Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine out - how to keep staff members happy

PriestessBizarrePriestessBizarre Posts: 1,331 Member
Hi, my Sim has a restaurant. I have given all staff a lot of training, regular praise, done the "check in on" function etc. I try not to make their shifts too long. I give them promotions fairly quickly too. I have bought the perk about motivational speech or whatever it is, but I don't know if that works automatically or if I have to somehow deliver it to them.

Yet they are still never happy - at best, they are neutral.

Wondering what other little tricks I need to use to get them a bit happier.

Comments

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    To be honest I don't think they're supposed to be happy. Only once I've seen a member of staff be labelled as satisfied, basically unless they're heavily overpaid they'll be neutral at best.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    im not sure if there is a happy. but i know promotions and praising them helps keep them from becoming unsatisfied.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    You could try to hire more staff. I think it's 3 waiters and 2 cooks. I once had a waiter complain that he does all the work alone. Also, I don't think they like training because it's done in their spare time. At least this is what my staff always tell me whenever I pay for new trainings for them. :lol:
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    While we're talking about the customers, is there a way to get them to just f***ing sit DOWN and eat, instead of standing around talking? I've got loads of tables and loads of customers just standing around, but I'm lucky if I get six meals ordered/paid for.

Have you tried placing the tables a bit further apart from each other? I have a restaurant with spaced out tables and the customers there never seem to stand up around the tables and talk to each other.