March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you plead for the grim reaper as an elder what happens?

I'm not sure that my title made any sense but basically, if I plead for an elders life will they live forever? I have to elder sims and I'm wondering if it's worth pleading?

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I don't think so. I made the mistake of waiting until a favorite Sim in Sims2, died of old age. I had learned you could plead for them, but not for death by old age. I don't think this has changed, although I have to admit I haven't tried. Once elder becomes a ghost, you can invite them to move-in, which gives you control of them. And if you have the Whispering Wishing Well, you can take a chance that the Sim will be brought back to life.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Actually I think you can plead for elders in TS4, my legacy founder and her spouse just died of old age and I had the option to plead for them. I've never done it though so it'd be interesting to know if there's a limit to how many times you can do it.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2017
    I've had one sim successfully be granted more time by the Grim Reaper and he was an elder. He happened to be a gay sim in a long, happy, monogamous marriage. Literally, he never even looked at another sim romantically other than his spouse. (He happened to be a geeky, techie guy - an INTJ type, probably, and other than falling in love with one man, he didn't focus much on romance. He didn't even necessarily want a child but his husband wanted to adopt and organized that. They were a very happy and stable family.) Anyway, he was granted more time probably as a result of the pleading of his husband. It's been a little while since I played them.

I know that it just meant that he got a few more days. He ended up dying on the same day within an hour of his husband. They are buried together in my makeshift graveyard in Newcrest.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    I've had one sim successfully be granted more time by the Grim Reaper and he was an elder. He happened to be a gay sim in a long, happy, monogamous marriage. Literally, he never even looked at another sim romantically other than his spouse. (He happened to be a geeky, techie guy - an INTJ type, probably, and other than falling in love with one man, he didn't focus much on romance. He didn't even necessarily want a child but his husband wanted to adopt and organized that. They were a very happy and stable family.) Anyway, he was granted more time probably as a result of the pleading of his husband. It's been a little while since I played them.

I know that it just meant that he got a few more days. He ended up dying on the same day within an hour of his husband. They are buried together in my makeshift graveyard in Newcrest.

That is so sweet.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I got one day out of pleading for an elder dying from old age once. The next time Grim came around for that sim, I think I had the option to plead again, but it failed. Not 100% sure anymore about the second time.
  • Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    Woolenhat wrote: »
    I'm not sure that my title made any sense but basically, if I plead for an elders life will they live forever? I have to elder sims and I'm wondering if it's worth pleading?

You can plead for an elder's life (even if they're dying of old age). However, when he/she is resurrected, the lifespan bar won't be reset, and the spared Sim will have until the game updates his/her age again. So: Anywhere from 5 Sim minutes to 24 hours.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member

That is so sweet.

Aww, thanks!
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    edited July 2017
    My sim saved her elderly father by pleading with the Grim Reaper to resurrect him. He passed away maybe two days later while out on a date with his wife. They can be brought back to life, but it doesn't last very long. When it's their time; it's their time.

But theoretically if you wanted to extend their life a little longer to see their grandchild born or something, it could be worth at least asking Grim for a favor :wink:
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    You can but my sim only got an extra sim day out of it. I didn't try to plead a second time
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    The a lot! I will definitely try this out!!
  • wilsonstonewilsonstone Posts: 18 Member
    > @Lomelindi7 said:
    > You can but my sim only got an extra sim day out of it. I didn't try to plead a second time

I don't mean to necro-thread this, but that answer was specifically what I was just looking for. My sim is at the end of his time. His wife pleaded and the Reaper brought him back. But if he really only has one more day it's not really worth it.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I'm surprised others have had luck with this--the reaper denied my Sim's requests every time.

And I always thought "necro posting" was a silly term--it makes it sound like someone is posting pics of dead Sim's bodies lol
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited September 2020
    You can plead and save them, but they stay just as old and die of old age again very soon after. Unless you use a potion of youth before they die again.

In my experience they die the next time you have a loading screen, either from traveling or from quitting and reopening the game.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I had a sim plead for his father (who already had a long life from the bodybuilder aspiration), and he only got a 1-day extension. Well, it was better than nothing
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?