Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better sports-realistic sports

Is there a way to get realism in sports that sims partake in i.e basketball, soccor, theres not much animation as far as realistic sport gameplay. It just isnt meaningful and lacks rich gameplay.
Are there sports you would like EA to add where we can view the sims actually playing with other teammates/better animation?

Comments

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I would like gymnastics and wrestling and more in-depth figure skating, soccer/football, and basketball, and fencing, and martial arts, and tennis. If they added more sports, I would play Athletic-type Sims more.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’d love for them to add more sports Sims can play together. I definitely miss volleyball and soccer from previous versions!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd love any sport they could play together without it being a game of taking turns the basketball hoop is a great example of what I don't want.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I would love to see tennis in the game.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I swear I heard from either Grant or Graham that creating teamplay sport involving many players isn't possible in the Sims 4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Tennis should be possible since it’s not much different from ping pong. I can see why large team sports are not possible though due to the limit on the number of sims on a lot.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited October 2020
    I would like that, well I would like more activities that involve more sims in general. But maybe that is not possible in the sims4 engine. I hope that is something that they are considering for the sims5. It would be really fun if you could have sims that play soccer, basketball, baseball or other sports together and you could create teams which could win depending on how good their skills are.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    Tennis should be possible since it’s not much different from ping pong. I can see why large team sports are not possible though due to the limit on the number of sims on a lot.

There's a number of ways that could work. Sim limit is, what? Twenty? Small field soccer for children is played by teams of seven - still under the household limit. Or they could allow teams of four, what would account for two full teams in a single household while still leaving enough room for a couple of visitors. The main problem I see is that it would be a lot of animation work and also taxing on the A.I. to figure out the next moves for up to 16 sims. But I'm really, really tired of two-person soccer.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

There's a number of ways that could work. Sim limit is, what? Twenty? Small field soccer for children is played by teams of seven - still under the household limit. Or they could allow teams of four, what would account for two full teams in a single household while still leaving enough room for a couple of visitors. The main problem I see is that it would be a lot of animation work and also taxing on the A.I. to figure out the next moves for up to 16 sims. But I'm really, really tired of two-person soccer.

You said it in a nutshell, that's the main problem right there, animation for all those sims and the AI.

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member

The game has a limit of 20 sims per zone, so if you have a household of 8, that leaves 12 sims that can spawn in the zone before the game tells them to leave the zone.

I hope that Maxis will look into how you could make more complex animations that requires more sims in the future and also more sims per zone. Like what IO interactive did with their hitman games for example, their previous games had a lot of people walking around but these days they can simulate large crowds of people. Granted, they are only walking around but it's still very impressive.
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Even gameplay like sims 3 soccer was fun...i don't need a team really...just a good gameplay :)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    They could make sports that don't require a whole team of players, tennis, boxing, karate could be done with just two sims. Then there are sports where everyone does the same thing, like cycling, synchronized swimming, which are just like yoga, so they could be included quite easily. In TS2 we had kicky bag that could be played by all the sims on the lot so it's not really impossible to make a sport that requires more sims. It's probably more like too much work for little outcome. Even sports like soccer and basketball could be fun if they allowed it to be played one on one so you could score against another sim.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

They should do teams of 3-4 Sims for things like soccer, basketball, volleyball and so on.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd love some more sports gameplay. Soccer needs improvement for sure, the ball was a good start but nets too please? I'd like to see some ball hockey too, with a net and proper sticks and have sims be able to take shots at one another. Maybe lacrosse. They don't need to be whole teams but something like my brother and I used to do when we were younger with just a net and the two of us. Let these activities be available to all ages (except toddler and baby of course).

Be nice to see some tennis and badminton. Again, it would just be a net with 2-4 sims so it wouldn't be any more taxing than the juice pong.
    Origin ID: Peapod79