Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Can the Sims team fix this I don't want fake alien masks in regular neighborhoods.119241237_1273795142963821_6575072030137903785_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=lpJ2lRke62UAX9n6NGM&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=586184342505d2cb595eda05a36639a3&oe=5F8520E5

Oh God.. I thought I read somewhere this would not be possible
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited September 2020
    Can the Sims team fix this I don't want fake alien masks in regular neighborhoods.119241237_1273795142963821_6575072030137903785_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=lpJ2lRke62UAX9n6NGM&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=586184342505d2cb595eda05a36639a3&oe=5F8520E5

& they had the audacity to say that this was blocked from spawning on townies lol. Yeah that’s why I refunded ASAP . This was a huge issue for my townies
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm still salty about the Star Wars pack. Like I haven't bought it and it's existence has ruined my once complete collection. I guess at least now I won't feel compelled to buy any future rubbish packs that they come out with. :D
    Same :|
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Anyone in the post, does Batuu Pack really cost US$20.00 in Origin? Apparently I find the pack is nearly CAD$30.00 Origin price in Canada. No Joke man. No Joke.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »

Oh God.. I thought I read somewhere this would not be possible

Technically...I don’t believe the Sims team said it wouldn’t happen, just that we didn’t need to worry about it. 👀
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Anyone in the post, does Batuu Pack really cost US$20.00 in Origin? Apparently I find the pack is nearly CAD$30.00 Origin price in Canada. No Joke man. No Joke.

@Ancaryvan Yes. The price in Canada has been raised. No idea why. Maybe because of Star Wars licencing? But it's true, it's 30$CA in Canada.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    logion wrote: »
    It's weird how people complain rabbit holes in sims 3,but praise it in Sims 4.
    Haha I was always one of those rare weird people who loved the rabbit holes in sims 3. They were so pretty! And I could send a sim off to one of them while I played with another.

I am so conflicted when it comes to rabbit holes, on one hand I understand that not everything can be playable, and why people would prefer to send one sim off to a rabbit hole while playing another sim. On the other hand I feel that we really should not resort to rabbit holes in 2020, I think we should be able to make most things playable in some form or another.

I think what I would prefer is both, you can either send your sim off to a rabbit hole, or follow them and play them. I would have preferred this solution in Discover University for example.

we have had too many rabbit holes in the sims 4 and too m
    logion wrote: »
    I'm not even surprised.

All their packs are on sale too.

6th year anniversary? nah, releasing a new Star Wars pack to draw in customers? Have a sale.

This is honestly SO ANNOYING! TS4 has already been on sale at Steam 2 or 3 times already! TS3? Not at all!!!

I know right an 11-year-old game still for sale at full price :o
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    This was their response to Judith Ward appearing in an alien mask

Clearly the Sims team are either lying or they are completely unaware of what happens in their game. Because random townies popping up in alien masks is NOT supposed to happen.

But of course don't expect bug fixes any time soon :D
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020

From what I saw from Carl's latest video it looks like if an alien from Batuu shows up in your world their everyday outfit is a normal outfit without an alien mask, but when he changed their outfit to for example their workout outfit they still had the alien mask. So maybe that's what is happening here?

And if their coding to prevent aliens from spawning in your world is the same that they use for the sims from Selvadorada for example then I'm pretty sure you can still see them around in your world because from what I can remember some of my Selvadorada sims showed up in my world...

There is also an existing bug where masks and hats get stuck on sims, if you have played Discover University I am sure that you have seen that the head from Foxbury's crab outfit can get stuck on sims so when they spawn somewhere else in another outfit they are still wearing the crab head.

• pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    @SimQueenie9

Nope.. definitely I read it somewhere... Here's the tweet

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    It's probably a glitch. Every time we get a new game we also get new glitches. I suggest reporting the new glitch.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I just knew this was going to happen no matter what they said to the contrary...
  • KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Justin wrote: »

& they had the audacity to say that this was blocked from spawning on townies lol. Yeah that’s why I refunded ASAP . This was a huge issue for my townies

They full on called someone on Twitter a liar and made him look like he was cloutchasing. The audacity...
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's probably a glitch. Every time we get a new game we also get new glitches. I suggest reporting the new glitch.

The issue is the Sims team, including Lyndsey attacked someone on twitter for bringing attention to this at launch. They called him a liar and made him look terrible. They promised this wouldn’t happen, they made multiple posts about how it wouldn’t happen. Now they’re not saying anything at all about it. It’s definitely a glitch but it’s not the glitch that’s the problem, they owe someone an apology for how grossly they treated that person on Twitter.

A sincere apology.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

The issue is the Sims team, including Lyndsey attacked someone on twitter for bringing attention to this at launch. They called him a liar and made him look terrible. They promised this wouldn’t happen, they made multiple posts about how it wouldn’t happen. Now they’re not saying anything at all about it. It’s definitely a glitch but it’s not the glitch that’s the problem, they owe someone an apology for how grossly they treated that person on Twitter.

A sincere apology.

Well this is EA. They "apologized" for something else regarding another game the other day. Basically it was just "We are sorry we got caught". As usual.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    edited September 2020

A sincere apology.

You ever see the three part superhero episodes of South Park where Cthulhu is Threatening the world thanks to an oil spill, and the oil company Is apologizing while laying on their bearskin rug? That’s how I imagine EA apologizes.

Edit: I literally just woke up I can’t type I’m sorry 😂😂
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    What I don't understand is this;
    If they made the feature to not be randomly selected by townies by default then why can't they use that same concept and fix random townie outfits and situational outfits lol.
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    If they made the feature to not be randomly selected by townies by default then why can't they use that same concept and fix random townie outfits and situational outfits lol.

This would be my question and wish too..

What? You mean you don’t like your wedding you spent 3 hours setting up being ruined by Crawdad head Calvin and Wears White Whitney?
    edited September 2020

What? You mean you don’t like your wedding you spent 3 hours setting up being ruined by Crawdad head Calvin and Wears White Whitney?

hahaha of course I love it! :):D (not just in case my sarcasm was not recognized-)
    And!
    Why can't they limit everyone from appearing everywhere all the time. It's not unreasonable to want my Jones family to stay in Willow Creek rather than have them appear EVERYWHERE I go. On vacation there they are
    In the magic realm ... Oh hey guys.
    Sulani? Guess they wanted a beach day too.
    Forgotten Hallow... Oh come on!!!
    @Bearpal64

Again agree. I remember when I first opened Sulani and found Aliens in their true form spawning all over that world. I could not get rid of them from household management either so in the end it was that bad I closed every bar in every world and managed to finally get rid of the problem that way but it took me some time. I even had a couple of wackos from Strangerville wondering around my beaches at one point.. Since then I have tried to design all my worlds with one theme and enough to do so sims living there don't have to travel everywhere too much but it still does not stop all the issues plus the worlds (if anyone can call them that) are so small now that it's almost impossible to fill with all the different lots we might want to use there..
    @SPARKY1922 thank you!
    I'm sorry I'm taking away from the main topic I'll stop. I just got a little ranty. I love TS4 I do I promise lol.
    @Bearpal64

No worries I am sure I consider Batuu alien headgear appearing in other worlds staying on topic -) These days for me (apart from patch issues) is the worry concerning new headgear and clothes parading all over my worlds where I don't want them to every time I hear a new pack is coming out and what I might have to do to minimize or get rid of that..

It's okay to love S4 and not to love it either. we are all different in our individual approaches. I don't love it but play it sometimes for very different reason to my S2 & S3 game otherwise I would just not buy it at all :)