Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So The Sims 4 is Six now! Six years so much has happened! You?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
Ah Sept, it was only six years ago that I remember buying the Sims 4, the pre-ordered deluxe version from...wait...where did I buy it from?

Was it gamestop? Wow they dont even exist anymore in my city!

Six years ago...jeez, I wasn't even living in the same house than...I had a terrifying girlfriend who used to call me when she was driving and scream her road rage into the ear piece and totally blank it out when she got home. I remember the first time she did this because I was PLAYING the Sims 4 and my sim died tragically making a grilled cheese sandwich (I was, lets say distracted...)

I had a different job and almost all my friends and relationships with family have changed. Even my Avatar sim (of myself) has aged/been redone (guess I should update him lol) I didn't even install The Sims 4 on this computer, I didnt even HAVE this computer six years ago.

I still can't believe I've bough 35 packs for this game, I never would have believed there WOULD be 35 packs for this game if you told me that six years ago. Or thought I'd still be buying a star wars pack for the Sims 4!

Still wow...in six years, an entirely new generation of simmers have found this game and others have completely stopped playing the series.

I definitely didn't have a six year plan, although the pandemic didn't really surprise me, just how it unfolded and I wondered how I would have reacted back than, if I told myself I'd be single for more than half that time. Doesn't bug me now, but I'm sure I'd be like "wait, what?!"

I cant...even imagine life in the next six years, what the state of world will look like or my own world. I know it will definitely change a lot.

I wonder though if I'll still be playing the Sims 4? I kind of doubt it but than again...I just reinstalled the Sims 3 lol.

So what your life been like in last the six years, since the Sims 4 released?
Post edited by TOLKIEN on

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    My father was still alive back then 😔
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member

Sorry for your loss, my family life was very different than too. I could never have imagined what would become of my family. And the weird thing is..in some ways my sims haven't changed. I still play them the same way, still play basically evolved versions of my original sims.

I guess we hang onto what is comfortable even in the games we play!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »

Sorry for your loss, my family life was very different than too. I could never have imagined what would become of my family. And the weird thing is..in some ways my sims haven't changed. I still play them the same way, still play basically evolved versions of my original sims.

I guess we hang onto what is comfortable even in the games we play!
    Thank you. I agree as well. I haven’t Changed the way I play sims either. I try to change it up but I always go back to the same way. It’s easy to stick with what we’re comfortable with
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I got engaged, married, and moved to a different state.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I took a drink every time you said "six years" and am now rat-🐸🐸🐸🐸. :D

Apart from losing my job to coronavirus, my life remains unchanged. Though I have lost both grandmothers.

I didn't play TS4 till 2016, back when there wasn't as many bugs. It was better back then. My goal is to populate the world with descendants of Malcolm Landgraab.

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I took a drink every time you said "six years" and am now rat-🌺🌺🌺🌺. :D

Apart from losing my job to coronavirus, my life remains unchanged. Though I have lost both grandmothers.

I didn't play TS4 till 2016, back when there wasn't as many bugs. It was better back then. My goal is to populate the world with descendants of Malcolm Landgraab.

I lost my job to coronavirus as well, I'm still looking for a new job. If you haven't found another job yet, I wish you luck in your search
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I had my heart and spirit broken by somebody that I cared deeply for and also my beautiful first dog died. After many months of sadness and missing my fur baby I gave in and adopted a puppy, he makes me smile, laugh and he brightens all my days. I've changed in a lot of ways, not all good. I've become far more anti social than I used to be, I'm less naive and trusting but also I'm also more empathetic and wise now, I think.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Got married. Had a kid. Bought a house. Sold a house. Bought another house. Etc.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2020
    In the 2 1/2 years since I've gotten S4, lost a relative to SIDS, my cat (whom I've had for over 15 years) died a couple of days ago in an accident, my dad got into a car accident, I lost my job because the business went down, I watched as multiple franchises I supported go down in flames or died prematurely, lost a few meaningful friendships, went through 5 pet fish, watched my dog die, had TWO people I was seeing get Corona, and I didn't get my boy Torch in the game.

On the other hand, I discovered dirty mods and once made my sims Woo-Hoo in the middle of the apartment hallway while Father Winter watched. That was wicked.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Got a job after a layoff in which my former employer dumped the folks over 50 years old; began, finished, and published my first novel (Meathwyn) and working on sequel; process so many invoices I do it in my sleep; added more packs to my TS4 than care to think about & periodically play them; polished off my 6th decade on the planet & moved into the 7th; gone back to college via online classes at a university in the UK
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Six years ago, I had gallbladder surgery, so just happy to be here. I paid off my student loan, set up a financial portfolio, worked for four state departments, gained friends and family and pets and lost some, got my notary license and driver's license, moved, learned two languages, had my heart broken a few times, dyed my hair, earned a governor's award of excellence, learned how to clam and paddleboard, traveled to California and Hawaii to visit friends and family, learned how to paint with whipped cream, and got my fibromyalgia pain under control. I now have 3 nephews and one niece.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    edited September 2020
    I was in my second year in uni 6 years ago. I graded art uni and now I'm an assistant lead designer in a company. Other than that, I'm still single. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I've lost two jobs, my best friend died, my close family member has been seriously ill and is in the hospital ICU at the moment. Life hasn't been kind to me for a long time.
    Big thanks to Sims 4. It has helped me to get through some really dark times. :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    The last six years have been very good for me. My youngest son graduated college in 2018 and has a great job that he enjoys. Two weeks ago he got engaged to a wonderful girl. My oldest son and his wife had twin girls a year ago. I took early retirement so that I could watch them full-time. Two future simmers! 😄
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I was still in college studying to be a teacher six years ago. Now I have graduated and have a job, moved to a different state, lost some family members, and just bought a house. Six years ago I barely played the sims 4 and then in 2018 I got a desktop and it’s been all over ever since lol.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I was in Grade 7 when the game was released. Now I am supposedly First Year College! Due to pandemic however, I will be taking a year brake. The Online class is not my thing :)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I had my heart and spirit broken by somebody that I cared deeply for and also my beautiful first dog died. After many months of sadness and missing my fur baby I gave in and adopted a puppy, he makes me smile, laugh and he brightens all my days. I've changed in a lot of ways, not all good. I've become far more anti social than I used to be, I'm less naive and trusting but also I'm also more empathetic and wise now, I think.

@Sharonia was it a boyfriend that let you down? My ex-wife left me as I lay dying in hospital. I've never felt the desire to enter a relationship since.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited September 2020
    Was in my last couple of years of high school student to an adult with a degree....Adulthood = gross! :D
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    In the last 6 years, not much has changed for me personally but a lot has happened with my family that I will keep to myself. What I will say is, I turned 30 a little before the game released. I got a puppy and a cat. I became a great aunt and it's as awesome as being an aunt is. That's about all. I live a pretty boring life and I love it.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    edited September 2020
    Six years ago, I was 10 years old and had never even heard of The Sims franchise. I guess I’m part of that “entirely new generation of simmers”.

Anyways, I had just started homeschooling, and now, I still am, but I’m going to graduate in less than two years! Also, I had no interest in boys back then, and now I have a boyfriend, although I had met him before the release of The Sims 4 as he was my childhood friend. Finally, my old dog was still alive, and my bff still lived in the same town as me. I miss them both.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

@Sharonia was it a boyfriend that let you down? My ex-wife left me as I lay dying in hospital. I've never felt the desire to enter a relationship since.

Yeah it was but it's in the past now. I'm so sorry for how things turned out for you, people can be really something awful sometimes. I feel exactly the same way myself now with regards to relationships. Staying single and in peace.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Wow I've really loved reading all your life experiences over the last six years, thank you for sharing!
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited September 2020
    6 years ago I graduated with honours but only to lose my nana with a long battle in this month. I remember getting the last copy of the sims 4 in Best Buy
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Not much has changed for me, still a stay at home mom. 6 years ago I had toddlers, now my oldest has started playing the Sims 3 & 4. Otherwise it’s the same house, same cat, etc. My husband has gotten a few promotions so we are extremely thankful for that. Nothing else overly exciting, we’re rather boring people lol.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Yeah it was but it's in the past now. I'm so sorry for how things turned out for you, people can be really something awful sometimes. I feel exactly the same way myself now with regards to relationships. Staying single and in peace.
    It is easier to. I have had some friends that were married to real creeps. Two of my childhood friends are married to each other too. It isn't even about finding a Mr. Darcy but finding someone with the same foreign language and spiritual goals as me. It is like better to plan for a long term relationship than get stuck with a quick fling. Sorry you had to deal with hard times with people. Enjoy the singleness and honestly dogs tend to be more loyal anyways.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller