any townies in there? because the town seems dead.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'll believe it when I see it lol Right now it seems like staged stuff but we'll see. Would be hilarious if he puts Maxis to shame.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    He's still working on it, but it was looking pretty dead. I'm not too surprised honestly, that's exactly TS3's open world problem, however, since it is just a large lot, I'd imagine the sim limit is even smaller here? The car looked to be slower than walking. It also seemed really laggy. I really don't like how you need certain packs to make it work either. Something like this should have been base game IMO, but... I do understand why it's not since there's not much base game to work with. It's certainly ambitious though and no doubt a ton of work. Good for him. I'm sure a lot of people will find some uses for this.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    Are there any townies in there? because the town seems dead.

From what I can gather, I *think* there's only the one residential lot, which is where your sim would live. Other than that, I think it's just rabbitholes. Not certain though, so I apologise if I'm mistaken <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2020
    I didn't have the patience to watch the walk through but a few minutes. It's as someone said above - dark - and all from a great distance away/above.

I didn't either. I just read other's reactions/summary, but I already figured I wouldn't like it. I don't like weird animations or gameplay in my game. They have to be done really, really well or I get annoyed.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I was super excited for this, it looks pretty well done and it is an amazing achievement in itself.

If looks like to access the world as he's made it you HAVE to use his save file. It doesn't seem you can add it to others - you get the blank world in other saves. Which sucks as a lot of people would want to add this to their existing saves. Also you can't actually live there, you just travel kind of like Batuu. I may download it out of curiosity but those drawbacks really limit the use of it for me.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Once again the mod community comes to save a sinking game. We need serious fixes from EA. I wonder what today's patch will break.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I wouldn't call this "saving the game". It does look similar to the way Batuu is designed, except it has way less activity going on because it's pretty empty. I didn't see any other Sims wandering around so it's basically just having a large open area available to one Sim. Or household? Did he say if an entire household can go? I suppose you could create a full, eight Sim household and bring them all there together and that would make it a little better for those who want an open world aesthetic. (I personally don't, I think it's way too clunky and unwieldy in general for The Sims and it creates a lot of lag and performance disruption.)

But it's certainly an impressive effort. Modders accomplish amazing things.
    #Team Occult
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    What i wouldn't give for a nice big open map, from 64x64 to 15x15 empty lots, a nice sea and beach on one side and a big lake on other side with fish in it and a small wooden pier, the whole area is surrounded by trees and some rock formations on the other two sides. The neighbourhood is just one big area with enough for 30 to 40 lots with a few environmental buildings here and there, some small park lands with a few childrens play areas, basketball courts, places to BBQ and seating with some food stalls around.

There is only two ways in and out the area, along the main road near the beach and sims can walk over small bridges to avoid the traffic to get to the neighbourhood and the beach, there are also dedicated bike paths in an around the area as well.

This game could do with another free world for sure with plenty of lots like newcrest.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited October 2020
    I thought I would love it, but I am having second thoughts now that someone said you will need to acquire someone else's save. I use mods and cc but I don't know if I can go far enough to import a save into my pc.
    Post edited by SimsLady2000 on
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    The only thing that will save it for me is a personality trait overhaul.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Where did the OP go? Wish he would come and talk about this more.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2020
    This looks really good you can edit and delete lots and have cars that drive into parking spaces! There is a coffee shop, laundromat and apartment all on the same lot I've been dreaming for this to be implement in the game. It puts San Myshuno to shame imo like I'd never want to play in that world after this. He's even throwing in a blank world!
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    https://youtu.be/ljvfyxcUO9A

Watch till the very end. No words ... this is what the sims 4 should have been all along.

Whoa, wait. I totally would donate/beta test this. This looks like it could be the best of Sims 3 and Sims 4 combined.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    It's a real shame for console players though, they're not going to experience this mod as we PC players do.

This mod is likely going to be one of the top mods of TS4!
  • charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    I believe this open world is amazing. The creator showed it is possible and EA for whatever reason just didn't want to do it. I don't care that it's dark or has jetski animations for cars. The Sims 4 feels like a failure in a many ways and this mod seems to address many of the complaints I have with the game.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,463 Member
    I believe this open world is amazing. The creator showed it is possible and EA for whatever reason just didn't want to do it.

Low end machines.
    The Sims 4 feels like a failure in a many ways and this mod seems to address many of the complaints I have with the game.

I hope you have a computer beefy enough take on the mod. The modder is testing it on a high end machine. If it does indeed work for you, I do hope it solves many of the issues you have with the game.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I believe this open world is amazing. The creator showed it is possible and EA for whatever reason just didn't want to do it. I don't care that it's dark or has jetski animations for cars. The Sims 4 feels like a failure in a many ways and this mod seems to address many of the complaints I have with the game.

Again, I'm not discounting the work he did in setting up the world. It is truly impressive. But the base set up is really very similar to both the Magic Realm and Journey to Batuu neighborhoods. One lot in a huge map with shells and/or rabbit holes. The primary difference, from my point of view, is that the mod has more stuff to interact with inside the shells and you don't need a cheat code to edit the lots, while the official neighborhoods have better lighting and more people (and therefore actually feel alive.) And are less likely to break with game updates.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I believe this open world is amazing. The creator showed it is possible and EA for whatever reason just didn't want to do it.

Low end machines.
    The Sims 4 feels like a failure in a many ways and this mod seems to address many of the complaints I have with the game.

I hope you have a computer beefy enough take on the mod. The modder is testing it on a high end machine. If it does indeed work for you, I do hope it solves many of the issues you have with the game.

I don't really understand why people that want open world so badly don't just play the Sims 3 especially if they have a good enough system to support it. I'm playing the Sims 3 currently and it runs perfectly fine on my desktop which is a few years old now. Is it the graphics that puts people off? I think they actually look pretty good on high settings for an eleven year old game.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Honestly, I'm far more interested in how he managed to build a new world than the open world stuff.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I doubt this is going to be functional, like at all. It sounds like a huge mod that’s going to break every time the developers update the game. Plus it will probably work your computer so hard and probably cause crashing.

Also that trailer sucked. They waited till the end to show off the gameplay and it just kept flashing between different things every .5 seconds
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    He's still working on it, but it was looking pretty dead. I'm not too surprised honestly, that's exactly TS3's open world problem, however, since it is just a large lot, I'd imagine the sim limit is even smaller here? The car looked to be slower than walking. It also seemed really laggy. I really don't like how you need certain packs to make it work either. Something like this should have been base game IMO, but... I do understand why it's not since there's not much base game to work with. It's certainly ambitious though and no doubt a ton of work. Good for him. I'm sure a lot of people will find some uses for this.
    Had he left this base game it would be a open world where you cant do anything Get to Work is being used so you can use retail and shop in the world. I actually like him using the packs to expand the world giving more things to do the Guru's should learn from him and fix their old worlds as new packs come out.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,913 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I don't really understand why people that want open world so badly don't just play the Sims 3 especially if they have a good enough system to support it. I'm playing the Sims 3 currently and it runs perfectly fine on my desktop which is a few years old now. Is it the graphics that puts people off? I think they actually look pretty good on high settings for an eleven year old game.
    I have good enough system to play it, but to me it is the sims. How they look, to me it is the famous budding. I know.. CC.. so far I have not found a single sim from TS3 what to me is NOT budding.

I did consider trying TS3 when my sister offered to buy it for me. I rejected, but was tempted.

Naah, I prefer my TS2UC , and all the cc, mods, high poly hood decos.. what cannot be broken by batches :) Not an open world, true.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina