The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batuu is just canonically inaccurate!

keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
Clearly someone didn’t do their research because what I’ve heard of the world coming in JTB is nothing like the actual Batuu!

Firstly, the planet is a jungle world, humid and temperate and scarred with winding river valleys. Apparently though, there’s no rain in the Sims 4 version, so what’s up with that! Was it too expensive, too hard to implement?

“Batuu's surface was covered in jungles, oceans”
Climate: Temperate
Primary terrain:
  • Cenotes
  • Forests
  • Mountains

This is a ridiculous excuse for the team’s laziness. Does this look at all comparable to the desert climate of California, Romeo?
To not include rain or snow in a new world is basically admitting it’s not compatible with seasons. Batuu should have had the same weather as Selvadorada, misty morning, torrential rain and thunderstorms.

latest?cb=20180529172116

Speaking of three suns, you can’t even see two of the suns from black spire outpost. Ubaat I is the only sun visible from the outpost throughout the entire year (I guess as a practical way to brush off the fact that the irl Disney park only has one sun in the sky, but it’s still canon none the less!)

“Ubaat I was one of three stars located in the Batuu system of the Outer Rim Territories, orbited by the planet Batuu. Out of the planet's three suns, it was the only one visible from the surface of Black Spire Outpost throughout the whole year.

As well as the suns, the moons of Batuu are also not both visible at the same time. Destra, the smaller of the moons, is tidally locked to the planet and can’t even be seen from black spire outpost.

“It was not visible from Black Spire Outpost, the planet's largest settlement.“

latest?cb=20200822003007

Sorry to be so negative, I know it’s probably insignificant to most sims players, but to someone who actual gives a plum about the lore of Star Wars, this kind of ignorance and lack of research really upsets me and has made me question what’s really in this pack for a Star Wars nerd like me? Because it’s certainly not realistic aliens, a lively world bustling with markets and interesting characters, challenging missions or any kind of story at all.

It’s one thing to exclude the players from building in the world, but to not even have the accurate weather or astronomical details is a bit of a deal breaker. :disappointed:

This pack really should have been a stand-alone spin-off game with the appropriate budget and guidance from the Lucasfilm story group.
Post edited by keylimepiesims on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Yeah, I thought that explanation was a bit stretched. Even with three suns it's possible to have weather, I can understand it being a hot planet, but no rain? Three suns would make the planet hot, but that depends on how far away the planet is from the suns, and weather happens with all planets capable of maintaining an atmosphere.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited September 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Yeah, I thought that explanation was a bit stretched. Even with three suns it's possible to have weather, I can understand it being a hot planet, but no rain? Three suns would make the planet hot, but that depends on how far away the planet is from the suns, and weather happens with all planets capable of maintaining an atmosphere.

It’s pretty basic science. Can the planet support liquid water? Yes? Then it has a hydrological cycle.

shutterstock-694784353.jpg
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    It is in a Sims game and therefore I don't expect them to follow the Lore as I do a official star wars game, such as SWTOR, and even then they don't follow it all the time correctly either.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I am fine with it because I don't want to be in Black Spire outpost and have it rain the entire time
    my sims are there because reasons Seasons. :#
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Rain would probably spoil all the electronics anyway.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I agree with both @CK213 and @crocobaura .
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Rain would probably spoil all the electronics anyway.

#truth
    #Team Occult
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Well I’m happy for all those not bothered by the lack of content. But for me, it’s just one less reason to visit the place. This pack just seems more and more like a glorified stuff pack, focusing on build mode more than the little details and world building. :persevere:
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Considering it seems like the only seasons most of my sims ever experience are rain, thunderstorm, cold, and blizzard, I might be taking my sims to Batuu just to have them not be constantly stressed from the weather.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    I thought it was mostly a representation of Black Spire Outpost which is a desert setting. 🤷 Maybe they should have named it Journey To Black Spire Outpost or Journey To Galaxy's Edge.
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    But who on Earth Batuu wants to visit an amusement park while it's raining?
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    sims team: this isnt for just sims fans! this is for our star wars AND sims fans! if you dont like star wars, then this pack isnt for you, so dont complain
    also sims team: /disregards all the lore and ignores actual star wars fans bc it takes another 10 minutes to read what the planet is like
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    It’s identical to Galaxy’s Edge at Disney World (maybe Land as well but idk)....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited September 2020
    Batuu is just canonically inaccurate!
    So what? This isn't a Star Wars game, so it doesn't have to be accurate. The Sims 4 is canonically incorrect itself.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Isn’t this, appearance-wise, supposed to be copying the Galaxy’s Edge area of the Disney park?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Isn’t this, appearance-wise, supposed to be copying the Galaxy’s Edge area of the Disney park?

Yes, and it seems to do that exactly. I thought people knew that?
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »

Yes, that was what I thought, too. Perhaps the lore is different in the Galaxy’s Edge versión of Batuu? I’ll have to look this up. (I love going to Disney theme parks, but my family and I have not visited Galaxy’s Edge yet.)
    (She/her)

Yes, that was what I thought, too. Perhaps the lore is different in the Galaxy’s Edge versión of Batuu? I’ll have to look this up. (I love going to Disney theme parks, but my family and I have not visited Galaxy’s Edge yet.)

I'm dying to go to Galaxy's Edge! Once the pandemic issue is settled and vaccinated and under control, I totally plan to take a trip there!
    #Team Occult

I'm dying to go to Galaxy's Edge! Once the pandemic issue is settled and vaccinated and under control, I totally plan to take a trip there!
    Me, too! 😀👍
    (She/her)

Me, too! 😀👍

Cool! See you there! 😆
    #Team Occult
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

We should go together! Disneyland!!
    Haflinger wrote: »

Sounds like a party!
    #Team Occult
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

Sounds like a party!

Whoo!! 🎉
  • GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Goosey wrote: »
    The star wars world doesn't belong anywhere in the sims. Just look at the basics of star wars... the whole movie starts off saying it takes place long ago, in a galaxy far away. So this makes no sense to have the star wars in the sims since the sims is a fictional version of earth and takes place in the milky way galaxy.

It's just that EA has the star wars license right now and feels obligated to use it in every way they can, and we got stuck in the middle of it and the poor sim guru lackeys have to somehow defend its presence in our game.

Obviously we are not forced to buy it, but they waste their resources making this and marketing it as something we wanted yet it wasn't and time could have been put into fixing more bugs or releasing content more of the majority would have wanted.

People want more sandbox gameplay, fixed bugs, better CAS with color wheel so we can make our own proper skin tones, open world etc. They don't want linear storyline like this pack, it was the main problem people had with strangerville, but at least you could build in that world.

The most uninformed person you could find here would still make better decisions than EA does with Sims 4.

Depends on who you say don't want it. While it may not be a Star Wars game, like the ones I play, it still is Star Wars in essence and I have always loved Star Wars so I will enjoy it. I didn't care for the knitting as I think that is boring but okay some like it just like some will like this, just like I will.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing