Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Wow, you all went out on your builds !!

All Wonderful creations Guys !

Looks like I am out of this one for now..

Every one Awesome jobs !!
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    edited August 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #229 La Casa Dello Splendore
    NAME: djsdragongirl
    LINK TO LOT: mediafire.com/file/8xdu0rgyng01qej/Italiante+3+bd+2.5+b.Sims3Pack/file
    LINK TO MEDIA:https://gfamsonya-blade.imgbb.com/albums
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: Eleganza della Pietra https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9412411
    LEVEL: beginner
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 100 Redwood Pkwy, 30x20, lot $1,200, final $148,387
    LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: The home is an Italian style 3 bedroom 2.5 bath in the main house, with a fireplace, open kitchen/dining area, Office, Laundry area, 2 car garage, swimming pool with fireplace and fountain. The backyard has a Hottub, seating area and many extras. The studio where Eleganza does most of her work has a sculters area and painting area with an All-in-One bath and seating area.

The reason Eleganza has extra $ on her is because of all of the sculptures she has sold. She has a Fine Arts Degree to go along with her skills maxed out for sculpting.

Screenshot-4.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    Post edited by djsdragongirl on
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited August 2020
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #229 -La Casa Dello Splendore
    NAME: suzses
    LINK TO LOT: Not yet uploaded. Will come back later with a link if I put it in my studio.
    LINK TO MEDIA: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmQrPnr6
    OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: N/A
    LEVEL: advanced
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 25 x 30 lot at 118 Foothill Dr. in Starlight Shores - cost: 149,986

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: As posted a few days ago, I did two versions of the front exterior of this home. I have never decided which one to use, so both are in my album above. There are a few comments included under the pictures in the album that you don't see unless you enlarge the pictures in the album and scroll through them. I don't think any of the comments are really necessary to your understanding of the build, though.

In the downstairs, I used a subtle pattern in the wallpaper in just a few spots that was difficult to see in the pictures, so I included one shot zoomed in on the pattern. It's used inside on both sides of the front door, both sides of the door leading to the pool, and the space between the two arches leading to the kitchen. The same wall pattern with pronounced difference in color between background and detail is also used upstairs behind the stairs.

Since there was no mention of family or friends who would be living with Eleganza, I furnished the other two bedrooms as guest rooms, one with a double bed and the other with twins.

This was a fun build with a nice budget :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: N/A

TWITTER TAG: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)
    TUMBLR LINK: (entirely optional but makes it easier for us to tag you)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

Since I included pics of the front exterior in my earlier post, I'll just leave you with the back exterior here.

L'Ispirazione di Eleganza

50283783043_39325bfcc9_b.jpg

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @djsdragongirl - What a great looking home! Really nice job on that! I love it! You made really creative use of space and even had enough left in your budget for a car! Awesome!

@suzses - I always love your soft color palettes and this is no exception. Those cremes really work! I'm especially impressed with the design on your frieze and living room rug, the pop out around the stairs, and wall coverings around the stove and stairs upstairs.
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS229 La Casa Dello Splendore is closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited September 2020
    bxuBTdO.jpg

“Plum storm..” you mutter to yourself, “Why did it have to get so dark so quickly…?” You glower up at the heavy thunderclouds obscuring the evening sun before hurrying off towards your car. An abrupt beam of white light surrounding you stops you in your tracks. “What the..?” Whatever word you were about to say is cut off as the white light becomes blinding.

When your eyes clear, you realize that you aren’t outside anymore. Instead you’re standing in a new room, with soft music playing from somewhere. Sitting on a kind of couch that looks like it was lifted from a pub, is a blue skinned man. For a few moments you just stare at him, absently taking in details like the Star Wars-esque spacer’s outfit, the blaster on his hip and the rapier on the couch next to him.

“Sorry about the abrupt pick up, but I’d rather keep this just between us.” He says, flashing a mischievous smile. “You okay?”

You close your eyes for a few moments, reminding yourself that you’ve dealt with equally weird things. A crime boss. Santa and his wife. An entire village of fairy tale characters. You take a deep breath and put on your professional smile, “Honestly? I could use a drink.” He laughs.

A few minutes later you’re ensconced on the couch with a glass full of some rich alien liquor in your hand. He has one as well and waits until you’ve had a drink of it before he speaks. “My name is Donnell Indigo, and I’ve heard that you’re the best in the area when it comes to satisfying…custom requirements.”

Cautiously you nod, “When it comes to building and interior design, there’s a lot I can do. Are you looking for a landing pad for your ah, space ship?”

“Sort of.” He crosses his legs, sipping his drink with appreciation. “I’m the kind of guy who is very much in demand you might say, and not always by people I’d like to spend time with. I need a place to lie low. This seems like a quiet place and its so far out in Wild Space, its unlikely I’ll have to worry about anyone bothering me about picky little details.”

Unable to resist, you ask, “What kind of picky details?”

“Oh, small things. You know, comforting lonely women who forget to tell me they’re married, unexpected loans of personal property…little things that really aren’t all that important. Still, people get worked up by those kind of things.”

‘Great. A space pirate,‘ You think to yourself. “I understand where that could be complicated.”

“Exactly. And sometimes a guy just needs a little down time. Think you can help me out? I pay well.”

“Depends on what you’re looking for in a house,” you say cautiously. “I make it a point to avoid bothering people with those…picky little details you mentioned.”

“Don’t worry,” he says, raking the fingers of one hand through navy blue hair, “I’m looking for a place to live when I’m here. A bachelor’s pad. Something that’s comfortable with or without female company. But I want it to blend in. I don’t want something that’s going to stand out like a neon sign. I’d like comfortable, loungy furniture. A big masterpiece of a master bedroom and an equally luxurious master bath. I need a secure room in which to store my…souvenirs. And quick, discreet routes out of the house if someone does come snooping around.”

“Sounds doable. How much do I have to work with to make this haven of safety and romance come about?”

Donnell gets up. He comes back with a spaceage briefcase and the decanter of liquor. After topping up your glass, and his own, he opens the briefcase and shows it to you. “Go ahead and count it.”

You nod once you’ve finished counting it, “I can do a lot with this. How will I contact you when I’m done?”

“I’ll check back in with you when I get back in system.”

“Sounds good.”

He smiles over the rim of his glass, trouble clearly being planned in his gaze. “Sounds very good.”

Requirements:

Bachelor pad with loungy furniture

Luxurious master bedroom and bathroom

Camouflaged in some way or other

Treasure Room

Hidden escape routes

Budget: 75,000

Sim Challenge: Create Donnell Indigo, LTW and traits are your choice.
    Challenge due Wednesday, September 30th, 2020, no later than 23:59:59 Eastern Daylight Time/New York time. ]/color]
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    Unfortunately, I didn’t give myself enough time to finish mine. @suzses & @djsdragongirl I love both of your builds! Well done! :)
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    This one is going to be tricky.. but I like it.
    Just one question... (Sim Challenge: Create Donnell Indigo, give him The Curator aspiration, the rest is your choice.) what do you mean by Curator aspiration? Is that like the criminal side (stolen goods) or is it like the art buff? I've been working on the house and now going to get started on Donnell, just want to make sure I get his skills and goals the right way.
    I *think* it's the private museum LTW from WA @djsdragongirl - wanting to have over 20k in collected items from adventures.
    I have edited the sim challenge to remove the LTW requirement, sorry for any confusion.'
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I don't know how many may be working on this. I know you'll come up with something much more inspirational than I did!
    screenshot-7.jpg
    screenshot-8.jpg
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,260 Member

Ok, this is driving me batty so I have to ask... is this a repeat of a challenge in 2015, perhaps in May? I so remember a brief like this cause I made Donnell Indigo as a blue genie and created a home for him in Moonlight Falls. I busted the budget so didn’t officially enter. Am I dreaming thinking this was the same challenge?
    You pegged it correctly @soocoolsim! What a great memory you have!
    Link is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13588658/#Comment_13588658
    It's on page 290. I had to just keep clicking the last page option before the very last ones until I got to 2015. (I thought you could put in a page number and go there, but that wasn't working for me.)
    Yay, thanks for going through the trouble to do this @ciane . Wow, sometimes my memory surprises me lol. So strange I remember some things so clearly and easily forget other stuff ha,ha. I went into my studio and found the build hence the timeframe but my description didn’t reference BnS so it’s totally awesome you found the post. Sure brings back happy memories. My version of Donnell was my fav character for a long time and I loved the house I made for him. Still way over budget even though house prices have gone up over the years 😂
    It was a gorgeous build - I always love brick or stone mixed in with other textures - and your Donnell seemed a real fun character. I loved looking at the other builds too. I hadn't thought of a dive pool as an exit, but I did like my idea of a time machine if he couldn't make it out one end or the other through the hidden bookcases, the locked doors, or the stairs to his rooftop exit and UFO. :dizzy:
    Thank you. Yours is a great idea to use the time machine and multiple means of escape @ciane , and your build colours really blend into the surroundings making it a great hideout 😀
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @BuildnShare ...

Uh ... Is Mr. Indigo bringing his own laptop?
    I can bring it in at 73,031 if he can manage that.

It might be a bit different than what he expected, but a incognito getaway just the same.
    I'll think he'll be happy with the safe room too.

Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    Most individuals travel with a laptop, right? I am looking forward to seeing your version @BlackSand and maybe @soocoolsim is trying her hand another, cheaper version. :wink:
    ciane wrote: »
    Most individuals travel with a laptop, right? I am looking forward to seeing your version @BlackSand and maybe @soocoolsim is trying her hand another, cheaper version. :wink:

Currently upgrading the teleporter to 'Perfect Teleportation'.
    Probably going to upgrade the other appliances and hardware, because I might use the build myself ... :D

50375983971_fae8e5d260_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

It would be great if you’re able to use your build @BlackSand . Looking forward to seeing your creation 😀

@ciane , unfortunately I’ve too much on my plate to enter this month. Still a few days to go so hopefully others participate and keep this thread alive.
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    It would be great if you’re able to use your build @BlackSand . Looking forward to seeing your creation 😀

I'll get it in by the deadline.
    It's nothing fancy, but kind of neat and cozy.

I have had the ... 'When it rains it pours' ... scenario around the house lately.
    The central air unit went out, and replacements have been hard to find with the manufacturers and COVID.
    I need a new roof after some hail and the hurricane, so I have been dealing with all those folks.
    Then the my lawn tractor, finally gave into 12 years of hard work.

The motor is fine, but the deck broke.
    I'll give it to someone who can spend about $650 replacing the deck, and try to find a new one for me.
    And ... I'm getting ready to take the RV to the beach for a week.

Just a bunch of odds and ins to do.
    I'm not complaining, but I've been spending my game time just playing ... :D

Happy Simming!

It definitely does seem to have been pouring there recently @BlackSand! I hope you can get someone out to repair/replace what's needed for your AC. Luckily, the weather has been cooler lately and summer is over.
    edited September 2020
    ciane wrote: »
    It definitely does seem to have been pouring there recently @BlackSand! I hope you can get someone out to repair/replace what's needed for your AC. Luckily, the weather has been cooler lately and summer is over.

Having an RV, I had a cool place to sleep and mess around on the computer, while the AC was out in the house.
    Like I mentioned, I'm not complaining, Hurricane Laura was pretty bad, and there are people in worse shape than me.
    You do what you can, and we all take care of each other around these parts.

Happy Simming!

Official Entry Form #231 – Alien Encounters
    Name BlackSand

Link to Lot https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9416532
    Link to Media https://www.flickr.com/gp/152496322@N04/GA7Zk6

Optional Challenge N/A
    Level Advanced

Lot Size, Address and Final Cost 20x20, 1 Ancient Oak Trail, Dragon Valley, final cost $63,003 (+$800 for lot)

Lot Description The lot is actually placed along a trail/path in the ancient oak grove, located in the Northeast Sector of Dragon Valley.
    It's located there because it is pretty much concealed from view among the large oaks and foot traffic is limited at best.
    The alarm system is on the exterior of the house and will sound as soon as there is unauthorized entry to the lot.

There are three exits on the ground floor and spread throughout the house.
    There is a teleporter in the secure safe room in the basement.
    Plenty of storage space, modern accommodations in the kitchen, and a comfortable amenities throughout.

Constructive Criticism By all means … Knock yourself out!

Credit to Simmers No Custom Content Used … I wouldn’t know where to start acknowledging recognition
    to all the wonderful Sims 3 builders that have helped me develop my style over the years.

Ground Floor

50395789506_0265db5518_k.jpg

Master Bedroom

50395098243_6d916762c5_k.jpg

Happy Simming!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top