Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: SW:JB Sept.-Oct. 2020

Comments

• discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    @Bookwyrmme I'm not sure I know how to do that. I'm not very good with code.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    I still have some mod conflict with the missions in the new pack. Will take out out all mods and test let you know when i find it.
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    I figured it out! Thanks everyone for helping me out.
  • Simmer_ElfySimmer_Elfy Posts: 1 New Member
    I've updated my mods and have taken out several mods and my game still crashes. I have no clue why at this point. Is anyone else having this problem? I can't play for a whole 5 mins but it'll load up. :'(
  • BookwyrmmeBookwyrmme Posts: 59 Member
    @Bookwyrmme I'm not sure I know how to do that. I'm not very good with code.

You shouldn't have to, it should download properly. I have no idea how to do it myself.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I've updated my mods and have taken out several mods and my game still crashes. I have no clue why at this point. Is anyone else having this problem? I can't play for a whole 5 mins but it'll load up. :'(

Does it work with no mods installed at all? Then it is a mod. If no, clear out things like localthumbcache and do a repair game if it doesn't run after cleaning out the files that contain mod junk in them. Don't forget the Resources file in the Mod folder - when you change a lot, that file can go wonky.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    edited September 2020
    DarkAudit wrote: »
    I'm getting the feeling the reporters are not doing their due diligence this time around. Don't report a mod as 'broken' unless you've tested it as the only mod or bit of CC in your setup. Anything else in the way can cause unseen conflicts, and invalidates the data.
    Mendota wrote: »
    I am not having any issues with Custom careers. Are you sure they are broken?

Just because it's working in your game, doesn't mean it isn't broken. Many reports that @luthienrising uses are from the mod creators themselves, not random people on the internet. It doesn't have to cause an issue to be broken either. Unless you are neck-deep in the code, you may never know if it is broken or not. Unupdated mods have always been use at your own risk.

Yes I have been playing the Sims since Sims 1, so I am aware of how to use mods. And the mod creator herself has not reported any issues with her mods and she is generally on top of things. There are two methods to create career mods and so the issue might be with some and not others. I am only reporting on what I have experienced with the mods by Mid.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2020
    New for the Pack
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Updated Mods
    Updated CC
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    New Pack-Based CC
    New Pack-Related Content
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    NPCC is making regular townies appear in the Star Wars world, which isn't supposed to happen and doesn't happen without NPCC. I tested it alone, and reported it on patreon.
    edited September 2020
    Thanks @amethystlilac !

Broken Mods
    • NPCC (Paulson) - broken with the SW pack on Batuu

Updated Mods
    New Mod for the Pack
  • res0794rres0794r Posts: 2 New Member
    I am getting a glitch even after updating the above mods. Whenever I age a child to teen, their bodies just elongate instead of changing to a teen body. If I try to go to CAS after that the game freezes. MCC is not giving me any errors. I have removed all sliders and height related mods. Anyone else see this?
    edited September 2020
    res0794r wrote: »
    I am getting a glitch even after updating the above mods. Whenever I age a child to teen, their bodies just elongate instead of changing to a teen body. If I try to go to CAS after that the game freezes. MCC is not giving me any errors. I have removed all sliders and height related mods. Anyone else see this?

I haven't seen reports of that, but I'd suggest doing a 50-50 on mods and CC. Don't forget the part about deleting localthumbcache after you remove any mods/CC from the Mods folder.

Reported Fine by Creator
    • by the Scumbumbo team — Don't Prep Food Where You Angry Poop, Club Utility Console Commands, Outfit Tools - Copy Any Outfit, XML Injector
    Updated Mods
  • res0794rres0794r Posts: 2 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I haven't seen reports of that, but I'd suggest doing a 50-50 on mods and CC. Don't forget the part about deleting localthumbcache after you remove any mods/CC from the Mods folder.
    >
    > Reported Fine by Creator* by the Scumbumbo team — Don't Prep Food Where You Angry Poop, Club Utility Console Commands, Outfit Tools - Copy Any Outfit, XML Injector

I figured it out. It was the mc_dresser.cfg file. I had to delete it and create a new one.
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • by chingyu1023 — More CAS Traits for Sims Mod (& For Pets!)
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    @luthienrising

but... but there's got to be a way to fix all of them, right?! i have SO many doors and windows, and some of the creators probably don't update them... this is a mess! how did this happen??? i am literally freaking out.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
    Reitanna wrote: »
    @luthienrising

but... but there's got to be a way to fix all of them, right?! i have SO many doors and windows, and some of the creators probably don't update them... this is a mess! how did this happen??? i am literally freaking out.

@Reitanna The folks at S4S (Sims 4 Studio) are working on a batch fix and are optimistic. :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Reitanna did you see the post about a temporary fix? Apparently you can use a non-cc window, shrink it down, and hide it behind a cc window to restore its transparency. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't vouch for it, but it sounds promising!

I apologize for being off-topic.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I'm trying to update some of my mods by LittleMsSam , but I can't figure out how to use Google Drive or Dropbox could someone please help me?
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    the control any sim mod is working after i redownloaded the mod. The comments for the mod said too refresh the script
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I'm trying to update some of my mods by LittleMsSam , but I can't figure out how to use Google Drive or Dropbox could someone please help me?
    if you use google too download the mods by miss sam then you need a unzipper like 7 zip or winzip. the files be in your pc download folder

• Hoppel785Hoppel785 Posts: 122 Member
    Am I right that the modder Fogity only releases his mods against payment? From July the mods are no longer freely available! As far as I know, after a period of time the mods and creations should be made available to the public. I am a creator myself and do not take any fees but make my creations freely available to everyone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top