Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i cant even

13...Next

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    i love many youtubers but i cant even watch star wars let plays i become sick to my stomach cant wait till the next pack i hope it is good

You have been playing sims for a very long time, just like a lot of us have ;) I hope the next pack is something that interest you!
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! We've removed comments that started to derail the thread. Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

EA_Joz
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Well I guess I won’t be repeating everything I‘ve said already. It’s definitely all taken out of context now! :D
    Happy to move on! 🚀
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    For me, Let’s Plays in general have gotten pretty stale, they’re all so copy-catty lately. I can see how it can get annoying when most Simtubers are scrambling to make a “better same” video than the last one and it’s a pack you’re not interested in.

I still do love some of the totally outrageous or unique concepts like Gray Still Plays or Juno Birch. Also anyone who can wield that TOOL mod has my attention lately.
    Yeah they have been that way for awhile. Why I can't stand watching most of them and a lot of the CAS videos too, starts to look too much alike. The builds too start to look the same.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I get the feeling the first person tried to pull of a good old occult vs. family gameplay, assuming that all occult players like the Star Wars pack (which couldn't be further from the truth) while implying that the person is only hating on the pack just because they are a family player.
    That's what it sounds like to me.
    True the whole stereotyping since this pack release has been silly. I mean we both are occult players and have view the pack differently. I am a family player on top of it and oldbie Simmer. We just have different interests. I don't think anyone should be forced to buy or not buy packs. We all have free will and some of us are adults with our own incomes. I just hope the next pack will be something you might enjoy, but who knows what it will be.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Then don't.

You don't have to watch.

You don't have to view Journey to Batuu threads.

There is a dedicated thread for complaints.

There is an entire forum for feedback.

No need to make an eyeroll thread of your own to hate on things other people enjoy.

Know how many "Seasons is overrated" or "I can't stand Celebrity themed packs" threads I have made? Zero.

There's a reason for that. Called manners.
    The irony in this is you came into this thread...

Also, if it was that much of an issue, wouldn't the mods lock it?
    To be fair the pack isn’t that bad and you could use it to make sim kids a Star Wars themed room. You don’t have to bash the pack if you don’t like it ok but most people bought it for possibilities in the pack. It just adds a themed park like place for your sims to visit. If you didn’t want that in your game no one forced you to buy the pack.

"I don't like this" = bashing?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited September 2020
    The only Let's Play type YouTube videos I have watched was to explore a mod I was curious about. When it comes to the game itself, part of the fun I derive from it is to explore what's in the game itself. What I can do, what I can't do, that sort of thing. I really prefer my own hands-on exploration over someone else's. So, I don't watch. Occasionally, I'll watch a review when the link is provided in a thread on this forum. But I am disinclined to seek them out on my own. I like the 'surprise' factor to remain open.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2020
    If people who are having really fun time in the game yet complain about some thread, knowing full well it's a complain thread and still shocked when they find out that it's actually negative thread what did they really expect to read inside? I wonder

I'm having fun in the game, and still enter a complain thread because i also share the same feeling to a few issue, if people arent having any issues then dont click on the negative thread if they didnt want to get their mood spoiled, it's that simple.
    0551f506725ac1deeaa85d46f8b9a5fd.jpg
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited September 2020
    KayeStar wrote: »

"I don't like this" = bashing?

87 threads of "I don't like this"...? Yes, as a matter of fact, at this point it has become bashing and it's getting 🌺🌺🌺🌺 old already.

All you whiners who are constantly creating these new whiny threads about how much you hate the Star Wars pack (because 87 threads just aren't enough) are ruining what has been an otherwise enjoyable forum all these years. Nobody wants to listen to your childishly incessant whining repeatedly day in and day out about the same 🌺🌺🌺🌺 thing, day after day after day.

When it comes to complaints that “ruin what has been an otherwise enjoyable forum,” I’m going to nominate anyone that revealed some pretty suss beliefs revolving around darker skin tones and the addition of hijabs, not people who express their dissatisfaction with a Star Wars pack. 🤷🏽‍♀️