March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle -- Did you know?

14567810...Next

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Love this thread I'm still reading through it😁😁😁 I think this pack didn't get enough credit. I'm still having fun with it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • psusenaspsusenas Posts: 5 New Member
    Hello simmers,
    Tell the programmers:
    I want those abominable NAPs removed!!!!!
    I want kids to learn charisma, mischief, violin,...!!!
    I can't play at all, with all those continuous stumbles.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

@psusenas ... All you have to do is disable the NAPs voting in the game. Whenever a new pack comes out, never play on your original saved game. Test things out by starting a new saved game and try out the pack first. That way if you don't like something you can delete that saved game. Then, start a new save game off of your original saved and start again with what you learned. That is what I always do. I never have any problems and my original saved game remains in tack.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    You know those phone calls where your Sim is asked whether their family member should try for baby? Well, my Sim answered yes, and now her brother is pregnant. He hasn't had the baby yet, but from the moodlets, it's obviously not from an alien abduction. So, careful how your married Sims answer the question.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @psusenas ... All you have to do is disable the NAPs voting in the game. Whenever a new pack comes out, never play on your original saved game. Test things out by starting a new saved game and try out the pack first. That way if you don't like something you can delete that saved game. Then, start a new save game off of your original saved and start again with what you learned. That is what I always do. I never have any problems and my original saved game remains in tack.

This is a good advice for like having a quick play session like a simday or two, to see that everything works technically. But I disagree that ECO its the simmer's responsibility to check whether new content like the "Stealing" NAP causing community lots to no longer be accessible because a NPC stole objects that are required for the lot to work. Hey, I don't expect that to happen at all, because it would mean EA not respecting my 5 years old save. Not respecting community lots that I spent hours to build. I wouldn't put that on the simmers' check list before running their main save. Many of us did not learn about flaws like this until playing the game for weeks and not even then understanding why those lots no longer worked. I'm a bit surprised that EA has not addressed this problem yet. They went way too far having fun while developing the NAPs, not really paying enough attention to the consequences.
    PS: I did disable the entire voting, but I kept some of the NAPs. Wish it was all designed a bit differently, though ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Will getting this EP mess up the whole game even if you start a new save game to test out the EP?
    edited October 2020
    @catmando830 .... I do not have any mods in my game and nor do I every play with them. I don't have any of the problems that Simmers on this forum state they are having with this EP or many of the other issues. I haven't had one EP or anything else from EA that messed up my game. I always start a new saved game anyway so I can discover what I do and don't like and learn about the EP.

@Simmerville ..... When it comes to responsibility and game improvement, everyone is needed. I say this because I've worked with computers all my life and somethings can not be discovered until people start using software or playing games. Why do you think Microsoft is always providing updates and that troubleshooting ones computer is a regular necessity. There will always be things that EA will need to improve and/or provide updates for--that just comes with the territory. Usually games have updates that can fix errors, add content, balance things, etc. Some may not realize that developers (or people on their team) do test and play the game throughout the development process. Developers testing nor external video game testers can compare to hundreds of thousands of players playing a game. The feedback and or issues that these players provide is very useful in addressing issues and fixing bugs. Gamers are incredibly smart and incredibly resourceful.

My company has a feedback form for various things related to new software we use and existing. Things are improved based on user feedback; so, it is no different for games.

Moving forward you should try the method I mentioned if you like. But, if you happen to have mods in your game, you are going to always run into problems. I did not have one person steal something that was required for a community lot or any building for that matter; they only stole other items. Now for people who choose to play with mods, for whatever reason, should not be surprised when they have problems because you do not know if the mod is causing the problem or the game.

Many years ago when the Sims 4 came out I added MC command center and it wrecked havoc on my game. When I uninstalled MC command center, I was still having issues with random Sims getting pregnant and other things related to only MC command center. So, to fix the problem, I deleted all my saves, uninstalled the Sims 4, then re-installed it just to get rid of the issues. I do not care if MC command center is fixed or others enjoy it problem free; I will never put another mod in my Sims 4 game.

I do have CC for CAS only. I don't have any build CC because in my experience that has proved to be troublesome and plus I don't need it. Before any update or install of any Expansion Pack, Game Pack or Stuff Pack, I take my CAS CC out of the mods folder then let the update or new EP, GP or SP install. I then start the game and go all the way in. Last step is to exit the game (do not save under any circumstance), add my CAS CC back to the mods folder. Now, I'm ready to start playing.

I'm a troubleshooter by nature; yet, here is some advice many years ago some tech savvy person from Origin gave me. "Delete your cache files before starting the game every time." They also provided me the link below which provided other files to delete which improved my game. https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Hope this information is helpful, and Happy Simming!

• Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I'm a troubleshooter by nature; yet, here is some advice many years ago some tech savvy person from Origin gave me. "Delete your cache files before starting the game every time." They also provided me the link below which provided other files to delete which improved my game. https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Hope this information is helpful, and Happy Simming!

How would you delete cache files on console tho?

edited October 2020
    @Bearpal64 .... click this link as it explains: https://support.activision.com/articles/deleting-old-files-from-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-consoles

Not sure if there might be some more up-to-date information out there for console players. Personally, I have not played a game on console for awhile now. I play the Sims 4 on my laptop.