Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you pronounce Live Mode?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2020
    Live like "I Live"
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Live as in I live because it’s the mode where the Sims get to live out their lives.

Right, this makes the most sense to me because of the other 2 modes. You build in one, buy in the other, and finally: live. The gurus said that's what it means, anyway.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Live like "I Live"
    I previously would have said live like live tv, but at the beginning of the Sims 4 the devs kept calling it live (I live..) mode so I guess that’s the official one. Personally I guess both make sense, but live (like live tv) made more sense to me since that’s the only mode where the game isn’t paused.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Live like "Live TV"
    We're going "live" baby!

I can understand both perspectives, they make sense equally. I chose "going live" because that's just what it does. The game is paused in build/buy mode and in an alternate screen "backstage" in CAS so when you go into the lot to play, you go "live". Plus, when I played Sims 2, I said it out loud a couple of times and that's the one that sounded better to me. :D

I was surprised to find out that the other is officially the correct way. But I don't know if I'll ever get used to it because it's been way too long as "live TV" in my head canon, lol.

I wonder what Will Wright would say?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Live like "Live TV"
    I'm kinda reassured that the majority of people who voted say it like I do.
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited September 2020
    Live like "I Live"
    I used to say Live but the devs say Liv, so I switched over. That was like 18 years of my life as a lie, lol. But now Live sounds weird to me.
    Post edited by BreeNilla on
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Live like "Live TV"
    I have noticed that a lot of younger youtubers and other streamers are calling it "live" as in "I live" but I wonder if its a generational thing (weird because I'm 35). I've noticed it with other streamers besides the sims. All of my nieces and nephews in their teens/twenties have never heard of "live" as in "live tv." Drives me crazy because my nephews kept talking about a "live" music concert they want to go to once Covid is over. They pronounce it as "i live." It blew their mind when I told them the other pronunciation.

Maybe it's a regional thing, because I just asked my daughter (who's 20) if she'd heard any of the people she knows use the "I live" pronunciation when the "live tv" one is expected, and she said no. Not even among the kids she teaches at Taekwondo.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Live like "Live TV"
    LiELF wrote: »
    I wonder what Will Wright would say?

Definitely the opposite of whatever this current crew is saying.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2020
    Live like "Live TV"
    I think also "live mode (tv)" sounds more natural to me and has a better ring to it, liv mode just sounds off. Something about the words together doesn't sound right to me.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Live like "I Live"
    It's "Live", of course, as in to live. You buy, you build, you live.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Live like "I Live"
    I say live like living, because once I am done building and buying my sims and I are ready to get down to living. :D