Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A patch, a patch, a patch........I hope....

Comments

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes please!! I have the following issues :

- Get Together door and window are glitchy, only the frame is visible.

- My sims keep eating white cake (and given that it’s their exclusive diet, I wonder how they’re not overweight by now).

- Laaaaaaaaaaaaag.

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It’s the console section ?!

I’m sorry, I’m on my phone right now and there’s no way to see which section the topic is from on the mobile version of the forums, all there is is the title, hence maybe why some people, me included, got confused.

They need to improve that.
    Yamsisims wrote: »
    _natalie wrote: »
    @Simburian This is the console discussion section.

I noticed that a couple of people lately have commented about PC fixes. I guess they don't see that this is the console section. We can't do mods and we can't mess with the files like PC players can.

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Yamsisims Yep. I appreciate people just want to help solve a problem, but when you literally CANNOT use mods or functions the PC has and the consoles do not... It gets frustrating. Like, please, PLEASE read the thread and understand what section your in.
    Post edited by _natalie on
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Yes please!! I have the following issues :

- Get Together door and window are glitchy, only the frame is visible.

- My sims keep eating white cake (and given that it’s their exclusive diet, I wonder how they’re not overweight by now).

- Laaaaaaaaaaaaag.

The lag is terrible on PS4 pro and I'm at the point where I assume now that it's not ever going to get sorted.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I have noticed a few times when I'm in Build mode where doors and windows seem to merge with walls and you can only see the frame.

Also, I think it was in this thread some time ago where I posted at how you can't rotate Sims in CAS. It seems it happens only when you import a Sim from the Library into CAS. For some reason it won't let you rotate them.
    2quwd7.gif

• YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Been experiencing another game breaker. I have a Sim that is a doctor. While at work, if he tries to log analysis result (or do anything on the computer for that matter), it crashes the game back to the Xbox Home Page! This computer usage bug needs to be fixed soon!
    Today's patch appears to have some good fixes. However, did not fix computer lag glitch.
    Patch notes here.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Patch notes here.

As I said, I looked at the notes. Good fixes but computer lag glitch not one of them.
    I linked the patch notes for anyone interested in reading them. @Yamsisims It is disappointing how console players are still suffering from glitches fixed weeks/months ago on PC.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Have they fixed the issue where if you put the Front Desk in a home and place a computer on it, the only interaction is to purchase fireworks? I'm nearly finished building a new house for a Japanese teacher graduate and for the study room, I want to use the front desk with extensions.
    2quwd7.gif

edited November 2020
    @adamclark83 I tested this for you. Here were the options;
    It doesn't seem to have been fixed.
    IxZBOrr.jpg
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Thanks.
    2quwd7.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Expect the next patch for consoles Tuesday.
    edited November 2020
    The patch comes out the same day as days before the expansion pack. When will we see the previously mentioned patches that'll fix in-game issues?
    Post edited by _natalie on
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    The patch comes out the same day as the expansion pack. When will we see the previously mentioned patches that'll fix in-game issues?

No EP is out Friday. Patch comes Tuesday.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    UI Scaling for console, for the love of god, I want to be able to play the game without getting a headache after an hour or two of play from reading tiny text. I'm visually impaired and need large text and UI's in the games I play to the point I have to take that into consideration when buying a game.

I want to play the Sims 4 more but between the eye strain and boatload of bugs, I only play for a few days or weeks or at a time.
    @Dragonfire2lm I come back to the game after months away and in three days run into so many bugs I remember why I left. It's dissapointing. It's why I keep asking about patches to fix pre-existing issues, but all we seem to be getting are patches for new packs.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    @Dragonfire2lm I come back to the game after months away and in three days run into so many bugs I remember why I left. It's dissapointing. It's why I keep asking about patches to fix pre-existing issues, but all we seem to be getting are patches for new packs.

I mean, last I checked, there's Get Famous bugs still in the game and it took over a year for Vampires to be playable again so...

Console players really just have to deal with it, we don't have mods and for many of us the Console version is the only one we have access to. So I go back to the game whenever we get new content just for something to do.
    I don't mean to complain, but it simply isn't good enough. EA need to issue fixes to console that pc have had for months.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    Maybe we'll get some console specific fixes with Today's Patch. Really a lot of these issues will be fixed on the PS5 and XBox S Series. Already it's been confirmed that loading screens will be much quicker and the graphics and framerates should be improved as well.
    Already it's been confirmed that loading screens will be much quicker and the graphics and framerates should be improved as well.

Not a fix, just a benefit of a new console. Also, not worth much if the game still crashes or doesn't save your progress.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Had my first crash after the patch. This was my test save, guess i'll start a brand new save later...
    Man I hope this isn't a thing again. I've been crash free and loving it for awhile now.
    Well, they did not fix the computer use glitch. My doctor sim tried to log analysis results and it crashed to Xbox home screen. Also, it is still lagging on the computer use pie menu.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Just crashed randomly while building. Only been in game for 10 minutes. What is going on.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)