Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only 'Star Wars: Journey to Batuu' complaining thread!

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Someone has probably already shared this but I find the fact that The English Simmer, who was really looking forward to this pack, is also so critical of it (and reiterates many of her usual issues with TS4) extremely telling. Does EA realize that their little cashdown isn't immune to death?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS0iuQijtwU&ab_channel=EnglishSimmer
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited September 2020
    LOL NO stormtroopers are NOT doing push-ups on the SW planet 😂😂😂 cmon devs, ridiculous!

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    LOL NO stormtroopers are NOT doing push-ups on the SW planet 😂😂😂 cmon devs, ridiculous!

This game sucks.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member

I'm surprised it's not a ball of clay xD
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Also why did they have to lock this awesome round bar behind this junk pack?

I think I initially bought GTW for super discount just for a chair lol but oh no EA not gon get me this time, that’s a promise!

• bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited September 2020

I think I initially bought GTW for super discount just for a chair lol but oh no EA not gon get me this time, that’s a promise!

The round bar is one of the only things that made me interested. That and gambling. But I'm still not gonna buy this pack for either of them :D

Most likely they'll be re-released in an upcoming pack anyway, hopefully a better pack than this mess.
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    edited September 2020
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    I’ve been playing the Sims since The 1st Sims came out, I have All if Sims 2, All of Sims 3, and have all of Sims 4, except for Journey to Batuu. This is the first time I haven’t bought a pack for my Sims collection. If they continue down this path of ignoring the faithful Sims player’s I won’t be spending anymore of my hard earned money on this game and it’s makes me so sad. Paralives is a game still being created but it looks promising that’s where my money is going to be going.

I feel the same way too, I've been playing the game from the start of the sims 1.
    new.png
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member

I need to know why is this a thing and why it's still in the game? Lol Who's the person that thought it would be a great idea to have sims randomly do push ups any and everywhere? cause I would like to talk to that guy. Imagine walking down the sidewalk, going to the theater, the gas station, church etc and low and behold theres some rando doing push ups in the middle of the street. Everyone would stop to stare at the guy...even sims who aren't athletic or have the athletic trait are doing this lol
    giphy.gif

• SinnerAndASimmerSinnerAndASimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    I have to deal with enough Starwars obsessed people in my real life, I don't need it in my game too. lol
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    @bixters wrote: »

The round bar is one of the only things that made me interested. That and gambling. But I'm still not gonna buy this pack for either of them :D

Most likely they'll be re-released in an upcoming pack anyway, hopefully a better pack than this mess.

I will never forget what Plumbella said in her review

If you want something a gameplay object in a pack, she said "Oh boy no because the sims may give them away for free down the line" XD XD
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I am not mad at EA/Maxis for it is their product and they can do what they want with it and I can do what I want and I know one thing I am not and had paid full price for this as I got it real cheap as I paid an lower price for the very few things it does have and for me it is an use once pack as I do not care if certain CAS items can be used in other neighborhoods and that is the extent of it and I see that is minor and nothing major. These types packs are becoming the norm.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited September 2020
    Okay, I watched a couple of streams to see if perhaps I was wrong. OMGosh, it is like watching paint dry. It cannot be compared to World Adventures at all and that it has been is insulting to World Adventures. I think I may end up giving up video games if this is considered by enough people to be quality questing; I hope that this doesn't become the standard, but if it does, it's not worth the time it takes to play. I suppose the build/buy stuff is pretty cool, I'll give them that. But the game play? I'll watch a bit more I suppose, but it honestly seems to be nothing but rabbit holes and the very worst kind of fetch quests.

I would be absolutely stunned if this brought in non-simmers, tbh. I know the bundle on Steam with the base game is $25 so I'm sure people will buy it. But to keep people you really do need engaging gameplay. Even Stardew Valley's quests have more depth to them.

Edit: I'm sorry if this offends anyone or I seem too harsh. If there is better game play, please tell me because, honestly, this is just surprising to me. I understand why LGR doesn't want to review it. I don't think I'd be able to come up with anything to review.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    (Btw anyone else noticing that r/thesims, that used to be dominated by posts about Sims 4 is basically 90% Sims 3 posts since this pack came out? SO many people reinstalling Sims 3 right now).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2020
    Felicity wrote: »
    Okay, I watched a couple of streams to see if perhaps I was wrong. OMGosh, it is like watching paint dry. It cannot be compared to World Adventures at all and that it has been is insulting to World Adventures. I think I may end up giving up video games if this is considered by enough people to be quality questing; I hope that this doesn't become the standard, but if it does, it's not worth the time it takes to play. I suppose the build/buy stuff is pretty cool, I'll give them that. But the game play? I'll watch a bit more I suppose, but it honestly seems to be nothing but rabbit holes and the very worst kind of fetch quests.

I would be absolutely stunned if this brought in non-simmers, tbh. I know the bundle on Steam with the base game is $25 so I'm sure people will buy it. But to keep people you really do need engaging gameplay. Even Stardew Valley's quests have more depth to them.

Edit: I'm sorry if this offends anyone or I seem too harsh. If there is better game play, please tell me because, honestly, this is just surprising to me. I understand why LGR doesn't want to review it. I don't think I'd be able to come up with anything to review.

The only one that I have watched so far that seems to have fun with it is Dr Gluon, but that's because he is pretty good at making everything funny in the sims4 because he adds voices to everything, he makes his own fun.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    logion wrote: »

The only one that I have watched so far that seems to have fun with it is Dr Gluon, but that's because he is pretty good at making everything funny in the sims4 because he adds voices to everything, he makes his own fun.

It sounds like he's the entertainment, not the game. I'll give him a watch, though. Maybe there's something I'm missing.

Well, I wasn't really planning on buying this ever but I'm always open to having my mind changed. The streams I've seen of this have not done that. Ah well.
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    (Btw anyone else noticing that r/thesims, that used to be dominated by posts about Sims 4 is basically 90% Sims 3 posts since this pack came out? SO many people reinstalling Sims 3 right now).

I am honestly debating it, might take a little while to get all the nraas mods for optimisation but lord, does that sound more appealing than this mess.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • KittHavenKittHaven Posts: 87 Member
    Love the Pack.

Seriously irritated over a few things.

- Why oh why give me all these fun aliens and then removing "the hats" in Batuu. I love playing other types of sims. All of them doesn't have to have magical occult powers for me to find it fun. Gahh...
    - I love playing families. I play occult little families that do strange things and doing that in a Star Wars-world would be awesome. But there are not "hats" for children. Nothing new so I shouldn't be surprised. Alien children cannot have fun haircolors. No one of the occult sims have children with powers. Indeed, spellcaster-children have zero reactions to magic so I guess I should not be surprised. I will just have to wait and hope that a kindhearted modder makes it possible to do Star Wars family-play like the pic I posted. Those are horns from DAI I believe.

I wish things were not so divided in Sims 4. I like occult adventures and familyplay and getting those two things to mesh sometimes feels like going against the game. It is like "Adventure Pack- anything below teen does not exist" and then we have "Family-only realistic". Makes me feel a bit mopey like I'm the only one enjoying the game this way.

I'm the same, HUGE Occult player, and I was intrigued when the pack was first announced that they might make the aliens improved in some way. On the one hand I can see why they didn't improve Sixam aliens in a Star Wars pack, after all you need to buy GTW to have those aliens and you know people would complain about a game pack requiring an expansion to work right. Imagine the backlash.

But that being said I thought maybe they could have added a new species of alien? One that didn't require GTW because functionally they are different? One of the gurus on Twitter said the reason they didn't make them an alien species is because in SW lore they are like humans... and Sims aliens have special powers... therefore the SW aliens are normal Sims. Bit of a lame excuse (to me anyway, this is just my own opinion as a long time Occult player).

And slightly OT, I have only played the Sims 4. In fact last month was my 5 year anniversary with the game! And even I can see the lack of depth compared to earlier games. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but I was watching a video about the Sims 3 and they said that toddler vampires sometimes would bite their teddy bears necks, witch toddlers could make their toys disappear and reappear sometimes like their magic was coming in?? That would be the depth of play I would treasure! And if we ever did get an expanded generations type pack like I see people asking for, I'd love if Occult kids had something added. Just to show their powers coming in, nothing too game changing, they are toddlers/kids after all so I wouldn't want them to be able to learn all the spells and master magic as quickly as their parents can. But maybe a few interactions with objects, and if they practice their powers as kids maybe when they age up they start with a little bit of experience with their power points or something..
    Hello! My name is KittHaven, or Kitt, and I have played the Sims 4 for quite a while. Maybe I'll think of something worthwhile to put here one day...

Origin ID: KittHaven
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

I am honestly debating it, might take a little while to get all the nraas mods for optimisation but lord, does that sound more appealing than this mess.

Am now debating buying a computer that can run TS3.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@SimQueenie9 Your computer runs TS4 but not TS3?
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

Affirmative.

Affirmative.

@SimQueenie9 I'm not sure how this is possible since TS3 has lower minimum requirements. Do you know your computer's specs? If you are interested in running the Sims 3 with your current computer maybe you can DM me or post a thread about it. I'm pretty sure someone could help.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

Affirmative.

@SimQueenie9 I'm not sure how this is possible since TS3 has lower minimum requirements. Do you know your computer's specs? If you are interested in running the Sims 3 with your current computer maybe you can DM me or post a thread about it. I'm pretty sure someone could help.

Sims 3 is a nightmare to run. You really need a bunch of Nraas mods just to keep it going! Sims 4 is much better in that respect.
    edited September 2020

Affirmative.

@elanorbreton I'm not sure how this is possible since TS3 has lower minimum requirements. Do you know your computer's specs? If you are interested in running the Sims 3 with your current computer maybe you can DM me or post a thread about it. I'm pretty sure someone could help.

Sims 3 is a nightmare to run. You really need a bunch of Nraas mods just to keep it going! Sims 4 is much better in that respect.

@elanorbreton Well it really depends on what you mean by "run". The game has a lot lower requirements to run on a computer. It does clog up sometimes because of its nature but with few alterations here and there and a mod or too it's no problem.
    So a game might run but the performance might decline or not be optimal is what you mean.
    Also it's been observed that in runs much better with PCs that came out in the last five years.
    Playing the Sims 3 nowadays is not nearly the struggle it was 11years ago.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    logion wrote: »

It sounds like he's the entertainment, not the game. I'll give him a watch, though. Maybe there's something I'm missing.

Well, I wasn't really planning on buying this ever but I'm always open to having my mind changed. The streams I've seen of this have not done that. Ah well.

Yeah, his streams are mostly him walking around and doing silly voices. I can understand why not everyone wants to play the game that way.