Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NAPs - What is fixed and what isn't?

I have a few questions about what will happen if I enable NPC voting in my save.

1) If I enable it for one sim week while I am playing in one world, will my other worlds enact NAPs without my participation? Or will they act as they should and not do anything because I'm not playing them?

2) If If I enable it and get a NAP of my choice passed on one world, will it affect my sims in other worlds? Will it make a difference whether they travel to the world with the active NAP or not?

I know how it theoretically is supposed to work, and about the ton of bugs, my question is how is it behaving currently with all recent patches installed?

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    If you have voting enabled, yes Sims in other worlds or neighborhoods can and will vote NAPs in their area. If you do not have it enabled, you can send your Sim to vote or if you use cheats instant enable what you want, but no one anywhere will vote unless you send them if not enabled. Note that if not enabled you may still get notifications about voting but nothing should be enacted, some reason just still says it.

Any NAPs you enact should only affect your own active neighborhood, not the whole world you're a part of, example Evergreen Harbor, if you live there, you see there are 3 neighborhoods, if you enact an NAP in say Port Promise, it will only affect Port Promise but not the other 2 neighborhoods. And as mentioned above, no NAPs will be voted anywhere even outside of Evergreen Harbor if you have voting disabled, unless you manually get your Sim to vote or cheat to.

I know they said they fixed a bug where other Sims were doing things from another world enacted by NAPs where they were from while visiting other neighborhoods or worlds, that is not supposed to happen anymore. I hope this helps. I don't think they have fixed many of those issues left yet, but hopefully soon. Hope you are able to enjoy it. I do know last patch broke Freelance Careers, where you complete tasks needed, even try to turn in and get notification that it should have been successful, but it won't pay you or go away, it stays there. There is a mod, on Modthesims, that can help. ( I think thats the right place where the mod is) good luck.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @smurfy77 Thank you! I play in rotation and I'm just about to go back to the family I plan to move to Evergreen Harbor so I wanted to be sure I had the current info about what would happen.
    I think I will leave voting disabled while the twins are teens and manually cheat in things to make it more industrial, so they can have more of a challenge when they age to YA and want to start working to make it green. And hopefully by then they'll make it so unplayed worlds don't vote something in when I'm not there to participate.
    Thanks for all the detailed info!
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    @Daephene

Since you play rotationally, there's still this issue you need to be aware of: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ECO-NPC-Autonomy-commodities-incorrectly-being-saved/td-p/9351944

Also, if you play an existing save, all Sims that are already bugged will stay bugged. I recommend running Basemental's Stuck NAP fix on your save: https://modthesims.info/d/646194/basemental-stuck-n-a-p-s-fix.html

This should remove all stuck commodities you have a the moment. You can then remove the mod.

If you don't mind playing with mods, I recommend Simvasions Eco Fixes: https://simvasion.com/eco-lifestyle-interactions-fixes/

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

@crinrict Thank you! I turned voting off as soon as I installed the pack so I don't think any of my sims are bugged yet. I was thinking about either voting in (just my sims, without npc voting on) or cheating in some NAPs, so I will be sure to avoid the ones listed in that bug post you linked to. Thanks much!
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @crinrict thank you. I wondered why my one sim would have so many future cubes and clay balls in their inventory.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    @crinrict thank you so much! Seeing more workarounds and such, i may get to play this pack again too
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2020
    It does help that they fixed the biggest bug that was getting all NAPS from all hoods stuck :smile:

Also, from what I can tell, if you don't turn NAPs off, the following hoods vote

- Every Hood in Evergreen Harbor
    - Every hood that has at least one Sim in your my households tab.

Hoods that only have unplayed/unfavorited Sims don't vote. Because of this, rotational players are more affected than single household ones.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

That is pretty much the opposite of what players would want. We want control over our played Sims and more autonomous life choices for unplayed.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Daephene wrote: »
    That is pretty much the opposite of what players would want. We want control over our played Sims and more autonomous life choices for unplayed.

Exactly. The Sims 4 is often very backwards with this. When I want to hire my own Sims I have to choose townies. When I want townies for a random spawn position, they use my played Sims. It's just weird and kind of lacks intuition.
    #Team Occult
  • simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Daephene wrote: »

I think it's that way because if you don't like the NAPs that are voted in, you have a sim in that neighbourhood that can vote to repeal it or is eligible to click on the mailbox and cheat it away.

In a neighbourhood with no played sims, if they voted for NAPs you didn't like there is zero way to get rid of them without moving a sim into the neighbourhood. You can't even travel there and cheat, the sim using the cheat must live in the same hood they are voting in.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited September 2020
    I like the idea of Sims having unknown and unplanned events to contend with, but most of the NAPs are just silly and overbearing.

Edit: They also don’t really affect the Sim in a meaningful way, more so they just annoy the player 😂😂
    @simvasion Ok I see that. But in that case the answer should be no voting at all outside the active household's neighborhood.