Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you tidy up your sim's house while they are sleeping or busy?

Comments

• Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    no
    Like many others here, I make my sims clean their own messes.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    no
    No. I try to keep it a bit realistic. They made the mess so they can deal with it. :D
  • Options
    GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    yes
    I do it because while it would take 5 minutes IRL to wash a dish, it takes them an hour! Why waste time on such things when the hand of god can take care of it for them?
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    no
    No, I make them do it. If they leave something where they can't find it, I'll grab it and leave it out for them and scold them for being so careless. Sometimes I really wonder how they managed to stick dirty dishes in places they can't get to - I mean, how can they put it there but can't get it back? Crazy or lazy?
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    no
    Nope. I make my sims clean after themselves.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I don't wait until night -- I do it whenever I don't have orders to give. Keeping all those multiplying water glasses from filling every available surface is a nonstop quest.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    never thought of it
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Nope. Half the fun for me is making my Sims clean. I wish they had more things to tidy up

hahhahahaha put a sink in every room and I bet you would have enough water glasses to tidy up :D I used to get my sims in a routine to clean until I saw a guru drag some dishes to a sink and I have been doing it ever since ;)

haneul wrote: »
    I used to, but now they do it. I think they can manage. It helps that they have a butler.

Only time I really played the butler was with the seven toddler challenge :) I tend to forget about them sometimes ;)

My Sims don’t grab water anymore. I must have disabled the autonomy for this action.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    never thought of it
    Nope. Half the fun for me is making my Sims clean. I wish they had more things to tidy up

Agreed, I don’t think there’s nearly enough to tidy up. In previous iterations, houseplants used to need watering, trash would pile up on the floor if you didn’t take it out (as a matter of fact, all this time and I don’t think my TS4 Sims have ever taken the trash out and it’s never been an issue), there used to be way more puddles and dust piles and dirty counters and appliances.

Sims seem to clean up the two things in the game to clean up. Now it’s just water cups (that seem to only be a problem if they wind up lodged on half walls, high shelves, or in bookshelf nooks) and group meal platters. Bonus: laundry if you use it and patio drink trays that for some reason sour extremely fast.

I still wish Sims could choose not to make their beds up, but I have accepted that this is never coming back.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    yes
    haha yes xD
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    no
    I usually make them do it. I didn't make the mess.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    no
    This game simulates life. My Sims do it. No one comes to my house and picks up after me when I sleep. I keep it as real as possible.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    yes
    Only when I have to, but yes. I prefer not having to, but the way laundry and dishes can pile up in of the grid homes (especially that rely on ladders) I often cannot avoid it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    never thought of it
    Never thought of this 😅😅 but I'm not touching a thing. They need to take responsibility for their own actions 😏
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    never thought of it

Agreed, I don’t think there’s nearly enough to tidy up. In previous iterations, houseplants used to need watering, trash would pile up on the floor if you didn’t take it out (as a matter of fact, all this time and I don’t think my TS4 Sims have ever taken the trash out and it’s never been an issue), there used to be way more puddles and dust piles and dirty counters and appliances.

Sims seem to clean up the two things in the game to clean up. Now it’s just water cups (that seem to only be a problem if they wind up lodged on half walls, high shelves, or in bookshelf nooks) and group meal platters. Bonus: laundry if you use it and patio drink trays that for some reason sour extremely fast.

I still wish Sims could choose not to make their beds up, but I have accepted that this is never coming back.

Oh yea! How could I forget that one?!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    yes
    Yes, but only on occasion, lol. I never helped my single sims clean or repair, you dirty it, break it, you clean and fix it. >:)

My only drawback is when the handiness skill isn't high enough to repair electronics, or it's after a party and there a literally dishes and glasses everywhere and that's when I usually help out. But none of this maid or repairman stuff, pffffft.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    no
    well, sometimes I "help" cleaning up after a party or other gatherings of big groups.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    yes
    sometimes i do. i like to drag food into the fridge and throw stuff in the trash. sometimes my sims will do it and they keep putting the dishes down or the trash down. so even when i make them do it i still sometimes end up cleaning it up for them when they wont do it themselves.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    no
    No, there's not enough time when you have the sleep cycle set to warp speed. ;D
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    yes
    Yes, but only because they wont do it after I've instructed them to or I have to select it 3 or 4 times before they do the action. Specially with washing dishes and it's just annoying.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2020
    yes
    I don't help them while sleeping, speed goes too fast for that. But I will help out in certain situations. For instance if they're doing a marathon cooking session to skill up, I'll drag prepared dishes to the fridge/trash for them so they can keep cooking. I'll drag out a platter of food for toddlers too and then drag it back to the fridge after they grab a serving. If they're having a quick bite to eat while in the red for energy and don't take care of their plate, I'll take care of it for them. Otherwise, I try to train them to take care of dishes/trash themselves.

Also, my Sims have never had a butler or maid, most of them aren't rich enough to afford one. :D The only time they've ever had a nanny was in a toddler challenge. Otherwise, nope. My Sims take care of their own children. Well, except for daycare for babies/toddlers, of course. Never had a gardener either, even with gigantic gardens. I don't trust them. Perhaps it's been fixed, but gardeners in the past would steal your harvestables from what I've read.

I don't often 'replace' anything broken either unless that Sim is very rich, they repair everything. Also, as others have said if a Sim puts down a dish somewhere inaccessible such as a high shelf, or under a computer, I'll take care of those for them too.

Lastly, since I own EL, those Sims always have the action to take care of dishes or trash canceled so I can drag it to their inventory to recycle or use to 'seed' a dumpster for diving when it's empty. I'll drag empty food platters to their inventory from the fridge for those purposes too.

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    no
    I have done it with dishes when they glitched and my sims kept putting them down instead of taking them to the dishwasher. But not normally, no.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    yes
    Wowsers you guys were busy :o It looks like Yes is in the lead for now, aren't we all little mother hen's over our pixel babies hahahahaha. But there is a huge amount of No's too, I can see their sim's being in a good routine to get everything done ;) Thanks all for your comments, very interesting to read :)
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Yes is in the lead for now, aren't we all little mother hen's over our pixel babies hahahahaha.
    You see you’re all too good to them. They’ll never learn anything that way. Discipline is what they need! >:)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    never thought of it
    I should of voted no , but anyway , they mess, they clean :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    no
    As a general rule, no. There is only ONE exception: when they make food for the family and start eating before storing it on the fridge, and with the toddlers, where I leave the plate out for them to grab it and eat. And if the parents cannot get to it inmediately, I store them.

But otherwise, books, dishes, etc...I leave them until I make the sims get them.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums