Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bunk Beds are most likely coming soon!

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Bunk bed are already here. Once again the modding community pulls through

It’s nice that they got it to work, but the animation doesn’t look on par with TS4’s quality of movement,
    If they got that to work there will be no excuse for Maxis.

They can only work with what they’re given, obviously it’s not gonna be at the same level as the actual team....

It could be though. The interactions work fine, this modder just doesn't have access to a good animator (some do).
    It's a matter of personal preference. I usually don't install mods that have mediocre animation because I need everything to look right in my game (what I personally define as 'right').
    But another person can be totally happy as long as the mod satisfies their need for a highly requested feature, without being too fussed about the overall aesthetics. And that's totally fine.
    I'm just not that person. ;)

The animations that she did are the best and farthest an animator has gotten to look the most realistic. So I definitely wouldn’t call this animation mediocre considering there isn’t one better out there....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

It’s nice that they got it to work, but the animation doesn’t look on par with TS4’s quality of movement,

They can only work with what they’re given, obviously it’s not gonna be at the same level as the actual team....

It could be though. The interactions work fine, this modder just doesn't have access to a good animator (some do).
    It's a matter of personal preference. I usually don't install mods that have mediocre animation because I need everything to look right in my game (what I personally define as 'right').
    But another person can be totally happy as long as the mod satisfies their need for a highly requested feature, without being too fussed about the overall aesthetics. And that's totally fine.

The animations that she did are the best and farthest an animator has gotten to look the most realistic. So I definitely wouldn’t call this animation mediocre considering there isn’t one better out there....

Again, this is my personal opinion. The mod looks great! The animation looks...ok. In my opinion.
    I’m just highly critical about that part. I have a professional background in animation, so I guess I set higher standards for what I consider to look good. To me, this looks ok. Can’t help it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I would like the space saving aspect of bunk beds. Two beds in the space of one? Fabulous.

It would also be good to have the option of having a bed above and a desk or workspace below. Or a TV below. Or a sink... toilet... ok, my dream would be to be able to place anything that would fit the space below the bed.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited August 2020

Again, this is my personal opinion. The mod looks great! The animation looks...ok. In my opinion.
    I’m just highly critical about that part. I have a professional background in animation, so I guess I set higher standards for what I consider to look good. To me, this looks ok. Can’t help it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

thepancake1 has created some good animations for custom interaction based on TS2 TS3 for TS4 and they are on TS4 level of quality, so yeah I think it just depends on the creators themselves, though im grateful nonetheless for the modders especially him/her who created bunkbed
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2020
    I just want to say that TS4 is an absolute clownfest of a game, thanks to EA's brilliant decisions. Not only does mobile have bunkbeds, surprise surprise, they are in the exact same style as the furniture on the Tiny Living pack. A pack that should have also included bunk beds, since it's Tiny Living.

I guess they'll charge extra for them in a "My First Small Living Stuff Pack".

And since we are in the topic, mobile also has L shaped couches....
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    I like the idea but it will take them an hour in sim time to get in and out of bed.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    If you dont mind a bit of CC here they are

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

same here. janky animations will immediately put me off from the mod even if it is cool that they did it without professional animator resources.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2020
    why do people want bunk beds so bad? so your sim will struggle to get up to the top bunk and then glitch teleport when they wake up? i just see there being a lot of issues with it. i hate how simmers latch onto one thing and beg for it nonstop until they finally add it to the game and then it's on to the next thing to beg for. before it used to be packs like seasons, pets and university. now it's silly things like bunk beds and burglars.

If you have a largish family but a small house, bunk beds are useful for making sure that all the kids have a place to sleep. You could also retrofit the DU dorms and have more space in the rooms for other stuff or just to move around a bit freer. Or if we get bunk beds, you could also have loft beds that have the bed on top and room underneath to slot something else, like a desk or a dresser; that's also a space saver. They would have been perfect for Tiny Living except that apparently the design and animations are too pricey for an SP. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Kids Stuff. Discover University. Tiny Living. That’s already three packs bunk beds could have came with and would have been well suited for. Missed. Opportunities. Every. Time.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Personally I’d prefer mezzanine beds.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Personally I have no interest in them. I never used them in sims 3 as they were so glitchy in my game. I can understand why simmers want them (a bit like cars another feature I have little interest in) however for me personally there are other stuff I want in the game.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »

That's a pretty impressive animation for a CC creator. Just a shame the bed isn't more maxis match
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

That's a pretty impressive animation for a CC creator. Just a shame the bed isn't more maxis match

And it is a shame that pretty much al cc bunk beds are for toddlers (and the fact that I am a console player)
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    taydev wrote: »
    Kids Stuff. Discover University. Tiny Living. That’s already three packs bunk beds could have came with and would have been well suited for. Missed. Opportunities. Every. Time.

Plus Parenthood and Strangerville (military barracks)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

And it is a shame that pretty much al cc bunk beds are for toddlers (and the fact that I am a console player)

She has bunk beds for both.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    taydev wrote: »

Plus Parenthood and Strangerville (military barracks)

You’re right. It’s a darn shame the list of packs without bunk beds will likely get longer.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Are they though?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    And still no Heartshape Beds & Spiral Stairs.😭
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    They’ll come with a school or teen pack hopefully
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Soon as in four months later? This thread was started in July, this is Oct. lol. How long is soon? Lyndsay said 'soon' when she mentioned news about a new EP, that was over a month ago. It is four months or a month or six years? I want Maxis to define 'soon'. You know those word lists people make at the end of the year? like saying 'you know' lol, I think soon should be added to one of those lists. Like when people want the term 'at the end of the day' added to the list to be discouraged from saying anymore, I think soon should be one of those words or phrases that should be on one of those lists.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Soon as in four months later? This thread was started in July, this is Oct. lol. How long is soon? Lyndsay said 'soon' when she mentioned news about a new EP, that was over a month ago. It is four months or a month or six years? I want Maxis to define 'soon'. You know those word lists people make at the end of the year? like saying 'you know' lol, I think soon should be added to one of those lists. Like when people want the term 'at the end of the day' added to the list to be discouraged from saying anymore, I think soon should be one of those words or phrases that should be on one of those lists.

Maxis isn't the only one that does that. I take the word ''soon'' in videogames with a grain of salt. I hope the bunkbeds get added with the pre-patch for the next EP. I would like to have bunkbeds but I can wait atm. It is still something that should just be added asap because they got so many chances to add it in. It is almost like they forgot about it in some packs.

Bunkbeds would have been a great addition to Tiny House pack, Parenthood, Kids Room Stuff and even the university pack. I don't think it can be patched in because the object would need specific animations. That would probably blow the entire free content budget. What I don't understand is why they never say, look, we can't get the animatons correct and it's too hard and expensive and no we won't be doing this any time soon, like six years ago. This is one of those things that has been requested for six years, it they were interested in doing it, it would have been done by now. Think of how much they are interested in that they add to the game, whether we are interested in it or not.....I think you have a very long wait and maybe never.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Who knows. Maybe this decade? I'm still confused why they weren't the main item in kids room stuff tbh. That was a really stupid decision