Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which would you prefer for Sims 5?

Comments

• ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    Onverser wrote: »
    I CANNOT be trapped in one world again. If my Sims want to move from Newcrest to the big city, that should be able to without all of my hard work being erased. I will forever hate that about 3 and it's one of the reasons why I struggle going back to it.

You keep repeating the same lie over and over again even when people show you evidence that what you say isn't true. You can go to the hundreds of worlds in TS3 and then come back to your homeworld without losing any relationships or whatever hard work you've left off. Maybe you don't want people to consider playing TS3 because it has so much more to offer than TS4 and that's why you lie about it.

As someone who played Sims 3 for years it's not really a lie, maybe it doesn't apply on all parts but it's not untrue. You lose all your relationships completely when moving to a new town. There's no way of contacting them long distance at all they're just gone completely from your sims life and the relationship panel.

Sure you don't lose all your progress but your sim will have no relationships and they may possibly lose their job when moving to a new town if the career isn't available there so it is like starting again. I've never returned to an old town after moving to a new one so I can't say if that brings relationships back though.

I think their point is that every time you move you have to start again, make new friends, possibly get a new career, etc etc. You can't just call up a friend from another world and invite them to hang out like you can in Sims 4, you have to either move back or lose them completely.

No you keep all relationships and everything when using the Traveler mod whether your active household just visits a world or moves to a new world permanently. That way you can keep contact with friends and relatives from the old world. How can you not know that if you say you've been playing TS3 for years? That is common knowledge.

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other... (explain)
    I CANNOT be trapped in one world again. If my Sims want to move from Newcrest to the big city, that should be able to without all of my hard work being erased. I will forever hate that about 3 and it's one of the reasons why I struggle going back to it.

You keep repeating the same lie over and over again even when people show you evidence that what you say isn't true. You can go to the hundreds of worlds in TS3 and then come back to your homeworld without losing any relationships or whatever hard work you've left off. Maybe you don't want people to consider playing TS3 because it has so much more to offer than TS4 and that's why you lie about it.

As someone who played Sims 3 for years it's not really a lie, maybe it doesn't apply on all parts but it's not untrue. You lose all your relationships completely when moving to a new town. There's no way of contacting them long distance at all they're just gone completely from your sims life and the relationship panel.

Sure you don't lose all your progress but your sim will have no relationships and they may possibly lose their job when moving to a new town if the career isn't available there so it is like starting again. I've never returned to an old town after moving to a new one so I can't say if that brings relationships back though.

I think their point is that every time you move you have to start again, make new friends, possibly get a new career, etc etc. You can't just call up a friend from another world and invite them to hang out like you can in Sims 4, you have to either move back or lose them completely.

No you keep all relationships and everything when using the Traveler mod whether your active household just visits a world or moves to a new world permanently. That way you can keep contact with friends and relatives from the old world. How can you not know that if you say you've been playing TS3 for years? That is common knowledge.

Not everybody uses mods.

If we’re talking about what a game offers we need to talk about vanilla first.
    The sims 3 simply does not offer the freedom of traveling to other worlds beyond WA or Uni without losing relationships and/or jobs if you don’t have that mod installed.
    It’s unfair to call someone a liar over that.

That’s the same thing as calling someone a liar for saying you can’t own a house in any of the TS4 holiday destinations.
    By telling them they do not speak the truth, because indeed there’s a mod for that- does not make for a healthy discussion.
    Console players for starters are unable to use cc and mods.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    Sims 3 all the way. I don't even want or care to travel to other worlds in TS3 except for vacations since they are already big enough and full of variety when it comes to venues and such. Plus we have the freedom to place whatever we want down, even extra lots if they fit into the terrain.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Other... (explain)
    I'd prefer EA not having anything to do with it.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other... (explain)
    A CAW tool.
    At this stage I don’t give a nugget whether this is for open World or open Neighbourhood. As long as it’s Open, Swimmable and Customizable with the option to travel anywhere I like. By car.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Other... (explain)

I think that is the problem, depending on mods in TS3 and TS4 for things that should have been built the way they were in TS2. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    the number of lots you suggested for this option sounds satisfactory to me so i voted for it. I probably would end up just placing my favorite venues and households in one world and only travel to places in the rest on a few occasions, but i do think this option does suit me much more than the others. I really hope they go with this for ts5, i think it seems likely.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination

Oh, really? How do I move my Sims to a new world without losing their relationships without a mod, then?

Don't be rude.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Other... (explain)
    I want a Sims 3 style world with the flexibility to move to other worlds without a mod. I feel that technology and programming should have progressed far enough to allow this to happen in TS5.

As for the size of the worlds I would expect something considerably bigger than TS4. Five or six lots are not enough to satisfy the builders in the community. It also goes without saying that the ability to edit the world terrain should be included.

Finally I would expect a world creation tool and the ability to include these worlds for flexible moving around.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    I would love this, at least there would be some more accessibility to other lots without loading, and more spaces to build on, not just a grid. I liked open worlds before but want to be able to travel to other towns/neighborhoods, gives more options like we have now to creating a good blend of venues and not just same ones everywhere, not to mention having more Sims to meet.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    I want a mixture of sims 3 and 2, open world with better routing, places to go, interesting things to find/discover, and things to do. I want to see flushed out sims who don't just grow old and die, I want to see family move in and out, people getting married, having children, crazy stuff going on in town between townies, random crazy stuff happening in the world that catch you by surprise. The only thing I want from sims 4 is some of the building mechanics like making porches round, move your entire lot after its built if you built to close to the road etc. and honestly that's it. I do not want have to see another loading scream (yes scream cause that's what I want to do every time I see a loading screen) whenever I leave the lot.
    giphy.gif

edited September 2020
    Other... (explain)
    [All people are saying is that in the standard version of Sims 3, you're limited to the world your sim lives in and a few vacation worlds unless you have a mod to change that.

Actually, you're not. From about patch 1.5, Sims can move to a new town ( world ) using the phone or computer. You lose all your friends and family unless they live in the same household, but you do have the option.

Edit - Without mods.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    Pary wrote: »
    [All people are saying is that in the standard version of Sims 3, you're limited to the world your sim lives in and a few vacation worlds unless you have a mod to change that.

Actually, you're not. From about patch 1.5, Sims can move to a new town ( world ) using the phone or computer. You lose all your friends and family unless they live in the same household, but you do have the option.

Edit - Without mods.

That was already clarified in the next sentence of my comment and my previous comments
    Other... (explain)
    Oh I see. Sorry, I skipped over the petty squabbling.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    My 4 Sims almost never go anywhere because I hate loading screens. Hate them. I have since 1. My 2 Sims were homebodies also.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    A game that has re-playability and actual in-depth gameplay as opposed to being shallow and fluffy.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    Combination. It’s not like it’s ever gonna happen anyway at this rate given how the current installment functions. I’m gonna be shocked if it will be better though.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    Other... (explain)
    It doesn't matter if it is a "open world" like TS3 or "closed world" like TS4, either option could be a great game and push the franchise forward or not. What would make a difference are the options available. If TS5 has all interactions and objects EXACTLY like TS2 but with better graphics it will have the potential to be the best version of The Sims franchise. Otherwise it will be just another big disappointment, like TS3 and TS4.
    EA should follow Will Wright's path: Start from what you had and move forward. The Sims 2 was The Sims moved forward. If you try to reinvent the wheel, chances are you will be moving backwards.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    Open style world like Sims3 as the game crashes on loading screens trying to visit places. My sims3 game never crashed as many times as Sims4.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other... (explain)
    I never want small worlds ever again I prefer my Sims 2 worlds with over 100 lots in each. These connected worlds are so annoying any Sim is randomly in every world with Sims 4 you can never have a true community of Sims you see around town not to mention you have to pick and choose what limited buildings are on each so anything like Sims 4 small worlds I do not want at all.

What I do want to see is large worlds with at least 4 neighborhoods of 15 lots each and when you load any of the homes in the neighborhood it is all open world where loading screens are only hit if you want to visit another neighborhood or world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    I no longer feel the need for an open world, but loading from lot to lot is still a pain. I'd much prefer an open neighborhood, and for apartments at least open the buildings so there's no loading screen to visit a neighbor whose a mere 5 steps across the hall.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    I think open neighbourhoods would be a good compromise.
    10-20 lots per neighbourhood would be reasonable, and no loading screen when visiting those lots.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    I love open world! It's not really the cause of lag in The Sims 3. That game just needed to be optimized.

So for The Sims 5 they should make it an open world system with Create A World from the start where simmers can either create worlds of any size and be able to travel to any or all of them. This system is the best because it is scales to the widest variety of computers and with it, you can create huge worlds or smaller linked open neighborhoods if one wishes, making this accessible to the widest variety of simmers!

• valkyrieplaysvalkyrieplays Posts: 22 Member
    Sims 3 Style Open World
    i would definitely want the open world features from ts3... i find that i'm so, so hesitant to travel in ts4 if i'm in a household with multiple sims just because i don't like the idea of ignoring them. i don't like the constant loading screens either... it would be nice to have the open world even within sections of neighbourhoods tbh? like... i like the idea of being in a residential area and just being able to go hang out with neighbours without loading a new screen. or same too with commercial districts. it just feels more immersive to me.
    my simblr
    cc finds
    tumblr challenge directory - can submit challenges, posts of your challenge progress, and promo yourself as long as you participate in challenges!
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Sims 4-3 Combination
    Sims 3's overworld is probably one of the best things about it, I really relish the idea of visiting a neighbor without a loading screen. Sometimes, though, it can be a hassle to look for establishments you want since you have to zoom out and find it. They probably need to streamline it if they want to bring it back in a later game. Haven't played enough of Sims 3 to make the call about overworld traveling though.
    A1hnP0t.png