Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims 4 expansion "Murder at the Manor" leaked?

Comments

• chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    People are saying that they wouldn't make a pack based on a murder mystery because The Sims is a rated teen game, but are y'all forgetting TS3 Master Suite Stuff pack? It was a lingerie & love themed pack. Besides, I doubt they'd add too much gore and violence anyway.
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    edited September 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not the best but I made a higher qualtity render of the pack logo shown in the video :)

rOvIg9F.png

We have the fastest graphic designer here in the forums!

Thank you very much for your work!
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020
    I wouldn't mind at all if this was indeed real, even if it was a "story based" pack. It's at least a story that I wouldn't mind doing. I'm not into sci-fi or Star Wars so those were definitely passes for me, but I would for sure get this one. Plus the CAS and Build/Buy would be more useful for every day realistic players too.
    chacce wrote: »
    People are saying that they wouldn't make a pack based on a murder mystery because The Sims is a rated teen game, but are y'all forgetting TS3 Master Suite Stuff pack? It was a lingerie & love themed pack. Besides, I doubt they'd add too much gore and violence anyway.

0 gore and 0 blood, death in the Sims is clean.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member

I agree, but let's be honest here: the Sims 4 focus is on a much younger audience than Sims 3 was. Sims 3 was WAY more mature.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    I would totally believe (and enjoy) if it was a GP, but an EP?? Really?

I'm new to The Sims 4 business model,

I know stuff packs are only items, but what is the difference between Game Pack and Expansion pack?

Basically Game Packs bring new specific gameplay like spas, restaurants and vampires and they only focus on these features. EP's, on the other hand, add more broad and varied gameplay, like Get Together added the club system, nightclubs, caffes, DJs, photography and a new world.

Since this Murder Mistery would be definitely not broad, but very specific, I think it should be a GP.

I agree, totally not expansion pack material.

i think if it has multiple endings it could possibly be justified. like living in the town would cause certain factors to change the direction your story heads.

i use possibly be justified cause i dont see this as an expansion pack either. WAY WAY WAY too niche of an idea.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited September 2020

I agree, but let's be honest here: the Sims 4 focus is on a much younger audience than Sims 3 was. Sims 3 was WAY more mature.

i mean they totally could but honestly im mostly worried they'd butcher things trying to be "kid friendly" like even get to work detective career is mostly doodles in goth house level crimes so what would murder be? go in the death rabbithole room? behind death curtain?
    sims just dying out of nowhere? idk man

if even vampires can't kill sims by sipping too much how are we to have murderers
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    If this is real I hope they add roofs like we had in mansions and gardens in the sims 2! That was one of my favorite stuff packs. I wouldn't mind some of the stuff that came in the sims 3 The Now & Then Century Manor either.

https://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?scategoryId=13570&productId=OFB-SIM3:72479&section=UpSell

https://youtube.com/watch?v=eBu2mPfCniQ
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I tried to use the way back machine and when trying to look at the person's date on the computer for some reason it looked a little weird to me. They claim they saw it the other day but the numbers look off. Maybe I'm over analyzing lol.
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Please no. I really don't want a murder mystery themed pack. That was one of the very last things I voted for in that survey awhile back. If not the last.

Really hoping this is a fake. I'm not big on the idea of farming, but I would much prefer that over murder mystery.
    Please no. I really don't want a murder mystery themed pack. That was one of the very last things I voted for in that survey awhile back. If not the last.

Really hoping this is a fake. I'm not big on the idea of farming, but I would much prefer that over murder mystery.

What would you like?
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    The fact that "nobody asked for this" shouldn't be a reason for thinking this is fake. In fact, given Lindsay's letter to the community, it makes me think the opposite because she was very transparent that the top requested features (babies, cars, farms, and bunkbeds) wouldn't be a part of the next pack.
    The timing, look of the pack icon, etc all fit in with the idea that this leak could be real. I'm not saying it IS, but that it really shouldn't be immediately discounted. I'm not going to lie though, I am all for this idea!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I doubt it. Not only would I suspect they would shy away from the word "murder," but the contents sound like a GP format. Vacation world where you do stuff more or less locked to that world with a few things you can do at home. An EP is supposed to touch everything. Could a string of murders suddenly happen in Willow Creek? I doubt the devs would do that, but after GP9 anything can happen.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I really hope this is a fake. I am getting real tired of them making sims into some RPG that isn’t even good. I love murder mysteries just like I love Star Wars but I don’t want either in the Sims.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    What a surprise! I love the theme but i wouldn't want more story driven packs. Let's wait and see...
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The copy of the logo and description seems a bit copy pasted to me, so why it feels a bit off. Like when someone did that with the last leak.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    But how would they murder someone? Death by embarrassing someone? Even tho I would be interested in it if it was, I just don't see them doing it. TS4 tries wayyyy too hard to keep it 5 year old friendly, and while dying of old age or drowning or fire are in the game, murder is something else (even tho some players do murder off sims) other sims don't
  • SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    It’s interesting for sure. Not sure what to think but I’d buy it I love murder mysteries
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Oh, please, please, PLEASE let this be true.
    edited September 2020
    I'm sold with the "skeletons" being mentioned in the description. What @eleunicity says is a bit eye-opening, it looks like people who like to make fake logos and stuff? but why...

I hope is true tho cause I want some dark themes like murder manor ,skeletons, weird paitings, etc.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited September 2020
    elelunicy wrote: »

My guess is that @HazzaPlumbob faked this pack, but instead of posting it themselves, they asked their soccer-loving friend who doesn't care about Sims at all to post it for them, so that when this pack is exposed as fake, it wouldn't have backfired on them. @HazzaPlumbob also lives in the UK why might explain it's another British world.

Based on @HazzaPlumbob 's posting history, they love, love making fan made renders, logos, maps, etc. Faking this would be very easy for them.

Examples:

The @HazzaPlumbob account was banned on here many years ago though, and they currently post under the account @keylimepiesims which is very active on here.

thank you. the soccer friend's twitter is definitely...out of the blue that's for sure.

i think this is definitely fake now.

this makes sense, since that one person on twitter who faked the target country living thing got huge flak and ended up deleting so this tracks.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    This is 100 % fake,I bet. Like I said before,it's easy to make fake packs and try to pass them off as real packs made by EA/Maxis. I could take a picture of Tom Nook from the imternet and the Eco Living by EA. Then I could edit out the name and replace it with something like "Fun on Animal Crossing Island EP",then slap the picture of Tom Nook to make the pack seem real. I could also edit the Eco Living symbol,change the symbol to brown.

Besides,oes EA/Maxis REALLY want to have ANOTHER round of backland and angry fans? After all the backlash Eco-Living an the upcoming Star Wars pack are getting,do you think EA/Maxis REALLY want to repeat this by making a "murder mystery pack"?

Just because you REALLY want a murder mystery EP doesn't mean it's going to be added to Sims.Take this "leak" with a grain of salt.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    About this guy renders, Hazza, can we keep the Muana Llama World for us? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top