Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: SW:JB Sept.-Oct. 2020

Comments

• PiperSillyCatDogPiperSillyCatDog Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Faith_Sama said:
    > This probably sounds like a really dumb question, but is anyone else having problems with their game just closing suddenly? I've made sure to remove all the broken/outdated mods listed above but I can't for the life of me figure out why this keeps happening.

I had that. 50x50 found several culprits in my mods - all of them to do with extra slots overrides of Maxis objects, plus a very old override of Executrone (reward object office chair).
    Seems to be stable now after removing them all.
  • LucyhayesxLucyhayesx Posts: 3 New Member
    > @PiperSillyCatDog said:
    > > @Faith_Sama said:
    > > This probably sounds like a really dumb question, but is anyone else having problems with their game just closing suddenly? I've made sure to remove all the broken/outdated mods listed above but I can't for the life of me figure out why this keeps happening.
    >
    > I had that. 50x50 found several culprits in my mods - all of them to do with extra slots overrides of Maxis objects, plus a very old override of Executrone (reward object office chair).
    > Seems to be stable now after removing them all.

I aslo have had this glitch, i do use cc and mods, but can you please clarify what "extra slot overrides " mean. i may just be dumb!
    > @Faith_Sama said:
    > This probably sounds like a really dumb question, but is anyone else having problems with their game just closing suddenly? I've made sure to remove all the broken/outdated mods listed above but I can't for the life of me figure out why this keeps happening.

Yes i also keep having this happen? i use lots of mods and cc so if anyone knows what it is please do let me know! :smile:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks for the overnight help @WildIrishBanshee <3<3<3
    @PiperSillyCatDog Do you have names of any of those culprits?

Reported Fine by Creator
    • by Monochaos — all mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    >
    > @PiperSillyCatDog Do you have names of any of those culprits?

Anything to add extra slots or change slot size seems to have issues. There were too many for me to remember, but I wanted to give the heads up to people with lots of mods to make the 50x50 easier. If it has "slots" in the name - move all of them out of your mods folder, check that the game is stable, and try adding one at a time.
    "Item Slot fixes" by Ignifex was the only one that didn't casue this issue for me.
    The one definitely bad I can remember is something like "University Desk lamp slot re-sized" and "Sinks with slots".
    @PiperSillyCatDog Thanks. Did you test those without other mods installed? Just want to rule out a mod conflict, because I'm 99% sure I have Sinks with Slots but I wasn't getting game problems yesterday.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @PiperSillyCatDog Thanks. Did you test those without other mods installed? Just want to rule out a mod conflict, because I'm 99% sure I have Sinks with Slots but I wasn't getting game problems yesterday.

I can't rule out mod conflicts. Like people above said, I have tons of mods and CC.
    It is very difficult to test CTDs with 50x50. The crash isn't instantaneous, but very, very annoying. It also depends on other factors in your system, like Graphics card and Windows version.
    All I know, that it stopped when I removed a subfolder where I keep all of the XML overrides, and came back if I added back any of the slots overrides. I've been playing now for a couple of hours without a crash, and I'd rather loose a few innocent mods than waste days on testing.

I hope that it could help some people desperate to stop CTDs, but, of course, I am not a modder, and this is just a suggestion, not a qualified diagnosis.
    > >
    > > @PiperSillyCatDog Do you have names of any of those culprits?
    >
    >
    > Anything to add extra slots or change slot size seems to have issues. There were too many for me to remember, but I wanted to give the heads up to people with lots of mods to make the 50x50 easier. If it has "slots" in the name - move all of them out of your mods folder, check that the game is stable, and try adding one at a time.
    > "Item Slot fixes" by Ignifex was the only one that didn't casue this issue for me.
    > The one definitely bad I can remember is something like "University Desk lamp slot re-sized" and "Sinks with slots".

I have nothing to do with "slots" in my game! yes i checked my whole mod folder Any other ideas anyone??
    edited September 2020
    Lucyhayesx wrote: »
    > >
    > > @PiperSillyCatDog Do you have names of any of those culprits?
    >
    >
    > Anything to add extra slots or change slot size seems to have issues. There were too many for me to remember, but I wanted to give the heads up to people with lots of mods to make the 50x50 easier. If it has "slots" in the name - move all of them out of your mods folder, check that the game is stable, and try adding one at a time.
    > "Item Slot fixes" by Ignifex was the only one that didn't casue this issue for me.
    > The one definitely bad I can remember is something like "University Desk lamp slot re-sized" and "Sinks with slots".

I have nothing to do with "slots" in my game! yes i checked my whole mod folder Any other ideas anyone??

It's also possible that it's a game bug. Something like this can have multiple culprits. Test with no mods or CC installed, and check AHQ.

Updated CC Windows
    edited September 2020
    Broken Mods
    • event mods by MSQSims

Updated Mods
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • by MSQSims — all mods not mentioned above; tracking is here
    NOTE: If the update you're after today is on SimFileShare, you'll have to wait. The site is currently moving.
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    The food part of bienchen's roommatefix is throwing LEs. I tested with just that and MCCC. I had no idea there were rabbit holes in that mod, but that's the error given.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Are all custom careers broken? Like the ones made with Neias career tool too?
    NateTheLoser's Child Stars (with that name, no idea about the other version) causes crashes when you click on your sim
    I'm not sure what would happen if you already had a cult, but you can't start a cult with PimpMySims4's cult mod. When you click 'ponder cults' nothing happens
    ...also that's the only option I got, not the option to start a cult
  • Sprinter136Sprinter136 Posts: 5 New Member
    For anyone having crashing issues, there's a certain adult mod that had a crashing issue with the last update, and released another patch to fix it. It's doubtful anyone else would mention this on here, so I thought I'd give everyone a heads up
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    NOTE: If the update you're after today is on SimFileShare, you'll have to wait. The site is currently moving.

Do you happen to know when it expects to be done with the move?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    wait... ALL CC windows and doors that have ever existed are broken?? am i understanding that correctly?
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    Quesion! I downloaded the Freelance career fix and the file extension is .pyc. The mod was posting on Google Drive and I unzipped it as instructed yet that's what I got. I have no idea what it is and I'm afraid to install it until I know. Does anyone have any idea?
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited September 2020
    @discoduck227 You do not unzip .ts4scripts, redownload the mod. What you're seeing is a compiled Python script. Where did you see instructions to unzip a .ts4script though?
  • BookwyrmmeBookwyrmme Posts: 59 Member
    Quesion! I downloaded the Freelance career fix and the file extension is .pyc. The mod was posting on Google Drive and I unzipped it as instructed yet that's what I got. I have no idea what it is and I'm afraid to install it until I know. Does anyone have any idea?

Mine showed the same thing on the screen, two .pyc files, but when downloaded was just one .ts4script file.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Bookwyrmme wrote: »

Mine showed the same thing on the screen, two .pyc files, but when downloaded was just one .ts4script file.

Just download and put it into your Mods folder. It confused me at first too - was wondering why I was seeing Python. No unzipping or any messing around needed. And it works - hopefully, EA fixes it soon!

Could have just been whatever program they used to compile the script.
  • gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    I have no build cc but my windows are broken (no transparency). Am I the only one with this issue?
    @gothbunnie If it's not CC, head over to AHQ. There may be windows issues without CC that are system dependent, and they'll have the info there.
    @amethystlilac Thanks for the Bienchen tip. Child Stars sounds like an issue related to the rabbithole career breakage, perhaps. Do drop a note over where you got the mod, and the same for the Bienchen mod!
    @Dakota88 Yep, they're all broken.
    @Rouensims Sorry, I have no idea. I hope it's soon. :'(
    @Reitanna That's absolutely correct. All the CC windows and doors and arches have no transparency; they are frames inset in a wall. Except the handful that have been updated (see p. 1).
    Thanks @MizoreYukii & @WildIrishBanshee <3

Broken Mods
    • Child Stars (NateTheLoser)
    • roommatefix (Bienchen) - throwing LEs

Incoming ... PolarBearSims info! Off to compile it for you now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top