Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

1323334353638...Next

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    More from Carl...this is why we like him :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Yn0g4EvAU

More reasons why this pack is a disaster. They limit your gameplay & took away “play how you want”. I never thought I would see a bad pack from the sims team. I also like how the EA team said they disabled townies from generating with Star Wars clothes but when I had the pack I had random townies spawn with the clothing & masks. Another reason I got the refund before anything worse happened lol

How did you manage to get a refund? Origin doesn’t allow it.

steam has a good refund policy.

Well a BETTER one at least. AFAIR if you within two hours of starting the software you bought return it, they honor it, not questions asked. This is not active time tho, it's time period. So if you start it for 10 minutes to see if it runs, then forgot to play it for a day, you are SOL.

I would try anyway. I played a game for an hour but it was too sluggish on my computer. I didn't request a refund for it until two months later and still got it, no questions asked. I love that about Steam!

• KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    So sad...
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2020
    Komura wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's probably a glitch. Every time we get a new game we also get new glitches. I suggest reporting the new glitch.

The issue is the Sims team, including Lyndsey attacked someone on twitter for bringing attention to this at launch. They called him a liar and made him look terrible. They promised this wouldn’t happen, they made multiple posts about how it wouldn’t happen. Now they’re not saying anything at all about it. It’s definitely a glitch but it’s not the glitch that’s the problem, they owe someone an apology for how grossly they treated that person on Twitter.

A sincere apology.

Well this is EA. They "apologized" for something else regarding another game the other day. Basically it was just "We are sorry we got caught". As usual.

EA's description in a nutshell. It has never been about actual caring and listening to us, but only saving face when too much attention is shed on something.
    Skintones anyone?
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I've just been playing and have had not had any Batuu residents or head dresses walking around any of my other lots as NPCs. Was the problem due to a mod perhaps? Mind you, I have 249 of my own Sims in my game so maybe there's no room for them?
    I was so excited about this pack but the more information came out, the more disappointed I became about it. The only thing that kept me interested was being hopeful about the gameplay. But I did become concerned when people noticed that the devs didn't do a livestream on it and that a lot of the game changers didn't get early access to give their review.

And then the word was out about the gameplay - that it's really a bunch of fetch quests, running around to talk, eat and sparring. That's not new gameplay at all! Sims have been able to do those things long before this pack. Some people pointed out that the light saber sparring animations are different, but so what? Sparring with lightsabers makes no impact.

And to make matters worse - this is suppose to be a pack that promotes another popular franchise Star Wars. I would have thought it would have amazing new features but it doesn't! It just makes Star Wars look bad and the pack look like a cash grab.

It's all just really disheartening. 💔

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    So I did ask about sandbox play with the pack and if there are different paths to get there and got this as a response thanks to SimGuruMrE which I thought I'd share:
    "For the story Missions they have to be completed in order, for the story to make any sense this was required, but a host of the non story missions allow for open ended game play allowing for a player to choose how to complete a objective
    Choices of interactions like seduce, bribe, steal or which faction to complete the mission for, we also tried to provide multiple ways to do complete tasks via skills or objects example being to unlock or hack into crates or control panels via droids or programming skill."
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    LOL NO stormtroopers are NOT doing push-ups on the SW planet 😂😂😂 cmon devs, ridiculous!

This game sucks.

I think this screenshot is awesome B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited September 2020
    LOL NO stormtroopers are NOT doing push-ups on the SW planet 😂😂😂 cmon devs, ridiculous!

sims do this all the time, everywhere.
    why wouldn't they? there sims.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    I just want to say I refuse to accept this guy isn't canon in the Star Wars universe:
    latest?cb=20080801062324

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast was the first Star Wars game I played and it was in fact the reason I became a fan of Star Wars.

Kyle!!!!! :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Anyone in the post, does Batuu Pack really cost US$20.00 in Origin? Apparently I find the pack is nearly CAD$30.00 Origin price in Canada. No Joke man. No Joke.

Sheesh, eh? I could get myself a Timmies Timbits 100 pack and a Starbucks frapp and have enough left over to buy a Sims 3 SP at London Drugs. What a friggin' rip, eh?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    (Btw anyone else noticing that r/thesims, that used to be dominated by posts about Sims 4 is basically 90% Sims 3 posts since this pack came out? SO many people reinstalling Sims 3 right now).

I am honestly debating it, might take a little while to get all the nraas mods for optimisation but lord, does that sound more appealing than this mess.

There's a whole bunch of us 3 players there who will help you out if you run into problems.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    (Btw anyone else noticing that r/thesims, that used to be dominated by posts about Sims 4 is basically 90% Sims 3 posts since this pack came out? SO many people reinstalling Sims 3 right now).

I am honestly debating it, might take a little while to get all the nraas mods for optimisation but lord, does that sound more appealing than this mess.

Am now debating buying a computer that can run TS3.

@SimQueenie9 Your computer runs TS4 but not TS3?

Affirmative.

@SimQueenie9 I'm not sure how this is possible since TS3 has lower minimum requirements. Do you know your computer's specs? If you are interested in running the Sims 3 with your current computer maybe you can DM me or post a thread about it. I'm pretty sure someone could help.

Sims 3 is a nightmare to run. You really need a bunch of Nraas mods just to keep it going! Sims 4 is much better in that respect.

I'm not willing to sacrifice gameplay for a "better running game" that's shallow in comparison.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Yeah, I can get more enjoyment out of creating a Sims 3 world out of CAW that resembles Star Wars...and sticking HIM into it.
    DarthMalice.jpg
    Go take a look at some of these.
    https://www.pinterest.com.au/SimsFireWolf/the-sims-3-star-wars/

I'm sorry, but JtB pales in comparison to some of the Sims 3 modders who love Star Wars.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Scobre wrote: »
    So I did ask about sandbox play with the pack and if there are different paths to get there and got this as a response thanks to SimGuruMrE which I thought I'd share:
    "For the story Missions they have to be completed in order, for the story to make any sense this was required, but a host of the non story missions allow for open ended game play allowing for a player to choose how to complete a objective
    Choices of interactions like seduce, bribe, steal or which faction to complete the mission for, we also tried to provide multiple ways to do complete tasks via skills or objects example being to unlock or hack into crates or control panels via droids or programming skill."

None of that is new gameplay though.

Scobre wrote: »

None of that is new gameplay though.
    Depends on the Simmers and their playstyle. Then again City Living which the majority of Simmers' favorite pack had no new gameplay that wasn't already in the base game in it and very YA focused. So funny I have had Sims be arrested just for using the bathroom and shower on a base. I am a builder, gameplay, and playtester and detail-oriented and I use mods and CC. The lightsaber has new animations, the new bots can hack into doors, we haven't had a robot dj trapped before, we haven't had a gambling gameplay yet, spaceships that take off horizontally instead of vertically, and a new currency just to name a few things. I am just finding the gameplay replayability a lot longer than Dine Out which had little to no new gameplay with it which is still stuck with bugs. So far spellcaster Sims haven't gotten bugged in the game from what I am noticing. But I'll continue to break the limits and share my experience. :) I want to try to playtest the other supernaturals too.

Eco Living did have a lot of new gameplay in it and still didn't make people happy because not enough CAS I guess and same with Nifty Knitting which also provided new gameplay. I don't know what type of gameplay people really makes people happy anymore other than party party get drunk and woohoo type. Last year was supernatural focus, people weren't happy, then year before was family focus, people weren't happy. I've just accepted it by now that even years that focus a certain area of playstyle won't work simply because of the base game rather than the DLC that is released each year. But thank you to the negative feedback, I got the gameplay based on that feedback this year with having consequences in the game and balancing emotions out. No regrets for me, but then again Sims forums are in the era of RPGers with social media. Game Changers have a certain role playing they play for free games even the more critical ones like Plumbella have that fear of being too negative will remove them from the program. I think Star Wars pack is very telling of the Resistance being viewed as positive feedback the First Order being viewed as negative feedback and the Scoundrels for the few Simmers like me who have a mix of both.

I haven't come across any pack related bugs myself with the pack so far. Bugs have been related to base game and other packs. I do agree some of the skins don't cover the entire Sim which makes them conflict with certain outfits. Pack reminds me a lot like City Living. I know Simmers asked for a theme park pack and how I am viewing the pack so far is like when I went to Universal Studios or Disneyland. It actually works quite well with the Get Famous pack, City Living, and Get to Work. I do wish we did have more sandbox style packs. Game packs I have noticed are more story driven with the aspirations and the skill trees that guide you down a certain path. So I really hope that Simmers ask for something other than careers and aspirations for expansion packs. It really hasn't helped with adding new gameplay, just adding those guided gameplay elements into the game that often use existing gameplay elements. I have a feeling if Farming is added into a game pack, it might be more story driven. I think if Simmers do want more gameplay in the Sims 4, don't support the small stuff packs. It only ensures that CAS is more important to this iteration over building and gameplay. I am kind of hoping that the Sims 5 does away with stuff packs for good so we can get gameplay focus with packs again like the Sims 1 days.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Ok correction to the above. The arresting Sims is buggy with the pack. So glad to be playtesting this. Bugs adore me. :)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yeah, I can get more enjoyment out of creating a Sims 3 world out of CAW that resembles Star Wars...and sticking HIM into it.
    DarthMalice.jpg

I'm sorry, but JtB pales in comparison to some of the Sims 3 modders who love Star Wars.

I disagree
    more for sim kids and more drama please

I disagree
    Yeah would be cool if there were mods made for the Sims 3 too, but I am enjoying this gameplay I admit. Sad that it doesn't have C3PO in the pack, so that will have to require some CC.
    09-19-20_10-09-41_PM.png
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    @Scobre I think the problem with Eco lifestyle was that the main part of the pack made no sense. The Eco footprint was way to dependent on the build and buy mode (windows, floors etc.) rather than the Sims action which is absolutely illogical.
    The nifty knitting problem was the theme of the pack that was way too specific. The problem wasn't necessarily the pack. It was the fact that it was all about knitting which is a weird thing to want a WHOLE pack for.
    The star wars pack was a little bit of both. It was the theme that people disliked first and then when it came out people disliked the fact that it was badly executed.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
    edited September 2020
    @Scobre I think the problem with Eco lifestyle was that the main part of the pack made no sense. The Eco footprint was way to dependent on the build and buy mode (windows, floors etc.) rather than the Sims action which is absolutely illogical.
    The nifty knitting problem was the theme of the pack that was way too specific. The problem wasn't necessarily the pack. It was the fact that it was all about knitting which is a weird thing to want a WHOLE pack for.
    The star wars pack was a little bit of both. It was the theme that people disliked first and then when it came out people disliked the fact that it was badly executed.
    @SimmerGeorge Interesting. I mean NAPs voting is based on their actions, but I would like an overhaul of the emotions system. Yeah that is a problem with small packs like stuff packs is being focused on one thing. At least with Knitting unlike Cool Kitchens and Spooky Stuff the pack name made sense with the theme. I am a knitter and very crafty person so that could influence my bias towards the packs this year. I also love Tiny home shows. I think that is the awakening part of this year is not so much the themes but how they were executed. I read many negative feedbacks by some most vocal prior to you joining forums about the Muslim update not being trendy or American enough for the Sims franchise. So Gurus did deliver based on that feedback with the Star Wars pack. So there will be a few that will never be happy with the Sims 4 regardless of their feedback, but I am not going to deny that Gurus never listen to the community when they have. It is just how themes were executed based on that feedback that I have noticed upset people. I do think people who don't play more than one Sim in a household, vacations and careers and aspirations will feel too grindy for them. Why I think feedback needs to be detailed and explained clearly to Maxis otherwise we will still get a Star Wars situation again or reception to packs !am fail again. Communication is key and so happy to have you in the community because I do enjoy our discussions together even though some of my hobbies are probably not the norm. Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Sorry in advanced for any typos, typing on a tablet.
    edited September 2020
    DarthMalice.jpg

I agree!

Oh wow, someone did Star Wars in TS2 also!

the sims 2 star wars the force unleashed 3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5LeJLAUWRo

the sims 2 star wars the force unleashed 3 part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0f5d79rCeU

Here's a pinterest page of Star Wars stuff in TS3: https://pinterest.com/beltran4525/sims-3-star-wars/

So making the graphics and world can be done by the simming community. I just wish that the devs had added interesting game play like the force and other stuff instead of making fetch quests and using recycled animations.

edited January 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    CelSims wrote: »
    @logion oh, I have that magic hq in my game! I only downloaded it about 4 days ago, I really like it.

I am not a fan of that one. Most of the magic HQ rebuilds don't take into account that they need room inside to duel or they troop outside every time. Took me quite a while to find one that was practical.

That might be less of a problem with the lots more with TS4's really weird routing in general. Quite often, I've made rooms or lots specifically for my sims to have enough space to perform certain actions, just for them to go outside and do it. This includes magic duels and vampire sparring (and, strangely enough, playing the guitar...and knitting.).

Just another big mystery, right up there with sims walking across the lot to wash dishes in the bathroom, when the kitchen sink is five feet away. Or standing up to eat in the kitchen, when the dining room is next door. "Smarter Sims", am I right? XD

Ha yes, a good half of my mods must be things that fix basic stuff like 'Dont wash dishes where you angry poop'. Spellcasters especially drive me insane, you are in the middle of a room with space enough to wave your arms around, why do you need to go outside to cast Scruberoo? Ugh!

Probably so that you don't get fumigated with the house when they're doing that whatever-the-hell it is that they're doing?
    bixters wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anybody else wishing that the plethora of SW threads were all condensed into just a few? I think there's 25 or more threads between DISCUSSION and PACK DISCUSSIONS devoted to this pack, is that really necessary? Or am I just overly beech'ing because I never wanted the pack?

I'm really super happy it's out, so hopefully the hype dies down soon.

IMO the more threads the better, as long as EA gets the hint that this pack was hot garbage.
    Maybe it’ll inspire them to do better in the future, but that ship might have sailed...

If I hold my breath for that long waiting to see if that happens...
    hold-your-breath.jpg
    ...I'm going to need medical intervention.
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • minininjaminininja Posts: 9 New Member
    This pack was such a failure due to the fact that it was nothing more than a giant advertisement for a poorly done theme park, now had they gone the route of say spellcasters and vampires and let our sims become jedi or sith this pack could have been a home run for those of us into this type of thing.