Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What’s Up With People Not Actually PLAYING The Game Anymore?

123457...Next

Comments

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I seem to be playing more in "pause mode" lately while I fight with the game to get my sims to do what I want instead of what the game wants. It is getting seriously aggravating. I only build what I need to play and I have plenty of sims in my library to choose from so live(pause) mode is my main way to play.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited September 2020
    I’m late to the party but I must confess I’m a Sims 3 builder. I liked to build, enjoy participating in contests. Did the same thing in sims 4 until I discovered writing stories. Years have gone by without me playing any of the packs. Until recently. I’m sick with COVID and can’t write or really don’t want to create and I’m playing a family. I did this with Strangerville too. It’s fun to do a quest type story every once in a while. I’m now doing eco lifestyle and am loving the sandbox play of that pack and challenging my sims off grid and trying to save Evergreen Harbor. But it can get tedious and boring so it won’t be long and I’ll be back to my stories.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited September 2020
    The reason is because cas part snd build mode with gallery system are highly upgraded than the sims 2 and The sims 3 rather than live mode. My son enjoys more the sims 1. Actually, i purchased the sims 4 collector’s edition as a birthday present for my son. I was still enjoying the sims 3 more in 2014. And then...he played the sims 4 for a month or 2, then he got back to the sims 2. I asked why. He said the playing is very simple (as compared to other sims series). Now i’m playing his sims 4. I’m a bit build or creating sims, and mostly go for many kind of challenges in live mode. Currently, I’m managing 8 sims in a household. All of them are studying for distinguished degree. Hopefully, i wish to complete this challenge successfully.
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I’ve been around the sims community since 2007, and this isn’t a new phenomenon. There have always been builders, players, sim creators, storytellers, family players, challenge players, freestyle players, mod developers etc. There are so many fun ways to play the Sims, and the best part is there’s no wrong way. That’s why the game appeals to such a diverse group! I’ll be honest, I never spent as much time in CAS in previous games, but that’s because TS4 CAS is superior to previous games in my opinion. I still love my families and enjoy seeing my sims grow, develop relationships, and raise families. Generations has always been my favorite part of the Sims.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I used to play Live mode a lot more in previous games. Even today I can play Sims 3 or 2 Live mode for several hours, however I struggle with the Sims 4
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2020
    I’m late to the party but I must confess I’m a Sims 3 builder. I liked to build, enjoy participating in contests. Did the same thing in sims 4 until I discovered writing stories. Years have gone by without me playing any of the packs. Until recently. I’m sick with COVID and can’t write or really don’t want to create and I’m playing a family. I did this with Strangerville too. It’s fun to do a quest type story every once in a while. I’m now doing eco lifestyle and am loving the sandbox play of that pack and challenging my sims off grid and trying to save Evergreen Harbor. But it can get tedious and boring so it won’t be long and I’ll be back to my stories.

I’m sorry to hear that, and I hope you feel better soon!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    There are just different types of simmers and always have been. Some crossover better too. I like to play the game and tell stories to myself and be in live mode. I get really frustrated building personally and I'm usually in and out of CAS pretty quick, most sims get one outfit per category unless they are some sort of fashionetta character wise.
    I wonder how many more people have caught the building bug because it's easier than it use to be (even for me). Also you get popular doing it and can develop a following if that's your thing.
    Head on over to the Star Wars positive thread... you'll see that people are playing and sharing their pictures of game play.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Regardless of the reason, I am glad those people exist, because I am a boring builder and my sims benefit so much from those who fill the gallery with their creations.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I've always loved to build my homes, venues & landscapes. I also loved adding multiple ability traits, skills & lifestates to my sims.
    I finally got bored with Sims 4 back in March 2020, that I restarted to play Sims 3.
    However, I soon realized that Sims 3 & 4 were apples & oranges. So, I got ambitious with my Sims 4 & decided to make completely 4 unique game saves. My first became my
    Futuristic Game Save. My second became my Prehistoric Game Save. My third became my Reniessance Game Save. My fourth became my 20th Century Game Save.
    I do appreciated using the tropical trees from Island Living & Jungle Adventure for my Prehistoric landscapes.
    I also appreciated using the Foxfury Statues from Discover University for my Futuristic landscapes. The Pine Trees came in handy for my Reniessance landscapes.

Recently, I've only been playing & upgrading my Futuristic Game Save. Before September, I only had my 10th Doctor Who, S T: Voyager,
    Batman/Batgirl, X-Men's Storm &
    Apocalypse Warrior households.
    Now I've added Queen/Princess, Jedi & Scoundles households. I even built their homes in Oasis Springs & Willow Creek, the two world's I hardly used. I'm building a Villain Gothic home in Evergreen Harbor because no good sims deserves to live in that world. I'm thinking of making a villainess household with a combination of Dileks/Borg/Sith.

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I like to do both, I start of with a small house and a single sim usually, they get married and the family starts to come along and I extend the house. my aim is to stay on the same lot for a few generations, but I get bored very quickly and can't get passed the childen becoming teens before I start again. once they start making money I get bored, the play is too easy. But i can spend hours just going around and redoing all the premade homes. it's so fun.

Yeah, this is why I was requesting some type of high end pack. We literally have nothing to spend simoleons on. Everything literally cost nothing. Now you can live in a mansion and only pay like 1000 simoleons in bills ugh. I miss the 12k or more in bills. I have some families vaulting money because they have hit the 9,999,999 cap. Now I have families not even working...I am sure it will take 10 or more generations to actually burn through the money LOL.