Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When will The Sims 4 Officially End?

Comments

• chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    I think 2021 will be another normal year for The Sims 4, just like now. I'm guessing that 2022 will be the last year for content releases. There will be an announcement for The Sims 5 in that year and will be released in 2023.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Still Unsure
    I'm honestly not sure, but I think it has a few years left in it. Regardless, I'm going to enjoy the ride as long as I can, and I'm crossing my fingers we receive genies before it wraps up so I can finish my story that has been on hold since I quit TS3. (I need Genies to finish it T_T, though, I might try to fake a genie with a vampire or spellcaster and a whole lot of CC if things start looking dire.) :D:D:D
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hopefully, when Sony releases the new PS5 this Dec. we will get some sort of confirmation from someone about that placeholder for TS5 on PS5, once the new system is actually on the market. Then we should start finding out about any placeholders Sony had up there.

ETA: If there is no other way to find out when this game ends and EA announces the next (TS5) then follow this link. It shows confirmed games coming to PS5. They update it often to write in the actual year the game will be available for PS5. EA has yet to give a date for TS5 but it's in the confirmed list for anyone who hasn't seen this before. Check it often in case we miss any thing. (It may be a way to find out when TS5 will be on PS5 and know the end of TS4) Also, it seems PS5 will be out in Nov. instead of Dec. or maybe even just a few days (Sept.) they will announce that 9/9/20

https://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-5/PS5_Games_List
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Naus wrote: »
    I really hope it ends this year or next year. Like LGR said in his last Sims video, The Sims 4 has far overstayed its welcome. There are massive flaws at such a deep level, I know there's no way to fix them (mainly relating to autonomy, traits and personality). They've done everything they could do with such a flawed base game, in my opinion. It's time to MOVE ON.

PS: People who really think it still NEEDS more stuff to feel complete don't really understand it's lacking at a core level. You can't patch in depth. That's something that needs to be there at a foundational level and as a design philosophy.

More stuff is never going to fix this mess. It gets worse instead of better. This game was bad from the get go.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I think they'll release a few more packs and announce the Sims 5 in mid 2021 at E3 if that is still going to be a thing (With a late 2022 release date). Maybe have a few packs after the announcement. I know they keep saying "many more years" but I can't imagine them keeping the Sims 4 into 2022...
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Still Unsure
    Before TS5, TS4 needs to be remastered graphically for release to PS5.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

That won't happen.

TS5 is scheduled to be on PS5. Not TS4. If the devs haven't improved TS4's game engine or fixed its other core issues and mountain of bugs, what makes you think they will graphically remaster it for PS5?

• NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    I think they'll release a few more packs and announce the Sims 5 in mid 2021 at E3 if that is still going to be a thing (With a late 2022 release date). Maybe have a few packs after the announcement. I know they keep saying "many more years" but I can't imagine them keeping the Sims 4 into 2022...

I really hope you're right. Each pack is worse than the previous one. I can't imagine what packs will be like if this game keeps getting expanded until 2022 or 2023.
    Still Unsure

That won't happen.

TS5 is scheduled to be on PS5. Not TS4. If the devs haven't improved TS4's game engine or fixed its other core issues and mountain of bugs, what makes you think they will graphically remaster it for PS5?

I'm sure it will happen after they fix all bugs in TS4.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

That won't happen.

I'm sure it will happen after they fix all bugs in TS4.

Ah okay! You sit there and wait then! 🤭

• YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited September 2020
    Still Unsure
    I think its either 2023 to 2025... depends on how Sims 5 works. Maybe they are releasing stuff for both and the next series isnt called Sims 5.. and Sims 4 gets a store similar to Sims 3 - just on Origin instead of Packs...
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I’m hoping 2022.

I really do think they need to move on to the next iteration of the series. Hopefully one that is better optimized and they put more care and love into the development of the Sims 5.

That’s what I hope anyways.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • megiraffemegiraffe Posts: 1 New Member
    Still Unsure
    i think they're waiting for what ps5 and new xbox truly capable of. my guess is late 2021 to mid 2022, and maybe at that time they'll recommend SSD following consoles storage.

but still, i'm choosing "still unsure" because how they're selling add-on contents for TS4. :)
  • maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    I think it will end with the end of 2021. I think people are so fed up now. Nothing is getting better and I don't know if people are even excited for new content anymore. Simply bitter and tired of spending $$ to play for 3 hours and not open the game again.

Well, I can't tell if I truly think it will end in 2021, or if that's just when I think it should be. I guess I'm letting my opinion jade my prediction. In all reality, probably 2023 or so.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    Still Unsure
    I'd love to see TS4 reach a 10-year anniversary before they move on to TS5.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    ImSands wrote: »

I don't think Sims 4 is going to even last THAT long. Having a buggy,shallow,glitchy game lasting for 16 years is sure to kill the Sims franchise. I don't think EA/Maxis wants to risk losing money or customers over a game that whose engine shows signs of dying.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited September 2020
    it will end when the ridiculous polls about when will it end...end. . C'mon man, some guy makes a video about it ending this year when developers have even stated that isn't the case. You've taken the clickbait. **oH, and I chose 2020 out of sarcasm and the laugh of it being completely unrealistic**
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Still Unsure
    Honestly, I can't even give a prediction. I just think it's long overdue to be ended. We've all heard the story of how it had a rough start, but truly, it shouldn't have lasted this long with such a fragmented early development process and horribly inconsistencies in pack releases/quality.

I have a strong feeling The Sims 5 is in development now though, with devs like SimGuruGrant working on it.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Still Unsure

I think this is very likely to happen, based on the hints we've been given.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

Current gen consoles already run the game on ultra settings. There’s nothing to remaster.
    Still Unsure

Current gen consoles already run the game on ultra settings. There’s nothing to remaster.

It doesn't matter my friend. I'm sure TS4 will be on PS5 while waiting for TS5.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

By then,people would of moved on to Paralives and People of Newbury.Seriously,though-it's time for people and EA/Maxis to move on to Sims 5. Sims 4 has been around for 6 years already,and more people have stopped supporting the game altogether. After all,why play a game that only is getting worse?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2020
    Still Unsure
    IceyJ wrote: »

By then,people would of moved on to Paralives and People of Newbury.Seriously,though-it's time for people and EA/Maxis to move on to Sims 5. Sims 4 has been around for 6 years already,and more people have stopped supporting the game altogether. After all,why play a game that only is getting worse?

People still play Sims 1, 2, and 3 without moving on. None of those games were perfect and TS4 has only been growing the number of players. That's why its life keeps getting extended. You can wait for Sims 5; it's probably coming eventually. But TS4's gonna be here for a while.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2020
    All I know is that it's been long overdue. TS4 needs to just die. It's been a long drag for 6 years with subpar content and subpar gameplay. The game is starting to get riddled with bugs and it's starting to lag in places too. I hope 2021 is the year EA finally announces TS5. It's obvious at this point that they are just doing filler content cash grabs to stall until TS5 BG ends it's development cycle...that or TS4 is the last of it's kind, which either way I'm fine with, TS franchise is already the villain, they did not let it die a hero, and it's going to get even worse.

I hope that TS5, if it ever comes, isn't another disgraceful distasteful disaster....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Around September 2021. They kill the PC and moved it to a multiplayer console version. Just look what they did to Fallout 76. Multiplayer games make more money and the new consoles replace the PC.