Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will The Sims 4 Officially End?

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    Around September 2021. They kill the PC and moved it to a multiplayer console version. Just look what they did to Fallout 76. Multiplayer games make more money and the new consoles replace the PC.

Fallout 76 was a disaster lol No one is even playing that game or buying into the crazy microtransactions. That game alone destroyed any reputation Bethesda had left. EA themselves had awful reception with Anthem. And no one wants that multiplayer garbage in the sims, especially not as a main feature.

But Maxis will never move away from the PC, as a matter of fact, porting things from the pc to consoles is becoming easier.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited September 2020
    I hope tomorrow, though.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Still Unsure
    For those who are impatient wanting The Sims 5 and criticizing The Sims 4:

Don’t knock EA & Maxis down man. Don’t be on ‘em… Talking about ‘Y’all improving The Sims 4’ and ‘when is The Sims 5 gonna come out?’ Y’all gotta understand, it’s a process to put these games out man. COVID Hit us and slows everyone down so they just can’t throw anything out. Y’all wouldn’t accept it if they threw The Sims 5 out right now. Then, y’all wouldn’t support EA & Maxis and The Sims brand. So EA is a quality, high end business and a gaming company. So, Be Patient.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member

Don’t knock EA & Maxis down man. Don’t be on ‘em… Talking about ‘Y’all improving The Sims 4’ and ‘when is The Sims 5 gonna come out?’ Y’all gotta understand, it’s a process to put these games out man. COVID Hit us and slows everyone down so they just can’t throw anything out. Y’all wouldn’t accept it if they threw The Sims 5 out right now. Then, y’all wouldn’t support EA & Maxis and The Sims brand. So EA is a quality, high end business and a gaming company. So, Be Patient.

That made me giggle!

• Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Still Unsure

That made me giggle!

Yeah Funny! But seriously, Let's be grateful to The Sims 4. :smile:
    I'm not grateful that I spent a ton of money for a "quality" product, and yet it's full of bugs that they refuse to fix or even acknowledge. Why should I be grateful for that?

If you bought a new TV and it didn't work when you got it would you be grateful for the manufacturer who made it and just go "Oh well, this was a dud. Better luck next time"? No, I'm pretty sure you would be livid and would be contacting customer service to make it right or refund your money.

So keep that in mind the next time you want to reprimand someone for having the right to expect a "quality" item they purchased!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Before TS5, TS4 needs to be remastered graphically for release to PS5.

Current gen consoles already run the game on ultra settings. There’s nothing to remaster.

It doesn't matter my friend. I'm sure TS4 will be on PS5 while waiting for TS5.

Since both new consoles are backwards compatible with last gen that’s correct, but that’s not a remaster. EA doesn’t even have to do anything for it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Still Unsure
    I'm not grateful that I spent a ton of money for a "quality" product, and yet it's full of bugs that they refuse to fix or even acknowledge. Why should I be grateful for that?

If you bought a new TV and it didn't work when you got it would you be grateful for the manufacturer who made it and just go "Oh well, this was a dud. Better luck next time"? No, I'm pretty sure you would be livid and would be contacting customer service to make it right or refund your money.

So keep that in mind the next time you want to reprimand someone for having the right to expect a "quality" item they purchased!

I agree everyone has the right to expect a quality item. If I purchased a new TV that didn't work I'd return it, purchase a TV from a different manufacturer and never again purchase anything from the first company. I've done that with Shark vacuums and HP computers. Once bitten twice shy. I guess it's different for Sims games as so many on the forum are unhappy and want it to die but continue to purchase.

I agree everyone has the right to expect a quality item. If I purchased a new TV that didn't work I'd return it, purchase a TV from a different manufacturer and never again purchase anything from the first company. I've done that with Shark vacuums and HP computers. Once bitten twice shy. I guess it's different for Sims games as so many on the forum are unhappy and want it to die but continue to purchase.

See that statement right there is the problem tho, because EA has a monopoly on the Life Simulation game, unless you want to play with animals, but a life sim with 3D graphics of human/occult avatars does not exist at this time. So absolutely they can get away with putting out a subpar, buggy game and people WILL keep buying it (hoping it will get better) because there are no other games to buy in this genre.

That's the problem, because if there were, EA would have lost a ton of money by now or stepped up their game.
    Still Unsure

See that statement right there is the problem tho, because EA has a monopoly on the Life Simulation game, unless you want to play with animals, but a life sim with 3D graphics of human/occult avatars does not exist at this time. So absolutely they can get away with putting out a subpar, buggy game and people WILL keep buying it (hoping it will get better) because there are no other games to buy in this genre.

That's the problem, because if there were, EA would have lost a ton of money by now or stepped up their game.

Yeah. Well hopefully those other simulation games on the horizon will offer more options for players of life simulation games.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Here is what I think....The gurus have been very quiet lately the last thing we herd from them was about Star Wars that lets be honest did not sell that well also (from what I here) Eco Life Style was not amazing. So they are committed to EP10 I think this will be the last EP they promised us a 10th EP but nothing after that So I see an announcement just after EP10( if it’s not mountain life I will be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ) about TS5, possibly December or early 2021. I know people will say oh but I spent so much on TS4 but there is always something quite nice about getting a new sims and trying whatever feature they are pushing (hopefully meaningful education) and this time they need to up there game as they have competition from various other companies.There is a rumour Will Wright has a new life simulator in the works as well.

So to summarise EP10 In November announcement of TS5 just after Christmas to maximise sails of EP10.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    Here is what I think....The gurus have been very quiet lately the last thing we herd from them was about Star Wars that lets be honest did not sell that well also (from what I here) Eco Life Style was not amazing. So they are committed to EP10 I think this will be the last EP they promised us a 10th EP but nothing after that So I see an announcement just after EP10( if it’s not mountain life I will be 🌺🌺🌺🌺 ) about TS5, possibly December or early 2021. I know people will say oh but I spent so much on TS4 but there is always something quite nice about getting a new sims and trying whatever feature they are pushing (hopefully meaningful education) and this time they need to up there game as they have competition from various other companies.There is a rumour Will Wright has a new life simulator in the works as well.

So to summarise EP10 In November announcement of TS5 just after Christmas to maximise sails of EP10.

REALLY?!?? Spill the tea! Oh please, it would've great if this is true!

Plus I do hope TS5 get a announced soon!

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited September 2020
    Still Unsure

You do realise that if EA hadn't had the mind to back Will Wrights Sims' game that there probably wouldn't be any simulation type games now? The idea was turned down by all games manufacturers before them as a bad idea. All of the other early contenders weren't good enough to survive after the overwhelming success of The Sims when it first came out. Second life still has a following but it's online.

We have a lot to thank EA for even though their newer CEO's are going in another direction now. Why do you think other manufacturers haven't tried the same idea? Because it is so hard to do and so expensive in manpower.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    Sorry,Simburbian,but that's still NO excuse for EA to give us a subpar game that's STILL filled with bugs and glitches and sub-par gameplay. We pay EA/Maxis money to give us good games...we don't pay them to have them keep giving us pathetic games.People are already talking about switching over to Paralives when the game comes out,and people are already lookin forward to The People of Newbury game and that life sim game that's being planned by Paradox Games. People are even uninstalling Sims 4 to re-install Sims 3,Sims 2 and even Sims 1.

We should not be making excuses for the laziness of EA/Maxis,and we should not have to put up with buggy packs that freeze and crash. We shouldn't have to "thank EA" for a mess of a game.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • LeCastelLeCastel Posts: 21 Member
    Still Unsure
    I voted "Still Unsure" because I do expect The Sims 4 to last a bit longer than just 2 more years.

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited September 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Around September 2021. They kill the PC and moved it to a multiplayer console version. Just look what they did to Fallout 76. Multiplayer games make more money and the new consoles replace the PC.

Fallout 76 was a disaster lol No one is even playing that game or buying into the crazy microtransactions. That game alone destroyed any reputation Bethesda had left. EA themselves had awful reception with Anthem. And no one wants that multiplayer garbage in the sims, especially not as the main feature.

But Maxis will never move away from the PC, as a matter of fact, porting things from the pc to consoles is becoming easier.

I actually like fallout 76. It has come a long way since it launched and they have added some nice features to the game. Also, who is "no one" because any time I enter the game there are lots of other people playing on the maps I load into. I will agree that I would have rather had a better offline version of fallout 4 as I'm not really into multiplayer online games, but with fallout 76 I never have to interact with anyone unless I want to. It has improved the camp/settlement feature that was in the fallout 4 and you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to. I'm almost a level 40 and have spent no extra money on the game. I play lots of events to win caps, atoms, plans, and legendary weapons.

As for the sims 5, I don't want a multiplayer online game. I like to change my neighborhood and worlds. (the limitations of the sims 4 are because it was going to be online) That's why we can't change the worlds or anything in our neighborhoods except for the lots themselves and even those have limitations. The sims are supposed to be what the player makes it and because of all the limitations in the sims 4 and because the sims themselves lack personality (probably because your sims were originally supposed to be you and you are the personality) the game is boring and the sims are repetitive and don't respond correctly to things happening around them.

I also don't expect EA to learn from their mistakes from the sims 4. I hope they do but honestly after what Lyndsey wrote about how she hears us but nothing we want is in the near future I have to ask do they really hear us? I love the sims and I've played since the sims 1 but I don't find the same enjoyment in the sims 4 that I did in the sims 1, 2, and 3. It's not even that the sims 4 is a bad game. In fact, I think they could have saved this game. I can see so much potential to make the game better but instead, they keep fluffing the game with stuff instead of fixing the core problems. The sims need a personality overhaul, they need to have wants and fears, and aspirations that line up with their personality. I want them to have some sort of attraction system, and memories of life, and basic awareness of their surroundings.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Still Unsure
    Gurus announced it would be many years and they never tell us anything anymore, so I believe it. S5 has a place saved, but that might be several years from now. I think since they said many that it will be close to 2024.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    I feel like the Gurus are not being realistic about this. More and more people are having problems every day,and the Gurus choose to plug their ears and say "We'll keep a dying game going for many more years." They are not listening to us,and they are not taking this seriously. If I were on the Sims 4 team and I saw all these problems piling on and people uninstalling Sims 4 to re-install Sim 1-3,that would really worry me.

Let's be realistic here: If Sims 4 struggles just to load one empty 20x15 lot in a totally empty Newcrest,then that should be a red flag that the game engine isn't going to last much longer. People are talking about getting Paralives and other competitors to the Sims,and some aren't even willing to give Sims 5 a chance. It isn't a good sign when Sims fans are giving up on the Sims fandom.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
    Still Unsure
    I feel like the Gurus are not being realistic about this. More and more people are having problems every day,and the Gurus choose to plug their ears and say "We'll keep a dying game going for many more years." They are not listening to us,and they are not taking this seriously. If I were on the Sims 4 team and I saw all these problems piling on and people uninstalling Sims 4 to re-install Sim 1-3,that would really worry me.

Let's be realistic here: If Sims 4 struggles just to load one empty 20x15 lot in a totally empty Newcrest,then that should be a red flag that the game engine isn't going to last much longer. People are talking about getting Paralives and other competitors to the Sims,and some aren't even willing to give Sims 5 a chance. It isn't a good sign when Sims fans are giving up on the Sims fandom.

@Lady_Ballora is that happening in your game?

I'm thinking after EP 10 we're going to see a lot more GPs and SPs over the next two years. In addition to gameplay updates and bug fixes.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    If EA plans to add more content to Sims4 over the next two years, it needs to stop and think about the consequences of overloading an already struggling game engine. I don't care how long they take to finish Sims5. Probably won't buy it anyway. But mistakes were made and those mistakes make a good argument for more time and care being taken with Sims5. Which is probably at least part of the reason why Sims5 has not been announced before now. 2020 has been about testing out new content and trying to find the content that gets the players excited and brings in good sales numbers. Sims4 has been more about experimentation and porting to other platforms than being what many of us consider to be a true life simulator. We know the game engine is weak, but after abandoning the idea of creating Sims4 as an on line multiplayer game, there wasn't enough time or resources left to build one that had the ability to handle more than simple basic features. So we ended up with a very sparse BG the teams have been trying to add to through various updates and patches. And we all know that has not gone well as we then ended up with a ton of bugs, and shallow gameplay features that are far too pack-specific, and don't play well with past packs.

Sims4 has tremendous sales numbers mainly because EA gave away the base game then put all the packs on sale. When the first giveaway was announced it reminded me of the way that happened just before Sims3 ended. I believed then EA was close to announcing Sims5, but it was just a quick and easy way to bring in new players. Sims5 might be close to being finished, but if the gurus are saying they have more content to release, then we're probably looking at another year of Sims4 content. Any new packs need to be a lot better than the ones we have seen this year. I don't hate Sims4. I play it and there are things about it I enjoy. But I probably won't be adding new packs to what I have now. Probably won't be in any hurry to update either. I passed on the one earlier this month, and I don't regret it one bit. Nifty Knitting is the last pack I bought, and unless there are updates planned for personalities, traits, family play and a heck of a lot bug fixes, I am content with my decision to freeze my game right where it is. If EA's teams manage to fix Sims4 before releasing Sims5, I might be more excited about it. But as it stands right now, I am not at all interested in spending money on a repeat of what I have experienced with Sims4.
  • Le0HeartLe0Heart Posts: 154 Member
    Tbh I think the sims 4 should end this year if not next. So they can focus on The sims 5. This game has so many issues, what's the point of creating more?
  • ChatsaChatsa Posts: 13 New Member
    I’m thinking late 2021-early 2022. Besides all the bugs issues that needs to be fixed, I only see the sims team releasing a few more packs before moving on.

Besides, Ts4 has now been (since launch day) developed on for 6 years. - Already longer than any other sims game. I doubt that they will stretch it for much longer.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Still Unsure
    I think a transition to a rebranded new generation makes more sense than a hard break. Just because it is has been done one way before, that does not mean that it should be done that way in the future.

If they come up with an incompatible new version, I'm not sure I'd go on. I'd actually be a lot more likely to switch to a competitor if they make a new version that is completely incompatible with 4.

It just really doesn't make sense to reinvent the wheel though it does make sense to reinvent the color wheel.

I think that an update of graphics and features would make a lot of sense. It just really doesn't make sense to get a new version and wait again for several years for weather & plants, etc. They can add the features that people are wanting now or they can make a compatible upgraded version through a transition. They can use a new name.

I think might even make more sense to have a supernatural spin off or to have different tracks with different branding that can be utilized together as is currently the case but is currently done under one label.

I don't know enough about the back end of the game to know about its limitations at this stage. I just think that a lot of what people are wanting can be added still and there has been a move to try to do that.

Obviously, it's not a game with a completely open world at this stage. They've released packs with larger neighborhoods and fewer screens. It's just hard to please everyone, we do not all want the same things.

I do agree that the focus should be somewhat less childish but some people would not want that.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I think a transition to a rebranded new generation makes more sense than a hard break. Just because it is has been done one way before, that does not mean that it should be done that way in the future.

If they come up with an incompatible new version, I'm not sure I'd go on. I'd actually be a lot more likely to switch to a competitor if they make a new version that is completely incompatible with 4.

It just really doesn't make sense to reinvent the wheel though it does make sense to reinvent the color wheel.

I think that an update of graphics and features would make a lot of sense. It just really doesn't make sense to get a new version and wait again for several years for weather & plants, etc. They can add the features that people are wanting now or they can make a compatible upgraded version through a transition. They can use a new name.

I think might even make more sense to have a supernatural spin off or to have different tracks with different branding that can be utilized together as is currently the case but is currently done under one label.

I don't know enough about the back end of the game to know about its limitations at this stage. I just think that a lot of what people are wanting can be added still and there has been a move to try to do that.

Obviously, it's not a game with a completely open world at this stage. They've released packs with larger neighborhoods and fewer screens. It's just hard to please everyone, we do not all want the same things.

I do agree that the focus should be somewhat less childish but some people would not want that.

They've never made the iterations compatible with each other. However, CC makers have often converted objects from one iteration to another for free.

They've always left previous iterations "as is," but modders have always stepped in where the devs left off, so even though devs will move on to TS5, there will be modders and CC makers still working on TS4, just like with TS3 and TS2.

A good consolation to ending TS4's run is that the mods for it no longer need to keep updating and in a sense, the game becomes "stable" as time goes on and people find ways to fix its bugs or find work-arounds for them.

In other words, it's not the end of the world when an iteration ends. The modders and CC makers, and even its players with the stories and challenges they make up for it will keep it fresh.

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Still Unsure
    2020: Better skintones
    2021: Bunk beds
    2022: Cars
    2023: Farming
    2024: Better babies
    2025: Plum no one was asking for

So around 2026 or 2027 I guess