Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm livid...

Ok so in playing a rags to recycling challenge and I'm at the marketplace in evergreen harbor I ended up putting my marketplace over by conifer station. So I went to one of the stores put all my items on the stall and was selling stuff well my son ended up getting hungry had to go to the bathroom so I went and got food and I went to bathroom on the same lot. another Sam started going around and clearing tables off and it labeled her as a vendor but she was clearing other Sims tables off. well she ended up coming over to my table and she cleared it off completely all the stuff I had on there gone Even the rare stuff I had on there was gone. checked my Sims inventory It wasn't in there checked my household inventory It was not in there So all my stuff pretty much just disappeared like has anyone else had this issue or knows how to fix this because I'm pretty livid about this... So very annoyed that she just cleared all my stuff an it disappeared... Too me ages to get an craft some of it....

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    Wow! That's rough. I've never had that happen to me. Could it have been the Sharing is Caring N.A.P? It seems a lot of Simmers have had a problem with the N.A.Ps in general. Otherwise, I'm not sure what could have caused that.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    I haven't had a chance to try out a Marketplace community space yet. I should make a note to never leave the table unattended... 🤔
  • jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    edited September 2020
    I had this happen to me at the Sunday Flea market they have. I couldn't believe it, the sale wasn't even over and this woman just came up and cleared my table.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    There seems to be a lot of issues with this EP.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    My sim was at the flea market in CL, set up her table, same thing happened.......before Eco came out (at least in my game). If you walk away from your table before clearing it, someone can come and claim your stuff.

Maybe that's where they got the idea of "Sharing is Caring" :D
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I never use the public yard sale tables anymore for that exact same reason. It happened to me at a Flea market once a long time ago, way before EL was released so it's not an issue with that specific pack. I always have my Sims bring their own yard sale table to use in public areas. It's a shame this happens and I can't trust the public tables since I play Rags to Riches most of the time and would love to use them for Sims that can't afford to buy their own table yet.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    @Danni91 That's just messed up.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Ive had that happen to me long while back, last year, at flea market, after that I only had yard sales
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Thankfully it never happened to me, though I only sell lemonade back then, I would suggest to just delete the offending sims from the game right away for revenge.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    > @smurfy77 said:
    > Ive had that happen to me long while back, last year, at flea market, after that I only had yard sales

Same here. I've also only done yard sales since it happened to me but I hadn't thought about buying my own sales table rather than using the tables provided.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited September 2020
    I haven't had this happen to me because I don't use that feature very often. For offending sims, I keep the TMEX T.O.O.L. handy so I can move them elsewhere. Mostly paparazzi and "Stans" get moved off my lot pronto.

I am curious though, can a playable Sim clear a table like that? I should work both ways after all :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • lousha_lovelousha_love Posts: 45 Member
    I haven't played this feature or eco lifestyle even though I have it. But there was a sim that kept stealing furniture from my house, so I had my sim to beat her up. No, it didn't bring my furniture back, but it helped to release some of the rage I began feeling about this broken feature of sims doing senseless and annoying things. This is just a share :)
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I haven't played this feature or eco lifestyle even though I have it. But there was a sim that kept stealing furniture from my house, so I had my sim to beat her up. No, it didn't bring my furniture back, but it helped to release some of the rage I began feeling about this broken feature of sims doing senseless and annoying things. This is just a share :)

😂😂😂 If they’re going to add in wanton thievery, they definitely need to add a few more forms of revenge.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    All you can do in a situation like that is to exit to Main menu without saving and go back to where you saved last. I "Save as" two copies every time I save and do it often to help with situations like that.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited September 2020
    So I just learned that the sharing is caring NAP isn’t the only thing that causes stealing. If the NAP is off, and a sim doesn’t have the Kleptomaniac trait, they may have the Recycle Desciple trait. These sims will also steal items in order to recycle them if they haven’t recycled in awhile. Since NPC sims have empty inventories they have nothing to recycle and therefore if they generate with this trait they will steal things which may be why the npc sim cleared the sale table. Also if your sim has this trait and doesn’t recycle for awhile they will steal their own stuff or other sims stuff, autonomously.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    So I just learned that the sharing is caring NAP isn’t the only thing that causes stealing. If the NAP is off, and a sim doesn’t have the Kleptomaniac trait, they may have the Recycle Desciple trait. These sims will also steal items in order to recycle them if they haven’t recycled in awhile. Since NPC sims have empty inventories they have nothing to recycle and therefore if they generate with this trait they will steal things which may be why the npc sim cleared the sale table. Also if your sim has this trait and doesn’t recycle for awhile they will steal their own stuff or other sims stuff, autonomously.

They absolutely will. Had to watch Knox like a hawk, all the time, just in case he got "tense" and needed to recycle. I'm tempted to re-trait him, because that trash bag hugging is gross.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited September 2020

I seriously think my degree was easier than this pack :)

@Kathykins

so if I am being very careful (which I will be doing-) then does this mean I need to make sure none of my sims have the recycle trait and the klepto trait to avoid stealing interactions? any more traits i need to avoid? :)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Danni91 wrote: »
    Ok so in playing a rags to recycling challenge and I'm at the marketplace in evergreen harbor I ended up putting my marketplace over by conifer station. So I went to one of the stores put all my items on the stall and was selling stuff well my son ended up getting hungry had to go to the bathroom so I went and got food and I went to bathroom on the same lot. another Sam started going around and clearing tables off and it labeled her as a vendor but she was clearing other Sims tables off. well she ended up coming over to my table and she cleared it off completely all the stuff I had on there gone Even the rare stuff I had on there was gone. checked my Sims inventory It wasn't in there checked my household inventory It was not in there So all my stuff pretty much just disappeared like has anyone else had this issue or knows how to fix this because I'm pretty livid about this... So very annoyed that she just cleared all my stuff an it disappeared... Too me ages to get an craft some of it....

In the past, the cleared items would go into your inventory. I guess it broke at some point.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

I seriously think my degree was easier than this pack :)

@Kathykins

so if I am being very careful (which I will be doing-) then does this mean I need to make sure none of my sims have the recycle trait and the klepto trait to avoid stealing interactions? any more traits i need to avoid? :)

After posting last night, I did a search and it turns out Bienchen has a "no autonomous swiping" mod. Which I must have missed completely, since I've scoured her site and have at least 30 of her mods. I'm going to try that out today. If it functions as I think it does, I can relax a little and not care as much who my sims invite in to their house.

To be honest there are so many traits I avoid, because they don't add anything or they have annoying behaviour connected to them. Most of the traits feel meaningless to me. I always avoid klepto, and now most likely Recycle Disiple and Freegan. The last one especially if I'm NOT going to play a rags sim, and actually buy and furnish a proper house. Most things you buy in BB will make them tense, often with 2 tense moodlets (Bad deal and Consumerism or something). They get good moodlets from dumpster diving, though, and they find some really nice stuff. So that kind of makes up for it :D
    Thanks @Kathykins

I knew about the klepto trait being there but had no understanding of how the recycle disciple or Freeman worked so I will avoid those like the plaque-)

I like several of Bienchen mods however as she is moving or has moved I am aware only a few of her mods have been updated to the latest patch at this time on the following link. I just checked the mods I use from magnetic south and on of them is a no swiping mod but there are other Eco mods you might be interested in so I will link them in case you might find any of them useful.

No Sharing is CaringSwiper No Swiping

https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-sharing-is-no-38213433

No NPC Free Love

https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-npc-free-love-38213275

No Civic Policy Clay Cube

https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-civic-policy-38087684

No Roughhousing Encouraged

https://www.patreon.com/posts/no-roughhousing-38252725

We Don't Wear Bags

https://www.patreon.com/posts/we-dont-wear-38213398

https://www.patreon.com/posts/patch-1-66-and-41275075

No NAP Gardening or Cooking

I have no idea what no NAP cooking actually means but in the spirit of not leaving any mod out that could help me with anything NAP I use it anyway.

I don't think many traits add much to game play either apart from the game breaking kind which are instantly noticeable haha

Also if you use weebesu UI mod it also has a function to change negative emotions back to fine and granted occasionally it has to be clicked on several times sometimes to make whatever negative emotion it is go away it works really well

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-16-26240068

My brain is going haywire at the moment as I was playing 2 yesterday for a little while then jumped into 3 to check something for another player then I came back to 4 and had to sit and think "what the heck was I doing-)
    Hi @Danni91

Apologies I was not intending to hijack the thread. Back on topic I really understand how you feel as despite not having experienced your particular issue I suffered from many other issues that I found were apparently related to NAPS so went and found a bunch of mods to help me listed in the above post and I no longer have any of those issues so perhaps if it is the sharing caring NAP that causes these problems for you as @Pamtastic72 mentions above then I believe if you are not averse to using the no caring is sharing mod from magnetic south that should defo stop those sorts of behaviors in your game.
    @SPARKY1922 Thanks for the links! I'll have a look, and see if there are any I DON'T have yet :D I've used UICheats almost since I started playing in 2017, can't imagine playing without, to be honest. Same with MCCC. They are must-haves.

I've not used any of the market tables in a long time, just once when I did a Rags2Riches Extreme, where my sim could only sell things from those tables, not from inventory. @Danni91 I would probably just have exited without saving, and then load a previous backup save. I don't know if you use mods, but MCCC has an auto-save feature that is quite handy. Its saved me a few times when things go wonky.
    Hi @Kathykins

You are welcome i hope you can find something of use :)

I also use MCC and completely forgot it has an auto save lol I only mentioned the UI mod to you because it was a while before i realized I could get rid of those pesky annoying moods that are hard to get shut of. Such a handy feature that I found by clicking on something inadvertently and that popped up-) :)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Looks like another thing to do is to delete any existing Sims with the Recycle or kleptomania traits at the beginning.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member

Yeah, careful to check your Patchy Scarecrow, the one part of him that comes to life has traits, before I disabled that pack I got one of him with that trait, went thru cheats to full CAS to edit his traits, I had a recycler and wasnt taking any chances, if they go too long they will take stuff and recycle it, be sure to check him or maids, butlers, gardeners anyone could have it and do that potentially too