Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite music/genre from TS4?

What genres are your favorite in TS4? Or is music not your thing when playing?

My personal faves are the house music at the club from Get Together, and "strange tunes" from Strangerville--there's some really cool surf rock-sounding tunes in there.

Which ones do you like?

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I just use whichever one the Sim I’m playing wants to hear. Right now I’m playing a lot of Sims who like jazz and classical.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    New Age from spa day
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    My favorites are Strange Tunes, Summer Strut, Backyard, Americana, Spooky and Jazz and Retro.
    I do have my sims listen though based on their personality sometimes so my Hannibal character usually listens to classical, and baroque. My lover types might listen to romance or latin depending. New Age might have it's place .. ect.
    Sometimes I just let them choose though so I can listen to stuff I might not pick or to see if it's completely out of character to what I think they should pick.
    Music and sounds in the game are very appealing to me in general.
    egTcBMc.png
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2020
    My main sim and I are both music lovers. His favourite radio stations are Classical, Baroque and Jazz, so I listen to those a lot. He also dances with his toddler to the Kids station, which is super cute. He likes listening to Talk Radio too and will probably like Focus once I get Nifty Knitting. I'm hoping R&B, Soul, Showtunes and Opera are eventually added for him to enjoy as well.

I also really like listening to Retro for the nostalgia, Summer Strut, and Spooky. I'm looking forward to hearing Metal.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    METAL, Strange Tunes and Retro.
    Retro might be my absolute fave though, it's so nostalgic and I used to love the build/buy and CAS music in the old games.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I stick to spooky and Alternative, but I also have a lot of custom music added.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Pop, summer strut, singer-songwriter, hip hop are a few of my favs.

What my sims listen to depends on their personality.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Electronica first followed by Latin Pop, Alternative, Easy Listening, Talk Radio, and Metal.
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I like listening to the Singer-Songwriter and Alternative the most.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Latin pop, blues, backyard, summer strut, hip hop, electronica. Couple more, I'm sure, but don't remember
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Lately I like the retro station. It gives me nostalgia for the previous sim games.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I always prefer R & B/Hip Hop for every version of The Sims. I also think the S-pop one is cute. That's where I add my custom k-pop mp3s.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    There's so many good ones. I really like Singer/Songwriter. Some of my fav music is on that channel. Alternative, Electronica, Hip-Hop, Pop are some of my go-to's as well.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I'm glad everyone is enjoying the music :)

I have to admit, I'm a bit selfish--most of the time I make my Sims listen to whatever music I want to hear at the time, and they just have to deal with it
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I like Island and Backyard the best, but sometimes you just need to hear the blues. :)
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Of the base game: My favorite build song is August. My favorite CAS one is December. Gallery/Map view one is Goodbye MBK. The genres from the packs I like are Electronica, a few of the pop songs, Alternative, Jazz, Blues, Retro, Spooky, Lullabies, NuDisco, Latin Pop, Summer Strut, Island Radio, Metal, Hip Hop, World, and Batuu Radio.

My music interest in real life is similar. I love rock, pop, alternative, indie, reggae, 90s hip-hop, jazz, ska, R&B, latin, electronica, and musicals.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    New age, retro, focus and pop. Although the kids in my sim houses always change it to tween pop when I turn it on. Its almost like they are going against their Simgod lol
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Pop
    Backyard
    Electronica
    Tween Pop
    Summer Strut

Just a lot of the music is fun and I'm glad some stuff packs added new music too 😋
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I will possibly listen to The Sims 4's soundtrack whenever I play The Sims 5, or The Sims 6. I say this because I used to dislike most of TS2's music,but now I stream it while playing TS4. And I never ever ever listened to TS3's music (I rarely played the game), but I stream it, too.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I love the music that came with Vampires and StrangerVille. Those were my favorites and now they share with the Star Wars music and DJ tunes. I also really like the Spooky station.
    #Team Occult
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Spooky, or New Age, or Blues, depending on mood.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Spooky and Strange Tunes. Probably metal if I had it.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    Metal
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I love Electronica. And then maybe Blues and Alternative.