Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunlit Tides

Is Sunlit tides worth the price and is it a good world for a family to live in? My family is currently living in Sunset Valley but I'm curious if I might prefer the island setting more.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It's one of the most gorgeous worlds for TS3....not sure if it's worth the asking price...I bought the gold version with simpoints from EP's. Many TS3 worlds fall a bit on the expensive side but I love playing in it. Just know that it's also one of the biggest worlds and it takes a while to go from point A to B.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's one of the most gorgeous worlds for TS3....not sure if it's worth the asking price...I bought the gold version with simpoints from EP's. Many TS3 worlds fall a bit on the expensive side but I love playing in it. Just know that it's also one of the biggest worlds and it takes a while to go from point A to B.

Thanks so much. I was thinking I might enjoy it there because in TS4 my favourite world is Sulani. I'm looking to settle my family into a specific world before the family grows and starts branching off into separate households.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Expensive yes, but it's well worth it. I use the travelers mod that way I don't have to choose just one world. Sunlit tides is one of my favorite worlds to play in.
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    You can get Sunlit Tides for 1127 SimPoints if you wait for the Daily Deal Rotation. And if you really want to buy the Gold Edition stuff you can buy Serenity Retreat separately for 513 SimPoints if you again wait for the Daily Deal rotation and with this it is way cheaper than buying the Gold Edition in one go.

In the current rotation list, Sunlit Tides is at number 972 and Serenity Retreat is at number 690 (at its cheapest). We are currently at number 596 so the Serenity Retreat is coming up shortly.

As for the world itself, I like it, it doesn't have performance problems, looks nice has cool looking lots but it doesn't have that many empty spaces to place other types of lots and I place a lot of them so I rarely use this world as a main world and mainly rely on NRaas Traveler to make it into a vacation world instead. Feels way nicer that way.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Expensive yes, but it's well worth it. I use the travelers mod that way I don't have to choose just one world. Sunlit tides is one of my favorite worlds to play in.

Oh I got the travelers mod at the recommendation of some lovely person on these forums. I'm not exactly sure what it does though. Is it possible to have my sims visit different worlds but still live in a different world? I'm a bit reluctant to have them move to an island cause I like all the different weather types.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    I've been shown Sunlit Tides (and Isla Paradiso, Al Simhara, etc.) with winter fully enabled. Global Climate Change, you know. It's very pretty seeing a tropical or desert world with snow, but I choose not to play that way. :)

Among other things, Traveler allows you to vacation your sims to any world you have installed.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/Traveler-FAQ
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    igazor wrote: »
    I've been shown Sunlit Tides (and Isla Paradiso, Al Simhara, etc.) with winter fully enabled. Global Climate Change, you know. It's very pretty seeing a tropical or desert world with snow, but I choose not to play that way. :)

Among other things, Traveler allows you to vacation your sims to any world you have installed.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/Traveler-FAQ

Yeah I think it would be weird to have snow in a tropical paradise. :D

Thank you so much. I'm sure I will get lots of use out of the traveler mod once I'm more familiar with the game and it's mods.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited September 2020
    The world is gorgeous and I love playing in it. I also have a tutorial I've done on YouTube where I added dive lots to Sunlit Tides - but the water is generally too shallow for houseboats and you need to carefully pick a spot to add a dive lot.

Apart from the world being pretty, the rabbit holes are different from the usual.

Here's the school.

School-Sunlit-Tides001.jpg

And Captain Jack's Beach with the Volcano behind - the Criminal Lair is there (small peak to the left of the big one).

Captain-Jacks-Beach001.jpg

City Hall
    City-Hall001.jpg
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    What Berginon said, you can get it on sale by watching the Daily Deals. Yes it is worth it!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    Karritz wrote: »
    The world is gorgeous and I love playing in it. I also have a tutorial I've done on YouTube where I added dive lots to Sunlit Tides - but the water is generally too shallow for houseboats and you need to carefully pick a spot to add a dive lot.

Apart from the world being pretty, the rabbit holes are different from the usual.

Wow it's visually gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing your screenshots.

KevinL5275 wrote: »
    What Berginon said, you can get it on sale by watching the Daily Deals. Yes it is worth it!

I will definitely look into getting it one way or another, I love these kind of settings in the sims.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited September 2020
    Performance-wise I'm really happy with Sunlit Tides, one of my longer games is situated there and I only want a change of scenery because everyone's getting kinda inbred (on its own it's a little low on the premade count and quite a few families are related) It's really beautiful and its Daily Deal sale even more. ;)

Although I like the premium content it's definitely not the big draw of the world and IMO sims are too obsessed with both the sauna and the massage table.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    It absolutely is! Sunlit Tides is my default go to world as it's my favorite and I know it like the back of my hand. Every lot is gorgeous, the sims are gorgeous, the lighting is gorgeous, everything is just gorgeous, lol! I might be a little biased because as I said, it's my favorite but I definitely got my money's worth and then some on Sunlit Tides. I hope you love it, too! <3
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited September 2020
    I played a family of vampires and ghosts in ST and it always tickled my funny bone when I sent Beau out to do things with his family :D I was always careful to send him indoors when he started smoking.
    35028484040_4ff971bb5a_o.jpg
    35314465262_dcc7730991_o.jpg
    35475741111_098d5789b4_o.jpg